Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

ominous email from youtube

[ 3 posts ] 
ominous email from youtube
Vidar33Posts: 8Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:37 pm

Post ominous email from youtube

I've mirrored donexodus's video on Casey Luskin's butchering of science on Fox News ( mirror here for those who are intersted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=copwOwuJLWc ). In response to that I received an email from youtube with the comment that this video may contain something that Fox News has the copyright to, but that I don't need to take any action, and a link to a unhelpful page on youtube. There's no mention of any trouble that I could get into, and nothing that explains what I should do once I do get into trouble. Can I safely ignore this email?
Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:15 pm
SchrodingersFinchLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 275Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:25 pmLocation: Finland Gender: Male

Post Re: ominous email from youtube

I'm pretty sure the video clip falls under fair use, so although Fox News does own the copyright to it you're doing nothing illegal.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt."
- Richard P. Feynman
Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:44 pm
gwr3440Posts: 17Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:50 pm

Post Re: ominous email from youtube

SchrodingersFinch wrote:I'm pretty sure the video clip falls under fair use, so although Fox News does own the copyright to it you're doing nothing illegal.

Of course it does - it's commentary.

But perhaps they did this because they made themselves look even more stupid than normally?
Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:21 pm
 [ 3 posts ] 
Return to Fighting Censorship