Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

** STICKY ** MEMBERS QUOTES

[ 191 posts ] 
** STICKY ** MEMBERS QUOTES
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5009Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post Re: ** STICKY ** MEMBERS QUOTES

justsomefnguy wrote:My favorite was always Mithra. In addition to the virgin birth, he shared many characteristics with Jesus, and also happened to be the major competitor of christianity, that is until christianity was made the official religion of the roman empire and Mithraism was outlawed.

tux wrote:Mithras was born from a rock.

Anachronous Rex wrote:Stories vary, but provided no one fucked the rock then it was still a virgin birth.

Sauce.
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:45 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5009Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Laurens wrote:It will go round and round in circles until every argument in the entire history of the whole science vs religion debate has been repeated ad infinitum. Everyone will get frustrated and bad tempered and quite frankly I'd rather just have a cup of tea.

From here
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:17 pm
nasher168League LegendUser avatarPosts: 2518Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:34 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

Story wrote:
DepricatedZero wrote:This is madness.

Madness?... THIS IS SMARTER!
A great Charity
Apologies for my absence of late.
Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:23 am

TheFlyingBastard wrote:
marielee wrote:In most cases, if someone is truly seeking if Jesus Christ is the Truth with all their heart, they will ask questions and not even try to argue against Gods Word, they will be "willfully submissive" , or meekness, if you will.

They have a word for that in Arabic.

The word is islam.

Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:49 pm
Doc.User avatarPosts: 642Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:14 pm

Legendary sentence from TheFearmonger. thread

Right, no need to wait until tomorrow. This is complete bullshit!! Every creationist site fails. Well, I made a promise, and so... I'll say it. Creationism is fake. End of story. Sorry for the waste of time, and I've even did the profile to fit my new view.

xman, same thread.
Science is unstoppable because it is forever trying to destroy its own findings. All that survives are the very best and most supported concepts.
Dogma is unfalsifiable, uses no good evidence if any at all, and doesn't get to play in the same sandbox.
Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:21 pm
LallapalalableUser avatarPosts: 1205Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:35 pmLocation: That place between childhood and adulthood Gender: Male

MillionSword wrote:Do you have telekinetic powers? That might REALLY help you out
"I'm not stupid, I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." Watterson
Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:02 am
FingerUser avatarPosts: 354Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:13 amLocation: California

Artist for Red Oasis
Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:57 am
DaealisUser avatarPosts: 235Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:48 pmLocation: Tampere

Finger wrote:Legendary anti-anti-atheism rant by scalyblue.

I just read that and had to pause for a moment to just wonder at the sheer mountains of pwn crammed into that one post.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
- Albert Einstein
Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:43 am
scalyblueUser avatarPosts: 1417Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:02 am

Daealis wrote:
Finger wrote:Legendary anti-anti-atheism rant by scalyblue.

I just read that and had to pause for a moment to just wonder at the sheer mountains of pwn crammed into that one post.

I'm flattered! Thankyouuu!
我が力 我が身となりて
共に滅びの道を歩まん
神々の魂すらも打ち砕き
Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:27 pm
Aught3ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 4290Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:36 amLocation: New Zealand Gender: Male

Memeticemetic wrote:
Aught3 wrote:I understood, you were being verbose for the sake of verbosity right?

...Hey what's that you've got there? No. NO! That's... that's my petard! Get it away from me!

*hoisted* :cry:
Wanderer, there is no path, the path is made by walking.
Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:21 pm
MemeticemeticLeague LegendPosts: 659Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:33 amLocation: location, location. Gender: Male

:oops: :D
"Do not offer sympathy to the mentally ill. Tell them firmly: I am not paid to listen to this drivel. You are a terminal fool."

~William S. Burroughs
Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:54 pm
AndiferousUser avatarPosts: 2727Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:00 amLocation: Laputa Gender: Time Lord

Gnomesmusher wrote:
ArthurWilborn wrote:Well, my models are predicated on people acting rationally; so when I see people holding on to irrationality, it makes me upset.

Your models are borked.

This cracked me up until completely borked. :D
"As there seemed no measure between what Watt could understand, and what he could not, so there seemed none between what he deemed certain, and what he deemed doubtful."
~ Samuel Beckett, Watt
Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:42 am
nemesissUser avatarPosts: 1259Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:29 pm

Anachronous Rex wrote:if anyone ever *said* to me that they didn't believe in Hitler, I would bitch-slap them so hard it would make Goebbels dizzy.
Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:18 pm
MemeticemeticLeague LegendPosts: 659Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:33 amLocation: location, location. Gender: Male

nemesiss wrote:
Anachronous Rex wrote:if anyone ever *said* to me that they didn't believe in Hitler, I would bitch-slap them so hard it would make Goebbels dizzy.

:lol: I was just about to post this one myself. Good show, Rex.
"Do not offer sympathy to the mentally ill. Tell them firmly: I am not paid to listen to this drivel. You are a terminal fool."

~William S. Burroughs
Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:02 am

Anachronous Rex wrote:
australopithecus wrote:I want a cane, top hat and a monocle :(

Sorry, you get a paperboy hat and excessive use of the word, "governa."

~William S. Burroughs
Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:48 pm
)O( Hytegia )O(League LegendUser avatarPosts: 3135Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:27 pm Gender: Cake

MineMineMine wrote:
televator wrote:Actually Megatron would end our oil dependency by immediately switching to energon.

not really. oil is an amazing producer/substitute for energon. but he won't be bothered to spend development money for 3rd world countries
Some would insinuate that being drunk at 9 in the morning to be signs of serious issues.
Me? I'd insinuate it as signs of no plans and a refrigerator full of Whiskey and Guinness.
Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:08 pm
australopithecusLime TordUser avatarPosts: 4347Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Anachronous Rex wrote:
Laurens wrote:So is the supermoon different to the regular moon? :lol:

It has a cape.
Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:23 pm
Anachronous RexLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 2008Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:07 pmLocation: Kansas City, MO Gender: Male

australopithecus wrote:
VyckRo wrote:Glory to God that I'm not an atheist!

Yeah, I'm feeling we dodged a bullet too.
Our prefrontal lobes are too small. Much too small. That's a problem of the birth canal, I'm very sorry to say for those that like their birth canals... tight.
-C. Hitchens.
Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:52 pm
)O( Hytegia )O(League LegendUser avatarPosts: 3135Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:27 pm Gender: Cake

australopithecus wrote:
Nemesiah wrote:One other thing, please if at all possible refrain from insulting me, I have not done it to you and would apreciate if you had the same courtesy towards me.

Nemesiah wrote:...that makes you a killer, and I preffer not to mingle with the likes of you since I being an atheist an a vegan put human and animal life at the top of my ethical list (and very close to each other) and hate violence.
Some would insinuate that being drunk at 9 in the morning to be signs of serious issues.
Me? I'd insinuate it as signs of no plans and a refrigerator full of Whiskey and Guinness.
Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:52 pm

australopithecus wrote:...
Also, 30k+ subscribers? Ignoring the fact you have but 21 subs for a minute, since when did sub count matter or become relevant? Are you desperate to be owned in front of that many people? You have consistently demonstrated you know NOTHING about the concept of debate, so why the attitude?

A little heads up:

No one will debate you, and that's not because they're scared or because you have mega-logic skillz, but because you are unimportant. So before you eventually start running around claiming "I beat atheism" just remember....no one cares about your challenge.

So much pwn in <1500 characters.
Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:33 am
PreviousNext
 [ 191 posts ] 
Return to General Discussion