Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Censorship is ILLEGAL and Moderating Posts is CENSORSHIP

[ 24 posts ] 
Censorship is ILLEGAL and Moderating Posts is CENSORSHIP
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2569Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Post Re: Censorship is ILLEGAL and Moderating Posts is CENSORSHIP

Mod note:

Ok, my morbid sense of curiosity has been satisfied.

My very optimistic hope of getting SOMEthing productive out of this was mostly borne out of the fact that things are rather quiet these days.

But so, in conclusion:

Yes, we moderate everything here, on our privately owned/run forum.

Yes, you are free to call it censorship.

No, it's not illegal.

What utterly special kind of moron would you have to be to make such an argument?

Answer: a banned one. Good bye!
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215

The horse is a ferocious predator.
Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:19 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5003Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Damn, I missed it.

Yep, the servers are mine, the site is operated by me and a crack team of mods and contributors for a purpose stated on our about page. Certainly it is open to the public (like a pub), but it is privately owned and operated (like a pub).

Given that the OP quoted a number of pieces of (irrelevant) legislation, I was surprised that he hadn't taken the time to look up the meaning of the word censorship before vomiting all over this sub-forum.

I would've started there.
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:21 am
SpecialFrogUser avatarPosts: 827Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:13 pmLocation: Great White North Gender: Tree

I think the OPs general view of what "free speech" and "censorship" mean is not uncommon amongst people online. But they elevated the position to a new level of incoherence.
"Life is nothing but an electron looking for a place to rest" -- Albert Szent-Gyrgyi
Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:04 pm
LaurensSocial EditorUser avatarPosts: 2952Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:24 pmLocation: Norwich UK Gender: Male

I find it amusing how many people fail to grasp the concept of free speech and censorship.

People seem to think free speech means always being able to say anything you want anywhere.

Really it just means that you won't face government persecution for something you say.
Like the League of Reason on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

Shameless Self-Promotion
Listen to my music on Soundcloud
Like my music page on Facebook
Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:12 pm
Previous
 [ 24 posts ] 
Return to Politics & Law