Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Dutch euthanasia law is used to kill alcoholic

[ 43 posts ] 
Dutch euthanasia law is used to kill alcoholic
SparhafocPosts: 1333Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: Dutch euthanasia law is used to kill alcoholic

Tree wrote:I draw the line at:

1. being in extreme physical pain
2. death being imminent, let's say a matter of months but not years, a lot can happen between now and several years
3. no possibility of cure, so death has to be inevitable

With that said I think I would oppose euthanasia altogether if someone discovered a wonder painkiller and permanently settled the #1 issue and if there was a way to constantly administer it so that you never experience even a minute of that pain again. No idea if that's possible, but waiting...

I draw the line at the end of my nose.
Beliefs are, by definition, things we don't know to be true.
Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:01 am
thenexttodiePosts: 799Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:59 pm Gender: Male

Sparhafoc wrote:
You can show I am wrong by actually providing some empirical source that establishes the validity of your contention.

Or we could just ask Nesslig20. But I think the fact that he hasn't made a 50,000 word long post with 1,000 different graphics explaining to me exactly how I am wrong is probably more convincing than any other empirical evidence I could provide you with which shows I am right.
“..the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him.” Tolstoy
Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:56 pm
SparhafocPosts: 1333Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

thenexttodie wrote:
Sparhafoc wrote:
You can show I am wrong by actually providing some empirical source that establishes the validity of your contention.

Or we could just ask Nesslig20. But I think the fact that he hasn't made a 50,000 word long post with 1,000 different graphics explaining to me exactly how I am wrong is probably more convincing than any other empirical evidence I could provide you with which shows I am right.

Well, maybe I'll write you one the moment you muster some form of evidence for the contention.
Beliefs are, by definition, things we don't know to be true.
Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:42 am
Previous
 [ 43 posts ] 
Return to News