Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

America. Not the land of the free nor home of the brave.

[ 65 posts ] 
America. Not the land of the free nor home of the brave.
LaurensSocial EditorUser avatarPosts: 2950Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:24 pmLocation: Norwich UK Gender: Male

Post Re: America. Not the land of the free nor home of the brave.

President Trump is a crazy guy. He should be in jail. I've met him, he's a nice guy, really nice guy. One of the best. Great hair. Small hands. You should never trust a guy with small hands. Nice guy, but he's crazy. He says crazy things. You've heard it. I've heard it. We've all heard crazy things. Put him in jail. Never let him out. Keep him in there forever. You just can't trust the guy. Have you seen him? I've seen him. He's a bad man. Should be in jail. I've got friends. Rich friends. Powerful friends. The best friends. They say to me "you can't just put a man in jail". Yes I can. I will. He's evil. I don't like him. Can't trust him.
Like the League of Reason on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

Shameless Self-Promotion
Listen to my music on Soundcloud
Like my music page on Facebook
Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:58 pm
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3333Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Laurens wrote:President Trump is a crazy guy. He should be in jail. I've met him, he's a nice guy, really nice guy. One of the best. Great hair. Small hands. You should never trust a guy with small hands. Nice guy, but he's crazy. He says crazy things. You've heard it. I've heard it. We've all heard crazy things. Put him in jail. Never let him out. Keep him in there forever. You just can't trust the guy. Have you seen him? I've seen him. He's a bad man. Should be in jail. I've got friends. Rich friends. Powerful friends. The best friends. They say to me "you can't just put a man in jail". Yes I can. I will. He's evil. I don't like him. Can't trust him.

Are you drunk or just channeling the Donald?
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:44 pm
YIM WWW
LaurensSocial EditorUser avatarPosts: 2950Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:24 pmLocation: Norwich UK Gender: Male

he_who_is_nobody wrote:
Laurens wrote:President Trump is a crazy guy. He should be in jail. I've met him, he's a nice guy, really nice guy. One of the best. Great hair. Small hands. You should never trust a guy with small hands. Nice guy, but he's crazy. He says crazy things. You've heard it. I've heard it. We've all heard crazy things. Put him in jail. Never let him out. Keep him in there forever. You just can't trust the guy. Have you seen him? I've seen him. He's a bad man. Should be in jail. I've got friends. Rich friends. Powerful friends. The best friends. They say to me "you can't just put a man in jail". Yes I can. I will. He's evil. I don't like him. Can't trust him.

Are you drunk or just channeling the Donald?

I was just trying to argue against him on his level
Follow us on Twitter

Shameless Self-Promotion
Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:48 pm

To be honest I wish I was drunk all the time

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Follow us on Twitter

Shameless Self-Promotion
Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:56 am
thenexttodiePosts: 799Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:59 pm Gender: Male

Laurens wrote:To be honest I wish I was drunk all the time

Laurens, I know I am just a dumb creationist and that you do not like me. I used to party alot and a never thought It had it had much of negative impact on my life. I still do, just not as much as before..

You will eventually reach a point in life where you would not want to have a reputation of being a drunk or a drug user. I don't think it is fair to judge people this way, but you are better than this.
“..the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him.” Tolstoy
Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:27 pm
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2561Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

thenexttodie wrote:
Laurens wrote:To be honest I wish I was drunk all the time

Laurens, I know I am just a dumb creationist and that you do not like me. I used to party alot and a never thought It had it had much of negative impact on my life. I still do, just not as much as before..

You will eventually reach a point in life where you would not want to have a reputation of being a drunk or a drug user. I don't think it is fair to judge people this way, but you are better than this.

thenexttodie, I know I'm just a dumb evolutionist and that you do not like me. I used to be unable to determine when people weren't being serious in comments. I still do, just not as much as before.

You will eventually reach a point in your life where you would not want to have a reputation of being oblivious to the concepts of sarcasm and humor. I don't think it's fair to judge people this way, but you are better than this.

(sorry, couldn't resist...)
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215

The horse is a ferocious predator.
Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:14 am

Sorry thenexttodie I apologise if my post triggered you
Follow us on Twitter

Shameless Self-Promotion
Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:23 am

:lol: Ok, fuck it!
“..the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him.” Tolstoy
Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:57 pm
Dragan GlasContributorUser avatarPosts: 2956Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:55 amLocation: Ireland Gender: Male

Greetings,

Interesting recent study on the relationship between religion and gun-ownership in the US:

Religious involvement lessens likelihood of owning a handgun

Clearly, being positively involved in a community with a large social network, as against a "me against the (sinful) world" negative mentality, makes all the difference.

Kindest regards,

James
"The Word of God is the Creation we behold and it is in this Word, which no human invention can counterfeit or alter, that God speaketh universally to man."
The Age Of Reason
Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:44 pm

Dragan Glas wrote:Greetings,

Interesting recent study on the relationship between religion and gun-ownership in the US:

Clearly, being positively involved in a community with a large social network, as against a "me against the (sinful) world" negative mentality, makes all the difference.

Kindest regards,

James

Great link. Makes a lot of sense. I used to carry a gun as a "me against the world" type but quickly realized it was not really needed because of my large social network of criminals.

In America, the church can also be a great network. You are far more likely to meet the owner of a multi-million dollar company at church than at the unemployment office.
Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:16 pm
Steelmage99Posts: 170Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 9:43 am Gender: Male

thenexttodie wrote: You are far more likely to meet the owner of a multi-million dollar company at church than at the unemployment office.

That sounds suspiciously like a deepity.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Citations:deepity
Blunder that theists make all the time;

Pretending to know what other people think.
Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:05 pm

thenexttodie wrote: You are far more likely to meet the owner of a multi-million dollar company at church than at the unemployment office.

Steelmage99 wrote:That sounds suspiciously like a deepity.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Citations:deepity

Do you really think you would meet such people at the unemployment office? I think you possibly might be insane.
Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:26 am
Dragan GlasContributorUser avatarPosts: 2956Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:55 amLocation: Ireland Gender: Male

Greetings,

thenexttodie wrote:

Kindest regards,

James

Great link. Makes a lot of sense. I used to carry a gun as a "me against the world" type but quickly realized it was not really needed because of my large social network of criminals.

Is that sarcasm?

thenexttodie wrote:In America, the church can also be a great network. You are far more likely to meet the owner of a multi-million dollar company at church than at the unemployment office.

The point is that one is actively involved in a community rather than being a loner - aka, "failed joiner", which is what those with a "me against the world" attitude tend to be.

Kindest regards,

James
"The Word of God is the Creation we behold and it is in this Word, which no human invention can counterfeit or alter, that God speaketh universally to man."
The Age Of Reason
Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:34 am

Dragan Glas wrote:Is that sarcasm?

No! I think it was an interesting study which I could relate to and I never knew that such a study had been done. Thank you.

thenexttodie wrote:In America, the church can also be a great network. You are far more likely to meet the owner of a multi-million dollar company at church than at the unemployment office.

Dragan Glas wrote:The point is that one is actively involved in a community rather than being a loner - aka, "failed joiner", which is what those with a "me against the world" attitude tend to be.

Kindest regards,

James

Do you think atheists can be "failed joiners"?
Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:15 am

Greetings,

thenexttodie wrote:
Dragan Glas wrote:Is that sarcasm?

No! I think it was an interesting study which I could relate to and I never knew that such a study had been done. Thank you.

I was referring to your comment regarding your "large social network of criminals"(!)

thenexttodie wrote:

Dragan Glas wrote:The point is that one is actively involved in a community rather than being a loner - aka, "failed joiner", which is what those with a "me against the world" attitude tend to be.

Kindest regards,

James

Do you think atheists can be "failed joiners"?

Anyone can be a failed joiner - as the study shows regarding overly-religious conservative people with a judgmental attitude towards others.

Remember, calling someone an atheist is like a Jew calling non-Jews "gentiles", Christians calling non-Christians "heathen", and Muslims calling non-Muslims "infidels" (literally "without faith"!).

"Atheists" have beliefs and or philosophies of life too - they just don't involve gods.

Although from your perspective I'm an atheist, from my perspective I'm a humanist, specifically a secular humanist.

Kindest regards,

James
The Age Of Reason
Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:47 am

No! I think it was an interesting study which I could relate to and I never knew that such a study had been done. Thank you.[/quote]
Dragan Glas wrote:I was referring to your comment regarding your "large social network of criminals"(!)
No, it's true. That's why I believe the study you referred us to is accurate. It leads too the exact reason why I only carried a firearm for a brief time.

thenexttodie wrote:

Kindest regards,

James

Dragan Glas wrote:Anyone can be a failed joiner - as the study shows regarding overly-religious conservative people with a judgmental attitude towards others.

Remember, calling someone an atheist is like a Jew calling non-Jews "gentiles", Christians calling non-Christians "heathen", and Muslims calling non-Muslims "infidels" (literally "without faith"!).

"Atheists" have beliefs and or philosophies of life too - they just don't involve gods.

Although from your perspective I'm an atheist, from my perspective I'm a humanist, specifically a secular humanist.

Kindest regards,

James

What standards must you follow in order to be a secular humanist?
Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:15 pm

Greetings,

A reasonable overview of secular humanism is given by the Wiki article

Kindest regards,

James
The Age Of Reason
Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:58 pm

Kindest regards,

James

Sorry, I am not talking to wiki. I am talking to you.

Are you not able to answer this in your own words?
Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:56 pm

Greetings,

thenexttodie wrote:

Kindest regards,

James

Sorry, I am not talking to wiki. I am talking to you.

Are you not able to answer this in your own words?

The philosophy or life stance of secular humanism (alternatively known by some adherents as Humanism, specifically with a capital H to distinguish it from other forms of humanism) embraces human reason, ethics, social justice, and philosophical naturalism while specifically rejecting religious dogma, supernaturalism, pseudoscience, and superstition as the bases of morality and decision making.[1][2][3][4]

Secular humanism posits that human beings are capable of being ethical and moral without religion or a god. It does not, however, assume that humans are either inherently evil or innately good, nor does it present humans as being superior to nature. Rather, the humanist life stance emphasizes the unique responsibility facing humanity and the ethical consequences of human decisions. Fundamental to the concept of secular humanism is the strongly held viewpoint that ideology—be it religious or political—must be thoroughly examined by each individual and not simply accepted or rejected on faith. Along with this, an essential part of secular humanism is a continually adapting search for truth, primarily through science and philosophy. Many Humanists derive their moral codes from a philosophy of utilitarianism, ethical naturalism, or evolutionary ethics, and some, such as Sam Harris, advocate a science of morality.

Kindest regards,

James
The Age Of Reason
Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:24 pm

Dragan Glas wrote:The philosophy or life stance of secular humanism (alternatively known by some adherents as Humanism, specifically with a capital H to distinguish it from other forms of humanism) embraces human reason, ethics, social justice, and philosophical naturalism while specifically rejecting religious dogma, supernaturalism, pseudoscience, and superstition as the bases of morality and decision making.[1][2][3][4]

Funny. Can you even give an example of secular humanistic effort?
Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:52 pm
PreviousNext
 [ 65 posts ] 
Return to Politics & Law