Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Coughlan666 Perma Banned?

[ 17 posts ] 
Coughlan666 Perma Banned?
CosmicSporkLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 929Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:36 pmLocation: UK Gender: Cake

Post Coughlan666 Perma Banned?

For this?? I'm not much of a Coughlan fan to be honest but I actually liked this video and it certainly didn't deserve to have his account killed.

Obviously false flagging!
“Nothing is as frustrating as arguing with someone who knows what he's talking about.” - Sam Ewing
Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:07 am
NautyskinPosts: 252Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:29 am Gender: Tree

Post Re: Coughlan666 Perma Banned?

When was that video originally posted? The DMCA is obviously by someone who was pissed about the "Proof That Atheism Is True" video (which mocks Rich Allen - it was bloody brilliant I thought) They obviously decided to search through the annals to find some dirt on Richard.

I wonder what rule they're claiming the video breached.
Religion: Giving people hope in a world torn apart by religion.
Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:11 am

The real reason Coughlan666 was DMCA'ed:

Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:39 am
TheFlyingBastardUser avatarPosts: 787Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:17 am Gender: Male

I love coughlan so much. Hope hes going to get the channel back up again.
He's so very british, and some people just can't handle that.
Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:37 pm
CosmicSporkLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 929Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:36 pmLocation: UK Gender: Cake

Nautyskin wrote:The real reason Coughlan666 was DMCA'ed:

I stand corrected :)
“Nothing is as frustrating as arguing with someone who knows what he's talking about.” - Sam Ewing
Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:38 pm
masterjedijaredUser avatarPosts: 154Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:34 pmLocation: Cleveland, Ohio Gender: Male

Either way, does either video really warrant his perma-ban?
Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:08 pm
TylzenUser avatarPosts: 156Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:58 pmLocation: Denmark Gender: Cake

He can still contest it.
My account has been perm.banned twice, and it is still up and running.
Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:52 pm
lrkunUser avatarPosts: 3831Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:37 pmLocation: R. Gender: Tree

... I've always enjoyed his videos, especially about the atheist poem. Hope it returns.

I've decided to mirror the video. ^-^
Unsupport unthink.
Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:52 pm

masterjedijared wrote:Either way, does either video really warrant his perma-ban?

The perma wouldn't be just for this obviously. I think he might have two 'strikes' already. This is a really poor attempt at a third strike. I'd be astonished if it held.
Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:08 am
LordCustos3Posts: 62Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:42 pmLocation: R'lYeh, City of Pillars Gender: Cake

Post Well....just in case his permaban truly is permanent....

Well....just in case his permaban truly is permanent....
If any of you have any mirrored/backup copies of his any of his old vids, dust 'em off and send them to The Dick, so he can rebuild.
Live Faust, Die Jung, Leave it to Beaver.
Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:25 am
ShaedysUser avatarPosts: 343Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:15 pm Gender: Cake

Post Re: Well....just in case his permaban truly is permanent....

LordCustos3 wrote:Well....just in case his permaban truly is permanent....
If any of you have any mirrored/backup copies of his any of his old vids, dust 'em off and send them to The Dick, so he can rebuild.

Someone already did that.
http://www.youtube.com/user/CoughlanArchive
Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:42 am

CosmicSpork wrote:
Nautyskin wrote:The real reason Coughlan666 was DMCA'ed:

I stand corrected :)

My theory, anyway ;)
Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:50 am
LallapalalableUser avatarPosts: 1205Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:35 pmLocation: That place between childhood and adulthood Gender: Male

There was a mighty quick response to this; I saw a mirror in my subs and ALL of the related vids were mirrors. Personally not a huge fan, but I loved his response to the guy claiming to reanimate the dead african woman. Hope he bounces back!
"I'm not stupid, I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." Watterson
Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:55 pm
MillenniumUser avatarPosts: 21Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:23 am Gender: Male

I'v never really watched that many, but doesn't he have the alt, Coughlan616?
Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:41 am
AndiferousUser avatarPosts: 2727Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:00 amLocation: Laputa Gender: Time Lord

I am very behind on my youtube videos (and occasionally, on my threads ;) ) I might have to watch some of these again, but I don't find him offensive. I think his satire is brilliant, and I rather like his style in what I've seen. (He doesn't preach, but seems to make crazy statements to cause you to think). You might get a feel for what he believes, but so far, I don't think he's really said it directly.

I think that sort of approach can be misinterpreted, though...

Why I'll have to look again tomorrow. ;)
"As there seemed no measure between what Watt could understand, and what he could not, so there seemed none between what he deemed certain, and what he deemed doubtful."
~ Samuel Beckett, Watt
Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:53 am
lrkunUser avatarPosts: 3831Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:37 pmLocation: R. Gender: Tree

Andiferous wrote:I am very behind on my youtube videos (and occasionally, on my threads ;) ) I might have to watch some of these again, but I don't find him offensive. I think his satire is brilliant, and I rather like his style in what I've seen. (He doesn't preach, but seems to make crazy statements to cause you to think). You might get a feel for what he believes, but so far, I don't think he's really said it directly.

I think that sort of approach can be misinterpreted, though...

Why I'll have to look again tomorrow. ;)

He's using his alternative channel as of now. He's one of my favorite youtube personas, along with TF, philhelenes, and naturalistic2(favorite).
Unsupport unthink.
Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:55 pm
TheFlyingBastardUser avatarPosts: 787Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:17 am Gender: Male

Gasp! Andiferous, for shame! A moderator necroposting! Tsk tsk!
Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:39 pm
 [ 17 posts ] 
Return to Fighting Censorship