Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Sorry But You're Dead To Me (original)

[ 4 posts ] 
Sorry But You're Dead To Me (original)
LaurensSocial EditorUser avatarPosts: 2935Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:24 pmLocation: Norwich UK Gender: Male

Post Sorry But You're Dead To Me (original)

Written this afternoon
Like the League of Reason on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

Shameless Self-Promotion
Listen to my music on Soundcloud
Like my music page on Facebook
Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:42 pm
LaurensSocial EditorUser avatarPosts: 2935Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:24 pmLocation: Norwich UK Gender: Male

Post Re: Sorry But You're Dead To Me (original)

Not really worth another topic, but here's me fiddling with a wah wah pedal too:

Follow us on Twitter

Shameless Self-Promotion
Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:44 pm
CosmicJoghurtPodcasterUser avatarPosts: 808Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:59 pm Gender: Pinecone

Allow me to comment, since I'm a bit of a music tinkerer myself :)

First off, I feel you should invest in some recording equipment. Having chops is the real deal but not-so-good-sounding audio is a deterrent.

With that out of the way, onto the music:

Me likey your style. I think your voice sounds a lot better on lower tones than it does when you start climbing up the octave ladder. Not only is it more in-tune, you're more comfortable there. I feel you should work a bit on your singing, specially intonation.

Also, you know those chord changes in the end? Yeah they're a bit too late for meh-taste, you spend a lot of time on the E7/A7 thing.

Details aside, I like your attitude on the Bob Dylan thing.

I hope I'm not coming out as too much of a critic, but I just like telling people what I think.

Cheers! ;)
Perception of reality results in interpretation of reality which results in a deformation of reality.
Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:17 am

CosmicJoghurt wrote:Allow me to comment, since I'm a bit of a music tinkerer myself :)

First off, I feel you should invest in some recording equipment. Having chops is the real deal but not-so-good-sounding audio is a deterrent.

Yeah I'm very aware of this problem, unfortunately my financial situation won't allow me to get hold of any decent recording equipment at the moment :(

With that out of the way, onto the music:

Me likey your style. I think your voice sounds a lot better on lower tones than it does when you start climbing up the octave ladder. Not only is it more in-tune, you're more comfortable there. I feel you should work a bit on your singing, specially intonation.

Yeah, I certainly feel more comfortable around the lower end. I probably do need some work on my singing, although I certainly feel like I have improved since I started singing, and I've received quite a few comments to that effect. I can do a pretty good Johnny Cash ;)

Also, you know those chord changes in the end? Yeah they're a bit too late for meh-taste, you spend a lot of time on the E7/A7 thing.

I was thinking that this song possibly needed a bit of a reworking. I wanted to keep the end part separate because the theme is different (lyrically) from the rest of the song, but I could try to work in some variation in the verses.

Details aside, I like your attitude on the Bob Dylan thing.

I hope I'm not coming out as too much of a critic, but I just like telling people what I think.

Cheers! ;)

No worries, I appreciate criticism (at least in its constructive form as in your post).

Thanks for the comment

Laurens
Follow us on Twitter

Shameless Self-Promotion
Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:48 am
 [ 4 posts ] 
Return to Creativity