Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Squawk, London, rent, maybe drinks, etc, blah

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 7 posts ] 
Squawk, London, rent, maybe drinks, etc, blah
SquawkModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2011Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:25 pm Gender: Tree

Post Squawk, London, rent, maybe drinks, etc, blah

Hey guys and gals of the league. Having taken a job in London a couple of months back I'm now looking for a place to stay. Anyone got a room for rent somewhere within 45 mins journey of the city, preferably a bit closer (thinking Fulham, Battersey etc).

If not, anyone living/working in the city fancy a metup for a beverage or several?
Pope Rat: "Exclusion of God, religion and virtue from public life leads ultimately to a truncated vision of man and of society and thus a reductive vision of a person and his destiny."

Squawk response: "O Rly?"
Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:31 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 4998Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post Re: Squawk, London, rent, maybe drinks, etc, blah

My mum used to own a pub in Battersea called The Chelsea Reach. Never liked the area. If you can afford it, north London's much nicer.

I'd stop by, but I live in Sussex. Bit too far for a pint. If you're ever down this way, let me know.
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:18 am
SquawkModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2011Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:25 pm Gender: Tree

Hmm, I've been looking in Battersey a bit, got told it was pretty nice. I suppose it depends exactly where. Also been looking in Fulham, though I confess all online thus far, hope to be out and seeing places later this week.
Pope Rat: "Exclusion of God, religion and virtue from public life leads ultimately to a truncated vision of man and of society and thus a reductive vision of a person and his destiny."

Squawk response: "O Rly?"
Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:58 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 4998Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Well the flats overlooking Battersea park are nice. Massive too. They're probably expensive, though.

You see those blocks of flats in the background? Dozens of those. That's my memory of it at least...

Here's my mum's old pub:

They've changed the name :cry: (yes, I did jump off the roof when pretending to be Starscream)
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:39 pm
DepricatedZeroChat ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 1333Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 11:43 amLocation: Cincinnati, OH Gender: Pinecone

this makes me want to visit London
Why does my life have to be so small
And death is forever
And does forever have a life to call its own?
Don't give me an answer cause you only know
As much as I know
Unless you've been there once
And I hardly think so

Green Day - One of My Lies
Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:39 pm
atheistcatmanUser avatarPosts: 58Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:13 pm

Ah, love to try some British Ale, but yeah those flats look nice. Would love to get a student or work visa for the UK. To the topic, I hear London has many great places to catch a brew, but I would drink at home if there, heard they banned smoking in outdoor patios of pubs in the UK. What is a glass of scotch on rocks without a few Rothman. :lol:
I Have Committed Every Sin In Dante's Inferno
Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:13 am
thenexttodiePosts: 730Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:59 pm Gender: Male

atheistcatman wrote:Ah, love to try some British Ale, but yeah those flats look nice. Would love to get a student or work visa for the UK. To the topic, I hear London has many great places to catch a brew, but I would drink at home if there, heard they banned smoking in outdoor patios of pubs in the UK. What is a glass of scotch on rocks without a few Rothman. :lol:

If you find US mid western culture oppressive, you will only find things are much worse in the UK. Unless you are a Muslim, I would say Florida is much nicer.
Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:41 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 7 posts ] 
Return to Networking