Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Trump thinks Scientology should lose tax-exempt status

[ 4 posts ] 
Trump thinks Scientology should lose tax-exempt status
VisakiUser avatarPosts: 778Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:26 pmLocation: Helsinki, Finland Gender: Male

Post Trump thinks Scientology should lose tax-exempt status

To be honest it's pretty much hear say at this moment, but one can always hope. Personally I think Trump won't say this in public (well, twitter). It's not like he fears Scientologists, but I bet that the christian lobby will lean on him hard so not to open the door for removing the tax exempt status from any churche.

SOURCE: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/359730-trump-thinks-scientology-should-lose-its-tax-exempt-status
Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:27 am
SparhafocPosts: 1653Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: Trump thinks Scientology should lose tax-exempt status

Visaki wrote:... but I bet that the christian lobby will lean on him hard so not to open the door for removing the tax exempt status from any churche.

I am not at all sure they would care what happens to all those fake religions! ;)
"a reprehensible human being"
Beliefs are, by definition, things we don't know to be true.
Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:03 am
VisakiUser avatarPosts: 778Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:26 pmLocation: Helsinki, Finland Gender: Male

Sparhafoc wrote:
Visaki wrote:... but I bet that the christian lobby will lean on him hard so not to open the door for removing the tax exempt status from any churche.

I am not at all sure they would care what happens to all those fake religions! ;)

Because if they can do that to one, they open the door for doing it to all. Though that might be a bit more analysis than they are capable of.
Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:07 pm
SparhafocPosts: 1653Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Visaki wrote:
Sparhafoc wrote:I am not at all sure they would care what happens to all those fake religions! ;)

Because if they can do that to one, they open the door for doing it to all. Though that might be a bit more analysis than they are capable of.

Yes, you understand that, and I understand that, but in my experience most Christians wouldn't understand that.
"a reprehensible human being"
Beliefs are, by definition, things we don't know to be true.
Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:11 am
 [ 4 posts ] 
Return to News