Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Trump advokes sexual assault.

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 2 of 2
 [ 34 posts ] 
Trump advokes sexual assault.
Author Message
thenexttodiePosts: 673Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:59 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: Trump advokes sexual assault.

Grumpy Santa wrote:Next, if you really care about stopping abortion and aren't simply playing lip service to the Republican platform then you should vote Democrat. The only way to stop abortion is to prevent the need (as much as possible) for there to ever be an abortion. This would include comprehensive sex-education, the availability of contraception to everyone that wants it, plans to reduce poverty, etc.

Simply making it illegal does nothing to alleviate the cause as to why people seek out abortions in the first place. All it does is make people seek illegal abortions. You must remove the cause of the problem in order to get rid of the problem. Then (ideally) you only would have abortions in the case of medical necessity or in case of rape/incest type situations.


Is that what Jesus what do? Tell people to vote Democrate?
Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:33 am
WarKChat ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 1172Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:59 am Gender: Tree

Post Re: Trump advokes sexual assault.

thenexttodie wrote:
Laurens wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-women-comments_us_57f8016de4b0e655eab4148d

Its strange that most of the headlines talk about "lewd remarks". To me he unequivocally says he likes to sexually assualt women. They ought to call it what it is!

Telling someone you grope women and can get away with it because of who you are is pretty much a straight up admission of sexual assault.


You have never touched a womens pussy before?


Ahh, Christian moral standards.

To Christians, like thenexttodie, consent doesn't come into the equation. No wonder rape is so common within Christian organisations.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:52 am
Duvelthehobbit666User avatarPosts: 1136Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:39 pmLocation: On a pale blue dot Gender: Male

Post Re: Trump advokes sexual assault.

thenexttodie wrote:
Grumpy Santa wrote:Next, if you really care about stopping abortion and aren't simply playing lip service to the Republican platform then you should vote Democrat. The only way to stop abortion is to prevent the need (as much as possible) for there to ever be an abortion. This would include comprehensive sex-education, the availability of contraception to everyone that wants it, plans to reduce poverty, etc.

Simply making it illegal does nothing to alleviate the cause as to why people seek out abortions in the first place. All it does is make people seek illegal abortions. You must remove the cause of the problem in order to get rid of the problem. Then (ideally) you only would have abortions in the case of medical necessity or in case of rape/incest type situations.


Is that what Jesus what do? Tell people to vote Democrate?

Yes. The treatment of the poor by the democrats are closer to what Jesus wants than the republicans.
Image

"Beer, the cause of - and solution to - all of lifes problems" Homer Simpson

I have a blog now
Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:31 am
WWW
australopithecusAdministratorUser avatarPosts: 4277Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: Trump advokes sexual assault.

thenexttodie wrote:
Laurens wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-women-comments_us_57f8016de4b0e655eab4148d

Its strange that most of the headlines talk about "lewd remarks". To me he unequivocally says he likes to sexually assualt women. They ought to call it what it is!

Telling someone you grope women and can get away with it because of who you are is pretty much a straight up admission of sexual assault.


You have never touched a womens pussy before?


I remember puberty. You'll get through it.
Image
Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:22 pm
TreePosts: 41Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:08 pm Gender: Tree

Post Re: Trump advokes sexual assault.

Oh my, this is easily the flimsiest point made against Trump in the entire campaign and luckily people aren't buying this phony politically correct outrage anymore, it's why his numbers didn't take any significant hit. Some goofy Republicans called on him to drop out but he made the right call to just ignore them. They made the WRONG CALL.

If you want to criticize him for being an adulterer and philanderer be my guest, I don't care. If you think it's vulgar, fine, we all know you probably talk like that too with the bros at the bar. Maybe that sort of language isn't very presidential, but he wasn't running 10 years ago, he was never in politics before 2016.

Sexual assault no, hate to tell you this but if these comments were all you had in a court of law it wouldn't stand up as evidence that any crime was committed and the judge would laugh it out of court and probably fire the prosecutor for wasting the court's time with nonsense. "Grabbing them by the pussy" does not in any way, shape or form imply there was a lack of consent. He even follows it up by saying "they let you do it" cause "you're a star". The comments made are also obviously a hyperbole. They clearly aren't referring to every single beautiful woman on the planet, that would be impossible. Physically too. Only a minority of these women, which they themselves are a minority of all women, actually care if you're a "star". The comments are obviously referring to a very small class of loose women (maybe high class prostitutes), the kind who sleep with famous people because they're famous and rich. Don't tell me you've never heard of groupies.

So then his opponents try to say that "I don't even wait" means "I don't even wait for consent". Well no, you made that up, he didn't say he doesn't get consent, which by the way doesn't even need to be verbal consent. It could be a lot of things he doesn't wait for: 2nd date, marriage, commitment blah blah. I find it hilarious that leftists are offended by that kind of hook up culture when they pretty much set it in motion with the sexual revolution in the 60's. So if you see Donald Trump as some sort of monster because of this just remember, you created the culture that encourage people like him. He's your monster. Now live with it. If you want to go back to a more puritanical time be honest about it, don't pretend to be "sexually liberated" while demonizing straight male sexuality at every opportunity. And yes we all know if Trump was gay you wouldn't care about these comments, you'd just see them as comments made by a horny gay dude.

When he says "you can do anything" again that is evidently hyperbolic. There are no women who literally "allow you to do everything", not even the kind you pay for, everyone has their limits.

It's also possible that he's simply exaggerating and inflating his own sexual accomplishments and none of these women ever existed or if they did, they weren't seduced quite as easily as he implies they were.

There's no case here sorry. Who cares about some locker room banter.
Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:53 pm
australopithecusAdministratorUser avatarPosts: 4277Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: Trump advokes sexual assault.

Just for clarification, will you be resurrecting all old threads wherein Trump isn't having his balls caressed? Just so we know.
Image
Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:16 pm
TreePosts: 41Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:08 pm Gender: Tree

Post Re: Trump advokes sexual assault.

Just trying to offer some counter points because there's an unusual amount of Trump criticism on this page. I've only picked topics that were in the first 10 on the page, but sure I won't bump any more.
Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:22 pm
australopithecusAdministratorUser avatarPosts: 4277Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: Trump advokes sexual assault.

No, that's fine. We've had issues before with new members bumping threads from year ago. So long as they're not obscenely out of date then feel free, but it may be worth starting new threads if there's a specific issues want to discuss. You will find that despite being a melting pot of opinions and philosophies, predominately the forum leans more left than right, so Trump criticism will be prevelant.
Image
Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:30 pm
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3222Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Post Re: Trump advokes sexual assault.

You are correct that Trump just boasted about this, but this is the result of when it happens outside of the locker room.

Tree wrote:So then his opponents try to say that "I don't even wait" means "I don't even wait for consent". Well no, you made that up, he didn't say he doesn't get consent, which by the way doesn't even need to be verbal consent. It could be a lot of things he doesn't wait for: 2nd date, marriage, commitment blah blah.


Perhaps you are right and Trump is talking about a very loose woman that would allow that to happen. However, as above demonstrates, consent is key.

Tree wrote:I find it hilarious that leftists are offended by that kind of hook up culture when they pretty much set it in motion with the sexual revolution in the 60's.


That hookup culture was based on consent. Without it, it is assault.

Tree wrote:So if you see Donald Trump as some sort of monster because of this just remember, you created the culture that encourage people like him. He's your monster. Now live with it.


:lol:

Consent has always been key in that culture. Running around assaulting people is not apart of that culture. They are two different things.

Tree wrote:If you want to go back to a more puritanical time be honest about it, don't pretend to be "sexually liberated" while demonizing straight male sexuality at every opportunity.


Sexual assault is a crime and immoral. The difference between Christopher von Keyserling and Trump would be consent if you are correct. No one is demonizing anything but violations of consent.

Tree wrote:And yes we all know if Trump was gay you wouldn't care about these comments, you'd just see them as comments made by a horny gay dude.


Oh look, you are a mind reader. However, you need to get a refund from those mind reading classes. Again, consent is key in all those cases. If you are right and Trump is talking about groupies that would consent to this happening to them, than fine. However, when someone else just walks up to another person and grabs them without their consent, it is a crime. It is as simple as that. Thus your imagined gay man grabbing a consenting person like that would not bat and eye for me, but a gay man grabbing someone else without it will.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:54 pm
YIM WWW
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2536Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Post Re: Trump advokes sexual assault.

Tree wrote:Just trying to offer some counter points because there's an unusual amount of Trump criticism on this page. I've only picked topics that were in the first 10 on the page, but sure I won't bump any more.



An unusual amount? Why would you say that?

The members on this site are mostly non(or downright anti-)religious, science-interested young people. People like that tend to... have less favorable feelings towards Trump, so there is absolutely nothing unusual about it.

In fact, it's probably unusual that there aren't more topics calling Trump a self-absorbed, self-indulgant, moronic, narcissist, dishonest, ethically devoid, entitled, wildly annoying, unsympathetic, populist, scare-mongering, science-denying, semi-psychotic megalomaniac who panders to the basest of instincts in people and is pathologically unable to be humble or admitting his own mistakes.

I guess people really restrained themselves.

Personally, I never got particularly worked up about the pussy-grabbing thing, because it seemed entirely fitting for his character.
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215


The horse is a ferocious predator.
Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:44 pm
TreePosts: 41Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:08 pm Gender: Tree

Post Re: Trump advokes sexual assault.

he_who_is_nobody wrote:Perhaps you are right and Trump is talking about a very loose woman that would allow that to happen. However, as above demonstrates, consent is key.


Well the burden of proof is on the people who claim this.

The comment alone does not prove he ever committed sexual assault, does not even prove that he is describing a sexual assault. He literally said "they let you do it". Just macho talk from a guy with groupies really mixed with some obvious hyperbole. At least that seems like the most likely interpretation of those comments.

Tree wrote:That hookup culture was based on consent. Without it, it is assault.


We're in agreement about that, but there's no reason to believe the pussy grabbing happened without consent. The comments have been misrepresented by a hysterical media desperate to discredit him. Well at least we know why because Hillary never stood a chance after all.

Tree wrote:Again, consent is key in all those cases. If you are right and Trump is talking about groupies that would consent to this happening to them, than fine. However, when someone else just walks up to another person and grabs them without their consent, it is a crime. It is as simple as that. Thus your imagined gay man grabbing a consenting person like that would not bat and eye for me, but a gay man grabbing someone else without it will.


At no point did he say these are just random beautiful women he "walks up to" and instantly grabs.

In fact there's no indication at all who these women are and where the pussy grabbing occurred or even if they ever existed and he's not simply bragging to impress the "bros". Maybe he's always been faithful to his wife, I really doubt it, but who knows? Could have been on his private jet, could have been in a hotel room, nobody knows WHERE and in what circumstances, were they groupies, were they hookers you can just fuck within 5 minutes of meeting them for the first time, most of them definitely will allow you to grab them by the pussy, but if you claim the circumstances were malicious you need to prove it, otherwise it's slander.

Quote:

I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful women. I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. You just kiss. I don’t even wait. When you’re a star they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.

No details at all, just blatantly hyperbolic talk.
Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:30 am
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3222Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Post Re: Trump advokes sexual assault.

Tree wrote:
he_who_is_nobody wrote:Perhaps you are right and Trump is talking about a very loose woman that would allow that to happen. However, as above demonstrates, consent is key.


Well the burden of proof is on the people who claim this.

The comment alone does not prove he ever committed sexual assault, does not even prove that he is describing a sexual assault. He literally said "they let you do it". Just macho talk from a guy with groupies really mixed with some obvious hyperbole. At least that seems like the most likely interpretation of those comments.


Agreed.

Tree wrote:
Tree wrote:That hookup culture was based on consent. Without it, it is assault.


We're in agreement about that, but there's no reason to believe the pussy grabbing happened without consent. The comments have been misrepresented by a hysterical media desperate to discredit him. Well at least we know why because Hillary never stood a chance after all.


I honestly love how the Democrats thought she was electable.

Tree wrote:
Tree wrote:Again, consent is key in all those cases. If you are right and Trump is talking about groupies that would consent to this happening to them, than fine. However, when someone else just walks up to another person and grabs them without their consent, it is a crime. It is as simple as that. Thus your imagined gay man grabbing a consenting person like that would not bat and eye for me, but a gay man grabbing someone else without it will.


At no point did he say these are just random beautiful women he "walks up to" and instantly grabs.

In fact there's no indication at all who these women are and where the pussy grabbing occurred or even if they ever existed and he's not simply bragging to impress the "bros". Maybe he's always been faithful to his wife, I really doubt it, but who knows? Could have been on his private jet, could have been in a hotel room, nobody knows WHERE and in what circumstances, were they groupies, were they hookers you can just fuck within 5 minutes of meeting them for the first time, most of them definitely will allow you to grab them by the pussy, but if you claim the circumstances were malicious you need to prove it, otherwise it's slander.


Actually, he was talking about the woman he talks to after getting off the bus. This was not in reference to some made up woman. The event might have been, but he did say that about an actual woman.

Tree wrote:Quote:

I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful women. I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. You just kiss. I don’t even wait. When you’re a star they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.

No details at all, just blatantly hyperbolic talk.


He said that because they were going to meet that lady. Have you never actually watched the film? He clearly talks about a married woman. I mean moments before the part you quoted he says (at 1:08 in), "Yeah, that's her. With the gold." The next thing he says is what you quoted. Before that, he says how he tried to have sex with her even though she was married.

_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:56 am
YIM WWW
TreePosts: 41Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:08 pm Gender: Tree

Post Re: Trump advokes sexual assault.

I never watched the whole show but regarding that woman who was married, there's no indication that he sexually assaulted her, quite the opposite, he makes it clear he backed off when he realized she wasn't into him.
Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:01 am
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3222Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Post Re: Trump advokes sexual assault.

Tree wrote:I never watched the whole show but regarding that woman who was married, there's no indication that he sexually assaulted her, quite the opposite, he makes it clear he backed off when he realized she wasn't into him.


Yeah. We already agreed to this being him talking out his ass. All I was doing was pointing out that you were mistaken in thinking that the lady he was referring to could have also been fictional. As I pointed out, the quote you used was misleading, because the sentence you quoted was mined to remove the lady Trump was acknowledging.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:34 pm
YIM WWW
Previous
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 2 of 2
 [ 34 posts ] 
Return to Politics & Law

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests
cron