Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

What's your favourite cheese?

[ 41 posts ] 
What's your favourite cheese?
australopithecusLime TordUser avatarPosts: 4347Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: What's your favourite cheese?

The only thing I have problems with is pizza, but most pizza places will do them without cheese, so most of the time it's ok.
Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:12 pm
aMarshallUser avatarPosts: 15Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:13 pm

I like Wensleydale with cranberries, and Dubliner.
Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:17 pm
InfernoContributorUser avatarPosts: 2298Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:36 pmLocation: Vienna, Austria Gender: Cake

australopithecus wrote:The only thing I have problems with is pizza, but most pizza places will do them without cheese, so most of the time it's ok.

Wait, Pizza without cheese? What is WRONG with you?
"Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed." ― Friedrich Nietzsche

"I shall achieve my objectives through the power... of Science!" --LessWrong
Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:59 pm
australopithecusLime TordUser avatarPosts: 4347Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

What's wrong with your face?

BURN!
Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:08 pm
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3491Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

australopithecus wrote:What's wrong with your face?

BURN!

:lol: Snap.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:22 pm
YIM WWW
NemesiahPosts: 429Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 8:00 amLocation: Mexico Gender: Male

I endorse the cheesless pizza (cheeseless everything really)
Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:28 pm
malicious_blokeUser avatarPosts: 305Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:12 pmLocation: Proper Westcountry Gender: Male

We're on the second page and no stultifyingly unoriginal soul has posted this yet:

There, 'tis done. Thread is concluded etc.
[sarcasm ][/sarcasm ]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it
Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:24 pm
InfernoContributorUser avatarPosts: 2298Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:36 pmLocation: Vienna, Austria Gender: Cake

;)
"Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed." ― Friedrich Nietzsche

"I shall achieve my objectives through the power... of Science!" --LessWrong
Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:36 pm

I've half a mind to censor this thread with censorship.
Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 pm
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2684Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

australopithecus wrote:I've half a mind to censor this thread with censorship.

Or with cheese?
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215

The horse is a ferocious predator.
Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:14 am
EngelbertPosts: 290Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:03 am Gender: Male

Melted Cheese. That's the only way it's right. :D

other forms of cheese are ... too cheesy. Hot melted cheese, or no cheese please.
Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:45 pm
Your Funny UncleUser avatarPosts: 556Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 11:38 amLocation: UK Gender: Male

Australopithecus... I used to think you were a decent chap, but now... I... I just...

Anyway, favourite cheese? That's really tough, actually. I do like a strong Stilton or a ripe Brie, but equally I love a mild goat's cheese... Most cheeses have their place. (And no, Austra that place is not the/bin/hell/somewhere I can't get to them.)
“I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse.” - Isaac Asimov
Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:57 pm

Your Funny Uncle wrote:Most cheeses have their place. (And no, Austra that place is not the/bin/hell/somewhere I can't get to them.)

Lies!
Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:02 pm
LaurensSocial EditorUser avatarPosts: 2995Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:24 pmLocation: Norwich UK Gender: Male

Applewood smoked cheddar is pretty nice
Like the League of Reason on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

Shameless Self-Promotion
Listen to my music on Soundcloud
Like my music page on Facebook
Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:29 pm
EngelbertPosts: 290Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:03 am Gender: Male

A relevant and informative discussion here I thought...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw0KbGi4gH8

Whilst I would be anyone's for a hot cheese toastie, :) rather like Australopithecus, the appeal of cold cheese to me is close to that of a portion of pedigree chum. I love hot cheese but not cold cheese. How does that work? :?

ps. to Australopithecus - I think what they say about parmesan in this clip says it all...

pps. How can you order pizza without cheese? It's like ordering a hot dog without a sausage...
Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:22 am
VisakiUser avatarPosts: 812Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:26 pmLocation: Helsinki, Finland Gender: Male

I, usually, like cheese as long as it is with something. Cheddar with a hamburger, mozzarella on a pizza, parmezan with pasta, halloumi with a chicken salad, Edam with a sandwitch.

What I don't like is moldy food, including cheeses. That's a bit like eating fermented herrings like those not-in-a-good-way insane Swedes. You know the type, "What is for dinner? I know, lets eat all that spoiled food and call it a delicasy!"
Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:37 am
VivreUser avatarPosts: 351Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:05 pmLocation: dungeon of despair Gender: Female

Visaki wrote:What I don't like is moldy food, including cheeses.

Sorry, I need to ask. What is "moldy food"?
I only know of cheese being processecd by certain funguses to be safe to relish. All the other mouldy nourishment is usually occupied by aflatoxins and shouldn't be eaten.

Another question that came up is, would you call ale or beer spoiled cereals?
Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:33 am
VisakiUser avatarPosts: 812Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:26 pmLocation: Helsinki, Finland Gender: Male

I suppose I mean, apart from the moldy bread, vegetables and other thing that you'll find in your kitchen if you're too lazy, cheeses like brie, aura, rocheford (spelling that completely wrong I'm sure) and other brands that are called "homejuusto", literally "mold cheese", here in Finland. I know they are safe for consumption (at least these days), but I still ask my family, who all love brie for some reason, wouldn't it be cheaper just to let the bread grow mold and eat regular cheese with it? After all it would have the same combination of cheese, bread and mold :D

The beer question is a good one, but more relevant for me, since I don't drink beer, would be if I considered wine or cider spoiled juice. I suppose technicly that'd be correct. After all I did mention the Swedish fermented herring as an example of spoiled food. But I reserve myself the right to be illogical and doublestandarding in the matter of food and drink. After all we all need one topic we can hang our brains out to air.
Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:59 am
VivreUser avatarPosts: 351Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:05 pmLocation: dungeon of despair Gender: Female

Thanks ~ that clears it for me :)

Visaki wrote: wouldn't it be cheaper just to let the bread grow mold and eat regular cheese with it? After all it would have the same combination of cheese, bread and mold :D

:lol:
~ pretty sufficient strategy to become the last one of your tribe :mrgreen:

Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:03 pm
borrofburiModeratorPosts: 3527Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:27 pm Gender: Male

Visaki wrote:I, usually, like cheese as long as it is with something.
Brie with a cracker?

Inferno wrote:Sweet dreams are made of cheese
Hah, I quite liked that.
Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:25 pm
PreviousNext
 [ 41 posts ] 
Return to General Discussion