Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

First Line Game

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 2
 [ 21 posts ] 
First Line Game
Author Message
EngelbertPosts: 290Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:03 am Gender: Male

Post First Line Game

The first line of the song is given.

Name the artist and the song and you can write the first line of the next song.
If you're wrong, then you don't get to of course....


The answer can be googled, but I would give more respect to those who can answer without the online internet guru!!! Good Luck!!

:D


The Mississippi Delta was shining like a national Guitarrrr
Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:41 am
VivreUser avatarPosts: 351Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:05 pmLocation: dungeon of despair Gender: Female

Post Re: First Line Game

The Mississippi Delta was shining like a national Guitarrrr
While the captain puked hence the railing, to thwart a scenery so bizarre

Title and author can be found in Vain

Thanks for your preemptive disrespect 8-)
Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:37 pm
WWW
EngelbertPosts: 290Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:03 am Gender: Male

Post Re: First Line Game

Vivre wrote:
The Mississippi Delta was shining like a national Guitarrrr
While the captain puked hence the railing, to thwart a scenery so bizarre

Title and author can be found in Vain

Thanks for your preemptive disrespect 8-)



:( There's no disrespect... 'twos just a joke...

I'm not sure if that's quite the next line of the song, but it does rhyme. :)
Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:07 pm
VivreUser avatarPosts: 351Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:05 pmLocation: dungeon of despair Gender: Female

Post Re: First Line Game

Engelbert wrote: :( There's no disrespect... 'twos just a joke...

ok, if you say so I'll take it as that and sorry that I couldn't catch it.

But allow me to tell you I find the rules much too strict as to expect it could work out into something light hearted and maybe funny.

I'm not even invited to join if I can't come up with the correct answer or I'd need your confirmation first to give my own challenge afterwards.

Next I learn I may use external sources but have to pay for it with a reduction of appreciation.
In stating 'more' it even approves that 'respect' is to be gained by playing this game in the first place. What??? - a hidden price of personal judgment instead of fun and cake. Who wants to buy into that? To me it's an absolut no-go. Still I looked for a way how to repond to it.

I'm not sure if that's quite the next line of the song, but it does rhyme. :)

How can you not be sure? How can you raise a quiz question without having the correct answer at hand?

Maybe I've just understood everything wrong, :?
but I can tell you that second line just came into existence today and I thought it was rather obvious.
Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:48 pm
WWW
EngelbertPosts: 290Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:03 am Gender: Male

Post Re: First Line Game

I think you may have misunderstood it a little. I wrote it last night after a couple of glasses of wine... so I may not have been completely clear. Doh.


I do know the answer btw, but I actually like what you did. I think you tried to make up the next line of the song... which might actually be a good game in itself. :)
Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:46 pm
NemesiahPosts: 429Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 8:00 amLocation: Mexico Gender: Male

Post Re: First Line Game

Ok

Guess the song:

First line goes like this:

9.95
Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:26 am
EngelbertPosts: 290Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:03 am Gender: Male

Post Re: First Line Game

oops.... I've no idea what the song is you mention.... afraid I had to cheat and google it... I think I can give a good answer, but even then I'm not sure....

Dolly Parton sings 9 2 5, ;) but that's about as close as I could come without checking it.
Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:28 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5007Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post Re: First Line Game

4 and 5 therefore 9, 9 and 9 therefore 18, 18 and 18 therefore 36, 4 and 5 therefore 9?

(4 out of 5 - Soul Coughing)
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:35 pm
EngelbertPosts: 290Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:03 am Gender: Male

Post Re: First Line Game

lol. That seems like a valiant effort too. In countdown I think you get points for coming close in the numbers round.... 9 2 5 is my effort. Soul coughing appears to have the right numbers in reverse.... Can we have a clue?

My googled effort would have to be Spunkadelic.... although the first line appears to be something else :? is that right?

...Good band name.
Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:27 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5007Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post Re: First Line Game

I'm not too hot with lyrics, and that's the only one that came to mind...
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:47 pm
VivreUser avatarPosts: 351Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:05 pmLocation: dungeon of despair Gender: Female

Post Re: First Line Game

9.95 __ wrote:Put your body in overdrive
9.95
With emotion you feel inside
9.95


good challenge Nemesiah ~ :)

here's mine: I'm so tired of playing :mrgreen:
Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:17 pm
WWW
NemesiahPosts: 429Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 8:00 amLocation: Mexico Gender: Male

Post Re: First Line Game

Engelbert wrote:lol. That seems like a valiant effort too. In countdown I think you get points for coming close in the numbers round.... 9 2 5 is my effort. Soul coughing appears to have the right numbers in reverse.... Can we have a clue?

My googled effort would have to be Spunkadelic.... although the first line appears to be something else :? is that right?

...Good band name.


That is the thing, the first line would be another one since, the "9.95" is not so much said but a special sound, but it is unmistakeably a "9.95" (Vivre put a link to it if you wish to hear it)

Here are the lyrics:

http://lyrics.wikia.com/Spunkadelic:9.95
Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:07 am
EngelbertPosts: 290Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:03 am Gender: Male

Post Re: First Line Game

Nemesiah wrote:
Engelbert wrote:lol. That seems like a valiant effort too. In countdown I think you get points for coming close in the numbers round.... 9 2 5 is my effort. Soul coughing appears to have the right numbers in reverse.... Can we have a clue?

My googled effort would have to be Spunkadelic.... although the first line appears to be something else :? is that right?

...Good band name.


That is the thing, the first line would be another one since, the "9.95" is not so much said but a special sound, but it is unmistakeably a "9.95" (Vivre put a link to it if you wish to hear it)

Here are the lyrics:

http://lyrics.wikia.com/Spunkadelic:9.95



lol. You're so right. it says 9.95 at the beginning. I only read the first line of the lyrics through google and it wasn't there. Is quite retro sounding. 8-)

....and it's from the Turtles film.

Nice one Nemesiah! :D
Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:14 am
EngelbertPosts: 290Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:03 am Gender: Male

Post Re: First Line Game

If anyone was considering mine I'll give a clue to who it was. I tried to go with something reasonably famous...

He used to sing with Art Garfunkel.
Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:34 am
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5007Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post Re: First Line Game

I think it's off Graceland, but I don't have it to hand so can't name it... :-(
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:34 am
EngelbertPosts: 290Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:03 am Gender: Male

Post Re: First Line Game

Prolescum wrote:I think it's off Graceland, but I don't have it to hand so can't name it... :-(



Lol... for seemingly being a tad unsure, you've managed to name both the album and the track!! :D

Nice Work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6fS_7Yp0hY
Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:01 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5007Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post Re: First Line Game

Ha! I thought that might be the case. Curse you, paranoia!

Okay, here's one:

"She eyes me like a pisces when I am weak"
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:44 pm
australopithecusLime TordUser avatarPosts: 4325Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: First Line Game

"I've been trapped inside your heart shaped box for weeks."
Image
Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:46 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5007Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post Re: First Line Game

Close enough, dawg. You win an abandoned blog (we can't do whole internets here).
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:00 pm
australopithecusLime TordUser avatarPosts: 4325Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: First Line Game

Sweet!

My turn:

"Must it take a life for hateful eyes, to glisten once again?".
Image
Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:19 pm
Next
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 2
 [ 21 posts ] 
Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests