Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

** STICKY ** MEMBERS QUOTES

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 10 of 10
 [ 191 posts ] 
** STICKY ** MEMBERS QUOTES
Author Message
australopithecusAdministratorUser avatarPosts: 4286Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: ** STICKY ** MEMBERS QUOTES

I bloody hope not. We do have standards here.
Image
Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:04 am
VisakiUser avatarPosts: 774Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:26 pmLocation: Helsinki, Finland Gender: Male

Post Re: ** STICKY ** MEMBERS QUOTES

australopithecus wrote:I bloody hope not. We do have standards here.

We do? :shock:

I wouldn't mind him being here. It'd be entertaining for a short while at least.
Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:51 am
LaurensSocial EditorUser avatarPosts: 2950Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:24 pmLocation: Norwich UK Gender: Male

Post Re: ** STICKY ** MEMBERS QUOTES

Visaki wrote:
australopithecus wrote:I bloody hope not. We do have standards here.

We do? :shock:

I wouldn't mind him being here. It'd be entertaining for a short while at least.


Is a train wreck entertaining?

I guess if it was I'd still be subscribed to his channel
Like the League of Reason on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

Shameless Self-Promotion
Listen to my music on Soundcloud
Like my music page on Facebook
Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:20 pm
DustniteUser avatarPosts: 518Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:11 pm Gender: Cake

Post Re: ** STICKY ** MEMBERS QUOTES

"I do think it is stupid, but probably not for the reasons you think I do. But this is irrelevant because in either case, whether a god exists or not, whether your God (with a capital G) exists or not, it doesn't matter. We both are, in either case, evolved apes." -Nesslig20

http://www.theleagueofreason.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=176980#p176980

Changing that to my new signature :)
"But this is irrelevant because in either case, whether a god exists or not, whether your God (with a capital G) exists or not, it doesn't matter. We both are, in either case, evolved apes. " - Nesslig20
Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:47 pm
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3333Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Post Re: ** STICKY ** MEMBERS QUOTES

Nesslig20 wrote:
leroy wrote:none of this disproves common ancestry, it simply proves that there are some missing pieces in the puzzle.


If the puzzle was your brain and the missing pieces was the cognitive ability to listen to the same answers that were given a thousand times before.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:25 pm
YIM WWW
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3333Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Post Re: ** STICKY ** MEMBERS QUOTES

Gnug215 wrote:You're really, really stupid. Severly. Not just misinformed, or ignorant, or just lacking in some cognitive areas. No, you're completely, utterly stupid. Actually stupid, as in the classical sense of the word.

You're never gonna realize this, of course, since self-insight to one's actual place in the world requires a certain amount of brain power.

You are exactly like one of those self-absorbed, tone deaf weirdoes who audition on shows like "America's Got Talent", thinking they can really sing, and then get really angry and self-defensive when the judges present them with the objective reality of their abject failure as a singer. Their mind immediately goes into strong denial, usually followed with a heaping helping of impotent slurs, who one might be lead to believe were based in jealousy, but even jealousy requires some amount of awareness, which these people - and you - do not possess.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:41 pm
YIM WWW
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2561Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Post Re: ** STICKY ** MEMBERS QUOTES

he_who_is_nobody wrote:
Gnug215 wrote:You're really, really stupid. Severly. Not just misinformed, or ignorant, or just lacking in some cognitive areas. No, you're completely, utterly stupid. Actually stupid, as in the classical sense of the word.

You're never gonna realize this, of course, since self-insight to one's actual place in the world requires a certain amount of brain power.

You are exactly like one of those self-absorbed, tone deaf weirdoes who audition on shows like "America's Got Talent", thinking they can really sing, and then get really angry and self-defensive when the judges present them with the objective reality of their abject failure as a singer. Their mind immediately goes into strong denial, usually followed with a heaping helping of impotent slurs, who one might be lead to believe were based in jealousy, but even jealousy requires some amount of awareness, which these people - and you - do not possess.



Yeah... I said that.

Do I regret it? Mayb.. no. Not at all.

I generally don't like insulting people, but some just need to be told exactly what they are, and that's what I think I did.
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215


The horse is a ferocious predator.
Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:13 pm
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3333Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Post Re: ** STICKY ** MEMBERS QUOTES

Gnug215 wrote:Yeah... I said that.

Do I regret it? Mayb.. no. Not at all.

I generally don't like insulting people, but some just need to be told exactly what they are, and that's what I think I did.


I would hope you do not regret saying that. It is a thing of beauty.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:04 am
YIM WWW
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2561Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Post Re: ** STICKY ** MEMBERS QUOTES

he_who_is_nobody wrote:
Gnug215 wrote:Yeah... I said that.

Do I regret it? Mayb.. no. Not at all.

I generally don't like insulting people, but some just need to be told exactly what they are, and that's what I think I did.


I would hope you do not regret saying that. It is a thing of beauty.



No, I really don't. I mean, in spite of my stance on insulting other people, even total idiots online, I really do feel that I told things like they are. So, not insults, just harsh truths.

My real regret is not being able to express it more strongly, more clearly, and... more morely! I don't think my little rant came close to really conveying the level of stupidity, self-delusion and denial we're actually dealing with in that guy.

But thanks. :)
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215


The horse is a ferocious predator.
Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:08 pm
SparhafocPosts: 1485Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: ** STICKY ** MEMBERS QUOTES

I think he's got a problem. It's not just his incessant hatred here... his FB shows he spends even more time hating yet other people in public.

And tee hee.. sticky members. :lol:
Beliefs are, by definition, things we don't know to be true.
กบในกะลาครอบ
Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:13 pm
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2561Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Post Re: ** STICKY ** MEMBERS QUOTES

Sparhafoc wrote:I think he's got a problem. It's not just his incessant hatred here... his FB shows he spends even more time hating yet other people in public.

And tee hee.. sticky members. :lol:


Oh, he DOES have a problem.

It's just that it doesn't have a "classical" diagnosis that one would be compelled to seek psychiatric help for. Just like Trump: clearly insane, just not clinically admittable or treatable.

And yes, I'm being entirely serious. I think this is an area of psychiatry that's being overlooked. It doesn't have a name, but it's a mish-mash of psychological deficiencies, which in my book would have the name of "deluded asshole".
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215


The horse is a ferocious predator.
Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:37 am
Previous
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 10 of 10
 [ 191 posts ] 
Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest