where else can you find us?

The League of Reason still has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Merriest of new years to you all!

[ 15 posts ] 
Merriest of new years to you all!
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 4980Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post Merriest of new years to you all!

May 2017 treat you all to those things you hope for, and give you the courage to fight for the things that wishing can't produce.

:D
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:22 am
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2441Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Post Re: Merriest of new years to you all!

Gnuggy new year to you as well!

But so... The bets are on: Will 2017 be better or worse than 2016?

I'm thinking... slightly better.

For one, we must have run out of stars to kill off, so I think people will experience fewer star deaths in 2017, and thus at least THINK that it's a better year, and so they'll complain and whine less about that.

That alone should make the year slightly better.
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215

The horse is a ferocious predator.
Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:04 am
Dragan GlasContributorUser avatarPosts: 2716Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:55 amLocation: Ireland Gender: Male

Greetings,

Prolescum wrote:May 2017 treat you all to those things you hope for, and give you the courage to fight for the things that wishing can't produce.

:D

So, we'll have to wait until May 2017 before you treat us all to the things we hope for!? :P

Happy New Year to all!

Kindest regards,

James
"The Word of God is the Creation we behold and it is in this Word, which no human invention can counterfeit or alter, that God speaketh universally to man."
The Age Of Reason
Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:58 am
ldmitrukUser avatarPosts: 217Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:47 pmLocation: Edmonton, Alberta Gender: Cake

Here's to a merry new year. It's off to a Merry start for myself as I landed a new job after being unemployed for 13 months.
Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:01 pm
AkamiaUser avatarPosts: 50Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:41 pmLocation: Alaska Gender: Time Lord

Hope 2017 turns out to be a good year. I'm honestly looking forward to it on the gaming side of things, with games such as Sonic Mania, Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment, and Marvel VS Capcom Infinite coming out, not to mention the Nintendo Switch. I think Project Scorpio is coming out as well, whatever that turns out to be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
The very thing that gives us humans our advanced cognitive abilities can also be our greatest weakness.
Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:47 am
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatar
Posts: 3097Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

2017 will start with Ruth Gator Ginsburg dying and get worse from there.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:53 am
YIM WWW
australopithecusAdministratorUser avatarPosts: 4232Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Merry Year.
Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:58 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 4980Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Akamia wrote:Hope 2017 turns out to be a good year. I'm honestly looking forward to it on the gaming side of things, with games such as Sonic Mania, Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment, and Marvel VS Capcom Infinite coming out, not to mention the Nintendo Switch. I think Project Scorpio is coming out as well, whatever that turns out to be.

I'm saving up for a Nintendo Switch to go with the eight other Nintendo machines on my wall. Speaking of walls, my missus painted these recently:

if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:04 am
AkamiaUser avatarPosts: 50Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:41 pmLocation: Alaska Gender: Time Lord

Post Merriest of new years to you all!

Prolescum wrote:
Akamia wrote:Hope 2017 turns out to be a good year. I'm honestly looking forward to it on the gaming side of things, with games such as Sonic Mania, Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment, and Marvel VS Capcom Infinite coming out, not to mention the Nintendo Switch. I think Project Scorpio is coming out as well, whatever that turns out to be.

I'm saving up for a Nintendo Switch to go with the eight other Nintendo machines on my wall. Speaking of walls, my missus painted these recently:

Very nice! Wish I could have pixel art like that on my wall. Maybe NES Mega Man or something. Unfortunately, the house I live in at the moment is rented, so I can't do that. But there is a house we're buying, so that could change. :lol:

Edit: Upon closer inspection, it looks like those Mario blocks were painted on canvas or something and hung on the wall, which makes more sense than the blocks actually being painted on the wall now that I think about it. Don't ask why I thought it was on the wall... :lol:

Anyway, that's something I could do around here, but it'd look a lot more awkward considering Mega Man isn't square-shaped. :lol:
The very thing that gives us humans our advanced cognitive abilities can also be our greatest weakness.
Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:50 am

Heh yeah, it's four small painted canvases. You could do a Mega Man piece, just make a grid on a canvas. Here's one I made earlier...

Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:01 am
Posts: 3097Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Prolescum wrote:Speaking of walls, my missus painted these recently:

Are those four separate pieces?
Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:22 am
YIM WWW

he_who_is_nobody wrote:
Prolescum wrote:Speaking of walls, my missus painted these recently:

Are those four separate pieces?

Yep, they can be reconfigured.

Sent from my Commodore 64

Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:38 am

Prolescum wrote:
he_who_is_nobody wrote:Are those four separate pieces?

Yep, they can be reconfigured.

Sent from my Commodore 64

Awesome.
Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:48 am
YIM WWW
VisakiUser avatarPosts: 640Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:26 pmLocation: Helsinki, Finland Gender: Male

You should combine the two, the Mario tiles and the Megaman character, and watch the fanboys of each go up in flames of rage :D

Anyways, interesting New Year.
Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:04 am

Visaki wrote:You should combine the two, the Mario tiles and the Megaman character, and watch the fanboys of each go up in flames of rage :D

Anyways, interesting New Year.

That'd be mitigated by the fact that Mega Man has a Mystery Mushroom costume that can be unlocked via his Super Smash Bros. amiibo in Super Mario Maker, and the fact that people like myself have compensated for the Mega Man franchise's dormancy by playing fan-made games like Super Mario Crossover, where Mega Man is a playable character.

And agreed. :)
Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:31 am
 [ 15 posts ] 
Return to General Discussion