Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

and what do you know, DPR suspended yet again

[ 7 posts ] 
and what do you know, DPR suspended yet again
Atomicnumber86Posts: 126Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:18 pmLocation: Spørring, Denmark Gender: Cake

Post and what do you know, DPR suspended yet again

well dprjones has been suspended yet again. For no reason.

my quick video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgiJNtruc_0
- I am still hungry.. no, not for knowledge. Well also for knowledge, but mostly cake.
http://www.youtube.com/user/atomicnumber86
Wed May 20, 2009 10:10 am
RhyszHappy CamperUser avatarPosts: 93Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:04 pm

Post The DPR suspension!

aye
BTWDL (Behead Those Who Don't Laugh)

Mateable, not dateable

The High Potentate of the Holy Church of Pantyism, The LoR board's first religion dedicated to the worship of the female form!
Wed May 20, 2009 11:25 am
gwr3440Posts: 17Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:50 pm

Post Re: and what do you know, DPR suspended yet again

Atomicnumber86 wrote:well dprjones has been suspended yet again. For no reason.

my quick video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgiJNtruc_0

We know why. Because youtub'e "self regulation" by its user community allows unethical and dishonest users for whom anything goes, to silence people who stand up to them.

DPRJ is particularly hated by a section of the user community for outing VFX's recent illegal activities.

The "offending" video was a response to one of his supporrters. Which says it all.

Youtube don't even bother to check videos complain about before banning users.

They're a sick joke.

Alternatives like Filmrookie don't have the audience youtube does, so the audience the videos are meant for, won't see them.
Wed May 20, 2009 3:16 pm
prodigyat9User avatarPosts: 2Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:18 am

I posted this on yt also:

It says you (dpr) will not be allowed to create another you tube account which seems to be an indication that youtube can tell WHO you are. Now if that assertion was true, why can't youtube use that same technology to STOP VOTE BOTS?!

Of course it could be an idle youtube threat but youtube wouldn't lie.

edit:

If you youtube doesn't vet complaints with the light of fairness and reason, the bullies win. Simple.
Wed May 20, 2009 4:00 pm
GoodKatUser avatarPosts: 776Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:07 pmLocation: Hell (South Carolina)

gwr3440 wrote:Alternatives like Filmrookie don't have the audience youtube does, so the audience the videos are meant for, won't see them.

It will if we all move there.
My discussions are a search for truth, and for that search to be honest, all parties involved must be open to the prospect of being wrong.
What is there to gain in guessing about that which cannot be known?
Wed May 20, 2009 10:44 pm
SkrotingPosts: 2Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 5:04 pm

Is it just me, or is FilmRookie not quite 'up there' with Youtube when it comes to the technical bit? For one thing, it's really annoying having to log in each time I visit the site. There doesn't seem to be a "Remember me" option, so the cookies expire when you close the browser. The lack of subscriptions is a much bigger minus. All in all it seems like the site has a long way to go with development.

The potential is still great as long as they don't include the you're-banned-because-someone-doesn't-like-your-video-and-we-just-take-their-word-for-it-because-we-don't-bother-to-check-routine.
Thu May 21, 2009 5:35 pm
OtokogoroshiUser avatarPosts: 400Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:03 amLocation: Phoenix, Arizona USA

I don't think we should give up. If we do then... I don't want to use dumb rhetoric but doesn't that mean they win? Sure the primary reason they are able to pull off this shit is because of youtube's failing but it is such a big thing and such a big draw we all but have to deal with their broken system... and try to fix it.

God I wish my AC wasn't broken T_T Arizona summers are not kind.
Tout homme sensé, tout homme de bien, doit avoir la secte chrétienne en horreur.

Every sensible man, every honorable man, must hold the Christian sect in horror.
-Voltaire
Thu May 21, 2009 6:07 pm
 [ 7 posts ] 
Return to Fighting Censorship