Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

The ‘biblical view’ that’s younger than the Happy Meal

[ 3 posts ] 
The ‘biblical view’ that’s younger than the Happy Meal
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 4998Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post The ‘biblical view’ that’s younger than the Happy Meal

Link-me-do

In 1979, McDonald’s introduced the Happy Meal.

Sometime after that, it was decided that the Bible teaches that human life begins at conception.

Really interesting article, thought I'd share it.

I'd love to read a book on the so-called conservatives in America and their constant state of utter bonker. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:49 pm
CollecemallPosts: 332Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:53 am

Post Re: The ‘biblical view’ that’s younger than the Happy Meal

Christianity IS NOT Great edited by John Loftus has a chapter about this topic written by Ronald A. Lindsay. It covers the church's changing positions and intrusion into medical care due to their views on the start and end of life. You might find it of interest. That whole series by Loftus is good reading.
"Every man is a creature of the age in which he lives, and few are able to raise themselves above the ideas of their time."
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ~~Voltaire
Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:58 am
Dragan GlasContributorUser avatarPosts: 2917Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:55 amLocation: Ireland Gender: Male

Post Re: The ‘biblical view’ that’s younger than the Happy Meal

Greetings,

Prolescum wrote:Link-me-do

In 1979, McDonald’s introduced the Happy Meal.

Sometime after that, it was decided that the Bible teaches that human life begins at conception.

Really interesting article, thought I'd share it.

I'd love to read a book on the so-called conservatives in America and their constant state of utter bonker. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Indeed, an interesting read.

As to your request, most of the available books tend to be diatribes by this or that pundit against the right- and/or left-wings in America - for example, Wingnuts: How the Lunatic Fringe is Hijacking America

I did find a book - Nut Country: Right-Wing Dallas and the Birth of the Southern Strategy - written by an historian, who puts forward his own ideas on the rise of right-wing conservatism in America.

Kindest regards,

James
"The Word of God is the Creation we behold and it is in this Word, which no human invention can counterfeit or alter, that God speaketh universally to man."
The Age Of Reason
Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:28 pm
 [ 3 posts ] 
Return to General Discussion