Page 4 of 4

Re: America. Not the land of the free nor home of the brave.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:53 pm
by Dragan Glas
Greetings,

thenexttodie wrote:
Dragan Glas wrote:The philosophy or life stance of secular humanism (alternatively known by some adherents as Humanism, specifically with a capital H to distinguish it from other forms of humanism) embraces human reason, ethics, social justice, and philosophical naturalism while specifically rejecting religious dogma, supernaturalism, pseudoscience, and superstition as the bases of morality and decision making.[1][2][3][4]



Funny. Can you even give an example of secular humanistic effort?

Not sure what you mean by that.

Kindest regards,

James

Re: America. Not the land of the free nor home of the brave.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:09 pm
by thenexttodie
[/quote]

Funny. Can you even give an example of secular humanistic effort?[/quote]
Dragan Glas wrote:Not sure what you mean by that.

Kindest regards,

James


Nevermind.

Re: America. Not the land of the free nor home of the brave.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:19 pm
by Nesslig20
thenexttodie wrote:
Funny. Can you even give an example of secular humanistic effort?
Dragan Glas wrote:Not sure what you mean by that.

Kindest regards,

James


Nevermind.


https://humanism.org.uk/humanism/humani ... charities/
https://americanhumanist.org/press-rele ... s-of-colo/

Re: America. Not the land of the free nor home of the brave.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:02 pm
by thenexttodie
Nesslig20 wrote:


https://humanism.org.uk/humanism/humani ... charities/
https://americanhumanist.org/press-rele ... s-of-colo/


I see, so a humanist is generally someone who fights against Christianity. Gee, I never would have imagined that.

Re: America. Not the land of the free nor home of the brave.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 4:54 am
by Grumpy Santa
thenexttodie wrote:
Nesslig20 wrote:


https://humanism.org.uk/humanism/humani ... charities/
https://americanhumanist.org/press-rele ... s-of-colo/


I see, so a humanist is generally someone who fights against Christianity. Gee, I never would have imagined that.


Only when Christians try to push non-humanistic values as law instead of keeping them to their cult.

Re: America. Not the land of the free nor home of the brave.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:01 am
by Sparhafoc
Nesslig20 wrote:Now before any American starts to criticize the title, read this first.


Tree wrote:Another America bashing post on the Internet


:lol:

Remember, you're not allowed to criticize the right-wing snowflakes' policy choices because that's racist! :D

Re: America. Not the land of the free nor home of the brave.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:10 pm
by thenexttodie
Sparhafoc wrote:
Remember, you're not allowed to criticize the right-wing snowflakes' policy choices because that's racist! :D


If the US is so horrible, wouldnt yours and Nessligs time be better spent discourging the idea of people living there?

Re: America. Not the land of the free nor home of the brave.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:29 pm
by Sparhafoc
thenexttodie wrote:
Sparhafoc wrote:
Remember, you're not allowed to criticize the right-wing snowflakes' policy choices because that's racist! :D


If the US is so horrible, wouldnt yours and Nessligs time be better spent discourging the idea of people living there?


Is the US so horrible, toadie?

Why don't you tell us what you think instead of pretending you can tell us what we think?

Re: America. Not the land of the free nor home of the brave.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:51 pm
by thenexttodie
Sparhafoc wrote:
Is the US so horrible, toadie?

Why don't you tell us what you think instead of pretending you can tell us what we think?


Ok Sparhafoc, I will tell you what I really think.

I want every person in the the world who is willing to work and who is not a criminal to be able to easily immigrate to the US. Every refugee who wants to work and has been properly vetted goes straight to the US and not to some country in western europe. Countries like the UK or Germany are such a sad place for hard working immigrants to live.

Re: America. Not the land of the free nor home of the brave.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:29 pm
by Sparhafoc
thenexttodie wrote:Countries like the UK or Germany are such a sad place for hard working immigrants to live.


Forget immigrants, they're sad for hard working plain old people. ;)

Re: America. Not the land of the free nor home of the brave.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:34 pm
by thenexttodie
Sparhafoc wrote:
Forget immigrants, they're sad for hard working plain old people. ;)

WTF?

Re: America. Not the land of the free nor home of the brave.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:41 pm
by Prolescum
I believe Sparhafoc is using deprecating humour. It's the only real bind between British cultures.

Re: America. Not the land of the free nor home of the brave.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:46 pm
by Sparhafoc
Sorry, maybe a tad too dry?