Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

General Election 2017

[ 25 posts ] 
General Election 2017
LaurensSocial EditorUser avatarPosts: 2948Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:24 pmLocation: Norwich UK Gender: Male

Post Re: General Election 2017

Dragan Glas wrote:Greetings,

The UK could do something similar to what Ireland did with the Lisbon Treaty vote: when the first one returned a No - much to the shock of the government - they had a second referendum, which got the Yes vote. ;)

Perhaps Labour, assuming they got in, could have a second referendum to give a more informed electorate the chance to get the right vote...!?

Kindest regards,

James

I don't think they've ruled out another referendum but their manefesto appears to accept that Brexit is happening.

That reflects the mood of the country generally. Most remainers have accepted it's going to happen and just want them to get on with it.

The Lib Dems who are pro remain aren't really polling that well.
Like the League of Reason on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

Shameless Self-Promotion
Listen to my music on Soundcloud
Like my music page on Facebook
Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:39 pm
LaurensSocial EditorUser avatarPosts: 2948Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:24 pmLocation: Norwich UK Gender: Male

Wow. What a conflicted weird result.

Tories won but totally fucking lost

Labour lost but fucking won epic style

We have a coalition of chaos propped up by Irish terrorist sympathisers who are about as moderate as the westborough baptist church.

Good news is Blair is fucking dead as a doorknob. The youth vote cannot be ignored in the next election. May is fucked.

I'm totally sleep deprived and utterly drunk. I feel good but not good, watching the Tories implode is delicious.
Follow us on Twitter

Shameless Self-Promotion
Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:48 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 4998Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Best part of it for me was imagining Peter Mandelson's face when he saw the exit poll.
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:24 pm

Prolescum wrote:Best part of it for me was imagining Peter Mandelson's face when he saw the exit poll.

Owen Smith eating humble pie gave me a buzz.

If he went into this election God knows what might have happened.

EDIT corrected Owen Jones to Owen Smith... Too many Owens
Follow us on Twitter

Shameless Self-Promotion
Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:42 pm

More than 1 Owen is too many
Follow us on Twitter

Shameless Self-Promotion
Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:49 pm
Previous
 [ 25 posts ] 
Return to Politics & Law