Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Where did Casewithscience go

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 14 posts ] 
Where did Casewithscience go
Author Message
Master_Ghost_KnightContributorUser avatarPosts: 2630Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:57 pmLocation: Netherlands Gender: Male

Post Where did Casewithscience go


I never taught that his freedom of speech would have been taken away in his own country, and then they aparently hanged the guy by releasing personal information like that when he was supoused to be an anonimouse person on the internet.

If anyone can get in contact with him to chck on his status, probably we can flex our comunity muscle into a pettetion to get hi out of trouble, we ow him that much.
"I have an irrefutable argument for the existence of...." NO, STOP! You are already wrong!
Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:18 pm
lrkunUser avatarPosts: 3831Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:37 pmLocation: R. Gender: Tree

Post Re: Where did Casewithscience go

I am one of his subscribers. I always loved his videos. I respect the way he presented his cases. However, I am also sure that he knows the possible consequences for his acts. That is reality. One can do anything, however, there are consequences.
Unsupport unthink.
Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:25 pm
Master_Ghost_KnightContributorUser avatarPosts: 2630Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:57 pmLocation: Netherlands Gender: Male

Post Re: Where did Casewithscience go

I think it is completly bullshit that he had to lose his job just because of Religious people have to medle in what other people do in their private life.
"I have an irrefutable argument for the existence of...." NO, STOP! You are already wrong!
Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:29 pm
MRaverzPosts: 1838Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:00 am Gender: Pinecone

Post Re: Where did Casewithscience go

I feel that they've slandered Case's image with this report, labelling as an attention-seeking looking to merely offend people.

Such a view is, in my opinion, ignorant of the video's message and essentially quite a childish view to hold.
Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:31 pm
lrkunUser avatarPosts: 3831Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:37 pmLocation: R. Gender: Tree

Post Re: Where did Casewithscience go

Master_Ghost_Knight wrote:I think it is completly bullshit that he had to lose his job just because of Religious people have to medle in what other people do in their private life.


Doing an act in your own home without someone watching is private. In contrast, doing such, video taping it, and putting it on the net for all the people to see is another thing entirely.

Like in another thread in which a similar topic is being discussed. There are point of views that one must consider, they are the following, but not limited to such alone: (1) Casewithscience; (2) target; and (3) third party.

Consequently, if you don't want to be criticized, don't post a video on the net. If you do so, be ready, because it will be scrutinized, and at the most extreme cases, has corresponding consequences.
Unsupport unthink.
Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:38 pm
lrkunUser avatarPosts: 3831Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:37 pmLocation: R. Gender: Tree

Post Re: Where did Casewithscience go

MRaverz wrote:I feel that they've slandered Case's image with this report, labelling as an attention-seeking looking to merely offend people.

Such a view is, in my opinion, ignorant of the video's message and essentially quite a childish view to hold.


I agree. They are focusing mainly on the points of view of the two religions. They fail to show casewithscience's intention, which is also of equal importance. The problem is, the video itself, if you look at it, gives the impression that Casewithscience looks enlightened. Hehe. If all goes well, he'll get through this fine.

Acts have consequences. If not by god's hands, well, in the hands of man.
Unsupport unthink.
Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:43 pm
Master_Ghost_KnightContributorUser avatarPosts: 2630Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:57 pmLocation: Netherlands Gender: Male

Post Re: Where did Casewithscience go

lrkun wrote:Doing an act in your own home without someone watching is private. In contrast, doing such, video taping it, and putting it on the net for all the people to see is another thing entirely.

Like in another thread in which a similar topic is being discussed. There are point of views that one must consider, they are the following, but not limited to such alone: (1) Casewithscience; (2) target; and (3) third party.

Consequently, if you don't want to be criticized, don't post a video on the net. If you do so, be ready, because it will be scrutinized, and at the most extreme cases, has corresponding consequences.


Are you saying that you can't seriously make a distinction between criticizing him and fucking his life?
And it is his private life even if he videotaped himself and made it public, you don't have the right to say what he can or can not do, would you make the same argument if a gay couple videotaped themselves kissing eachother and posted on the internet? Would that then be ok for their boss to say, hey you are fiered because someone is offended for you being gay. I don't see how you could possibly think that would hold any water.
"I have an irrefutable argument for the existence of...." NO, STOP! You are already wrong!
Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:45 pm
lrkunUser avatarPosts: 3831Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:37 pmLocation: R. Gender: Tree

Post Re: Where did Casewithscience go

Master_Ghost_Knight wrote:
lrkun wrote:Doing an act in your own home without someone watching is private. In contrast, doing such, video taping it, and putting it on the net for all the people to see is another thing entirely.

Like in another thread in which a similar topic is being discussed. There are point of views that one must consider, they are the following, but not limited to such alone: (1) Casewithscience; (2) target; and (3) third party.

Consequently, if you don't want to be criticized, don't post a video on the net. If you do so, be ready, because it will be scrutinized, and at the most extreme cases, has corresponding consequences.


You are saying that you can't seriously make a distinction between criticizing and fuck is life?
And it is his private life even if he videotaped himself and made it public, you don't have the right to say what he can or can not do, would you make the same argument if a gay couple videotaped themselves kissing eachother and posted on the internet? Would that then be ok for their boss to say, hey you are fiered because someone is offended for you being gay. I don't see how you could possibly think that would hold any water.


I'm confused why you can't make a distinction between that which is private and that which is public. The former - no one sees it but you, the later is seen by others. Actions have consequences. Sometimes you can get away with it, sometimes you can't. Also, this is not about a gay couple kissing each other. This is about a video where a person smokes from either of the two holy books, which to some, is considered holy.

No matter how much I dislike both religions, there is a better way to get the ideas across. Case just chose the wrong way to do it.

An example of a right way to do it, is to do an actual experiment with respect to a bible claim or a koran claim. Experiment on the effectiveness of prayer. Does it work?
Unsupport unthink.
Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:55 pm
Master_Ghost_KnightContributorUser avatarPosts: 2630Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:57 pmLocation: Netherlands Gender: Male

Post Re: Where did Casewithscience go

lrkun wrote:I'm confused why you can't make a distinction between that which is private and that which is public.

A public matter would be if other peple other than him were involved, and that is if the person is not a consenting and responsible adult and not enganging in wrecless behavior.
He could have fucking put a sex tapeon the internet. IT IS NOT OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS WHAT THE FUCK HE DOES!!!!

lrkun wrote:The former - no one sees it but you, the later is seen by others. Actions have consequences. Sometimes you can get away with it, sometimes you can't. Also, this is not about a gay couple kissing each other. This is about a video where a person smokes from either of the two holy books, which to some, is considered holy.

How is that any different? Well then, those other people where for racial equality, those gay person are about imoral acts against God which to many people is considered holy.
It is his damn book and gets to do whatever he wants with it.

lrkun wrote:No matter how much I dislike both religions, there is a better way to get the ideas across. Case just chose the wrong way to do it.

An example of a right way to do it, is to do an actual experiment with respect to a bible claim or a koran claim. Experiment on the effectiveness of prayer. Does it work?

I don't care if it was a bad idea or a bad idea, the consequences are unfair.

Yeah there are consequences to actions, but do you think that it was fair?
"I have an irrefutable argument for the existence of...." NO, STOP! You are already wrong!
Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:15 pm
lrkunUser avatarPosts: 3831Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:37 pmLocation: R. Gender: Tree

Post Re: Where did Casewithscience go

Master_Ghost_Knight wrote:
lrkun wrote:I'm confused why you can't make a distinction between that which is private and that which is public.

A public matter would be if other peple other than him were involved, and that is if the person is not a consenting and responsible adult and not enganging in wrecless behavior.
He could have fucking put a sex tapeon the internet. IT IS NOT OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS WHAT THE FUCK HE DOES!!!!


He did not put a sex tape on the internet. Focus on the topic. It is a video about smoking a page from either books. The problem is, he uploaded it for all to see. I criticize his actions like I am now criticizing your opinion. It is also important to note that other people are affected by his actions. Some christians are hurt, some muslims are hurt, and likewise Casewithscience hurt his own career.

Actions have consequences. That's why it is important to think about it.
Unsupport unthink.
Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:23 pm
lrkunUser avatarPosts: 3831Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:37 pmLocation: R. Gender: Tree

Post Re: Where did Casewithscience go

Master_Ghost_Knight wrote:
lrkun wrote:The former - no one sees it but you, the later is seen by others. Actions have consequences. Sometimes you can get away with it, sometimes you can't. Also, this is not about a gay couple kissing each other. This is about a video where a person smokes from either of the two holy books, which to some, is considered holy.

How is that any different? Well then, those other people where for racial equality, those gay person are about imoral acts against God which to many people is considered holy.
It is his damn book and gets to do whatever he wants with it.

It is his own book. The problem here is that he uploaded the video. Again, if you uploaded a video for the public to see, it will be criticized.
Unsupport unthink.
Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:26 pm
lrkunUser avatarPosts: 3831Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:37 pmLocation: R. Gender: Tree

Post Re: Where did Casewithscience go

Master_Ghost_Knight wrote:
lrkun wrote:No matter how much I dislike both religions, there is a better way to get the ideas across. Case just chose the wrong way to do it.

An example of a right way to do it, is to do an actual experiment with respect to a bible claim or a koran claim. Experiment on the effectiveness of prayer. Does it work?

I don't care if it was a bad idea or a bad idea, the consequences are unfair.

Yeah there are consequences to actions, but do you think that it was fair?

You don't care. Well, I do. Because it can influence his subscribers.

The consequences does not depend on what I think is fair. There are many factors to consider. And life, after all, is not fair. That is why it is very important to think.
Unsupport unthink.
Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:30 pm
Master_Ghost_KnightContributorUser avatarPosts: 2630Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:57 pmLocation: Netherlands Gender: Male

Post Re: Where did Casewithscience go

If you don't care that a fellow human is being treated unjustly, then you can simply fuck of.
"I have an irrefutable argument for the existence of...." NO, STOP! You are already wrong!
Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:33 pm
lrkunUser avatarPosts: 3831Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:37 pmLocation: R. Gender: Tree

Post Re: Where did Casewithscience go

Master_Ghost_Knight wrote:If you don't care that a fellow human is being treated unjustly, then you can simply fuck of.


You are assuming I don't care. However to quote myself.

lrkun wrote:You don't care. Well, I do. Because it can influence his subscribers.

The consequences does not depend on what I think is fair. There are many factors to consider. And life, after all, is not fair. That is why it is very important to think.


The question whether he is being treated justly is not for us to decide. That is the realm of the courts of law.

I will not report you for being offensive. But please, learn to control your emotion and your language.
Unsupport unthink.
Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:36 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 14 posts ] 
Return to Fighting Censorship

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests