Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Monday Morning Maddness - 12.08.2013

[ 4 posts ] 
Monday Morning Maddness - 12.08.2013
InfernoContributorUser avatarPosts: 2298Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:36 pmLocation: Vienna, Austria Gender: Cake

Post Monday Morning Maddness - 12.08.2013

Weekend links has been off for some time, so I'll try this again.

Stephen Colbert's Daft Punk disaster. In case you like Stephen Colbert dancing, watch this.

U.S. researchers have apparently found a vaccine against malaria. That's excellent news.

Here's a graphic comparing the U.S. science and defence (errr, war) budgets.

Here are some fun maps.

A 15 million year old whale fossil was discovered.

Would you believe it? Some plants used in alternative medicine can cause cancer!
"Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed." ― Friedrich Nietzsche

"I shall achieve my objectives through the power... of Science!" --LessWrong
Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:25 pm
WarKChat ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 1224Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:59 am Gender: Tree

Post Re: Monday Morning Maddness - 12.08.2013

I came across this vid on YT

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:24 pm
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3499Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Inferno wrote:Stephen Colbert's Daft Punk disaster. In case you like Stephen Colbert dancing, watch this.

I saw Daft Punk live a few years ago. Heard two of their songs and left because they were boring. I do not understand why they are so popular.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:32 pm
YIM WWW
The Frozen OneUser avatarPosts: 4Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:42 amLocation: The Great State of Confusion Gender: Male

I thought this was interesting. It's about the upcoming reversal of The Suns magnetic field.

Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:28 pm
 [ 4 posts ] 
Return to General Discussion