Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

The SHOCKING truth about furries!!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 2
 [ 40 posts ] 
The SHOCKING truth about furries!!!!!
Author Message
Louis THPosts: 13Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:32 am Gender: Male

Post The SHOCKING truth about furries!!!!!

They're not that different from ordinary people!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUGHGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
lol
Seriously though, most of the time they're nothing really to be afraid of.


And here's the wikipedia article about them.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furry_Fandom
Now you may have heard several nightmares about us, but that is all realtive to where you look. And keep in mind, they're more interested in raitings than telling the truth. Who would you rather trust? Professional researchers or just loud-mouth wankers on the internet?

Plus there is the growing yet fallacious notion that being a furry is "a mental disorder that is the scourge of the internet" and that "they do this because they're all miserable deep down". But really, do they do this because they're sad deep down? Judge for yourself.


And by the way. "Louis TH" is an abbreviation for "Louis the Hedgehog". That's right. I am a furry.
Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:13 pm
lrkunUser avatarPosts: 3831Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:37 pmLocation: R. Gender: Tree

Post Re: The SHOCKING truth about furries!!!!!

As long as they are being responsible. :)
Unsupport unthink.
Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:38 pm
Louis THPosts: 13Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:32 am Gender: Male

Post Re: The SHOCKING truth about furries!!!!!

Glad you think so too. But now let's move onto why I really created this topic.

There are whole networks of people out there who are trying to shut us down. Their tactics mirror all the tactics used by the cowardly creationists of youtube. Basicaly their lives suck and they're just looking for someone to blame, and usually go after the the demographic that has the least to do with it. And figuring out their logic is like trying to untie the concordian knot.

They claim that we're perverts who ruin childhoods as they stalk and harass children on the internet.
They claim we're oppressive as they jerk off to images of the Third Reich or Stalinist Russia.
They claim we're intolerant as they make comments that are racist, xenaphobic, homophobic, and anti-semetic.
They claim we oppose freedom of speech as they use votebots, hacking campaigns, and file false DMCAs.
They claim we llive in a fantacy land as they live in a world of of misturst, judgement, and paronoia.
They claim to be the voice of the people as they intentionally try to piss off anyone who could give a shit about them.
They claim that we can't take criticism as they use savagely below the belt tactics to silence their critics.
They claim we are morally inferrior as they don't now the first thing about morality.
They claim we are insensitive as they mock tragic losses of life.
They claim that we have no life as they throw theirs away on this stupid cursade rufusing to live and let live.

And though all that, they have the audacity to claim that WE are the hipocrites.
Now who does that remind you of?
Now you know why we cannot let them succeed.

Now you may be thinking "But Louis, I'm not a furry. What does this have to do with me?" I believe there is a phrase you may be familiar with.
First they came for the communists, and I did not speak up because I wasn't a communist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak up because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the homosexuals, and I did not speak up because I wasn't a homosexual.
Then they came for the Gypsies, and I did not speak up because I was not a Gypsey.
Then they came for the Jahova's Whitnesses, and I did not speak up because I was not a Jahova's Witness.
And then they came for me, and by that time, no one was left to speak up for me.

Now do you understand the true meaning of the phrase "United we stand, Divided we fall?"
And believe me, these creeps strut around the internet like they own it. We are not their only target, and without your help, we will not be their last. Just imagine people who are a hybrid of PCS and Incessim666 running all over the internet, playing with it like a little boy with a loaded gun.
Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:11 pm
borrofburiModeratorPosts: 3508Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:27 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: The SHOCKING truth about furries!!!!!

Mostly I tend to not care about furries, they can do what they want...

But sometimes I do feel a little bit like this (warning: image from /b/, it's not sexual, or disturbing, but the text is a bit crass, and the general message lacks maturity and subtlety): http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/674/furries.png

And really, re-reading that reminds me of the issue: there is a lot of whining. I'll oppose the hell out of any law that directly persecutes you, or any example of actual persecution, but that some people misjudge you? I don't care. I have so much else to deal with, and so many more grievous misjudgments to fill my time correcting, the so called "persecution" of whiny furries isn't even on the radar (I'm sure there are some mature furries, but all the ones I ever end up running into have always been horribly immature, so there's some sort of anecdotal bias or accidental sample bias going on there (at least, I hope it's just a freak bias coincidence, and not an actual trend)). When gays can marry, women don't have to fight a glass ceiling, creationism is no longer a threat, and institutional racism is gone, then maybe we can talk. EDIT: on second thought, no, those are just the problems I have with first world countries, the list gets much much longer when you add the rest of the planet in; on top of that, I didn't even get to things that aren't primarily social issues, like the impending energy crisis (or, in third world countries, food crises and overpopulation).

Indeed, even in your list there are things I, at most, will say "well, that's a bit of a shame; grow up and deal with it maturely, win the battle they are presenting you with, but it's not my battle". For instance, the "savagely below the belts" list item: so what? Respond more intelligently or more maturely, or generally win over public opinion in some manner or another, but asking me to fight your battles with/for you by appealing to the holocaust? No thank you.
Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:44 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 4985Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post Re: The SHOCKING truth about furries!!!!!

Sounds like you're looking for a personal army...

I'm sorry, don't take this the wrong way, but being insulted on the internet because you like dressing up like animals is not in any way appropriately comparable with the plight of the Communists, Jews, Gypsies, unionists, homosexuals or any other similar grouping from pre-war Germany and I'm insulted that you make the connection so frivolously. It's already made me less likely to trust what you're saying.

I'm not suggesting you're fair game, but really, why should I defend your desire to draw anthropomorphised animals regularly?
In fact, what is it you want defended precisely?
What is it you want me to do to that end? Make a video? Write a blog? Vandalise ED?

I'll hear you out, (well if you type, I'll read; don't much care for videos), but I'm a little confused as to why I should give a toss about what I currently see as a non-issue.

Just imagine people who are a hybrid of PCS and Incessim666 running all over the internet, playing with it like a little boy with a loaded gun.


I don't know what that means.



Some advice to counter future confusion, a pro tip of sorts:

Presume no one knows what you're talking about when you join a new board and don't use obscure acronyms without explaining them, don't use esoteric rhetoric or refer to examples few are likely to have any knowledge of without links or at least some reference material.
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:49 pm
Louis THPosts: 13Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:32 am Gender: Male

Post Re: The SHOCKING truth about furries!!!!!

You people don't understand. This is not primairly about enjoying what I enjoy. Not everyone will like everything, that would never be possible. Don't enjoy it, don't do it, it's as simple as that.

What this is about is two things, breaking stereotypes, end exposing people who go way to far.

I'm sorry, don't take this the wrong way, but being insulted on the internet because you like dressing up like animals is not in any way appropriately comparable with the plight of the Communists, Jews, Gypsies, unionists, homosexuals or any other similar grouping from pre-war Germany and I'm insulted that you make the connection so frivolously. It's already made me less likely to trust what you're saying.

What I'm trying to say is that United we stand, divided we fall. I'm not trying to create an army, I'm trying to arm you with knowledge, to inoculate you against the storm ahead.

And as for the Nazi comparison, there are those out there who are actually trying to establish "The Fourth Reich". They're actually crazy enough to believe they can do this!

But for the meantime, they're trying to poison the minds of the public with lies, paranoia, and fear about my community. Sadly, more and more people are jumping on the anti-furry bandwagon, and too few are asking the critical questions like "is this bandwagon sturdy?" and "where will this bandwagon take us?"

Because I have a hunch that if they knew the truth, less people would be willing to support it. Let's not forget what TheAmazingAthiest said: "If you have to lie to support your agenda, you have to wonder if it's an agenda worth persuing". And as I said beofre, they've used at least every cowardly tactic in the youtube arena and beyond. Ask yourself if they're so right, then why do they have to cheat?

I'm not suggesting you're fair game, but really, why should I defend your desire to draw anthropomorphised animals regularly?
In fact, what is it you want defended precisely?
What is it you want me to do to that end? Make a video? Write a blog? Vandalise ED?

The drawings are, for the most part, free speech, are they not? What I really want is to properly inform others, cutting off ignorance in their tracks.

I'll hear you out, (well if you type, I'll read; don't much care for videos), but I'm a little confused as to why I should give a toss about what I currently see as a non-issue.
At least you gave me the benefit of the doubt, which does not happen nearly enough.

I don't know what that means.

PCS is an abbreviation for Posterboy for Creationsist Stupidity, the codename for VenomFangX, created by Thunderf00t. As for incessim666, DPRJones made two videos about him. Now imagine what would happen if you combined those two together.

But sometimes I do feel a little bit like this (warning: image from /b/, it's not sexual, or disturbing, but the text is a bit crass, and the general message lacks maturity and subtlety): http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/674/furries.png

You're right It IS crass, and totally lacking in maturity and and subtlety! He's just trying to create some understanding, maybe could have been worded a little better, and he gets the shit judged out of him! What an ass!!!

No, I'm not saying you could never understand me.
No, I'm not saying YOU'RE the one trying to oppress me.
I'm not saying that mistrust about us has resulted in any form of discrimination, at least not yet.
And I am DEFENATELY not saying you have to join me.

And really, re-reading that reminds me of the issue: there is a lot of whining. I'll oppose the hell out of any law that directly persecutes you, or any example of actual persecution, but that some people misjudge you? I don't care. I have so much else to deal with, and so many more grievous misjudgments to fill my time correcting, the so called "persecution" of whiny furries isn't even on the radar (I'm sure there are some mature furries, but all the ones I ever end up running into have always been horribly immature, so there's some sort of anecdotal bias or accidental sample bias going on there (at least, I hope it's just a freak bias coincidence, and not an actual trend)). When gays can marry, women don't have to fight a glass ceiling, creationism is no longer a threat, and institutional racism is gone, then maybe we can talk. EDIT: on second thought, no, those are just the problems I have with first world countries, the list gets much much longer when you add the rest of the planet in; on top of that, I didn't even get to things that aren't primarily social issues, like the impending energy crisis (or, in third world countries, food crises and overpopulation).

I never said I was defending the whiners. I admit, there are a lot of whiney fanbases out there these days. However, I would never go to the lengths that some of these people go to to "fix" them. And keep in mind, many of these medelers actually DO want to pass laws against us. And yes, those are legimate problems, which is why we need SOLUTIONS, not scapegoats. (Not that I'm accusing you of doing such a thing). But keep in mind that there are furries who are pilots, engineers, doctors, soldiers, sailors, lawyers, teachers, writers, artists, scientists, security guards, and so on. For that reason, we might just have a few solutions of our own.

Indeed, even in your list there are things I, at most, will say "well, that's a bit of a shame; grow up and deal with it maturely, win the battle they are presenting you with, but it's not my battle". For instance, the "savagely below the belts" list item: so what? Respond more intelligently or more maturely, or generally win over public opinion in some manner or another, but asking me to fight your battles with/for you by appealing to the holocaust? No thank you.

Before you call me on Godwin's law, consider this. A lot of the arguments against us are strangely similar to the arguments against Gay Marriage and Interracial Marrage. Arguments such as "It's just a sick fetish not a lifestyle" and "They're just animals." Granted, it's not as bad as any discrimination in the past. However, these patterns of thinking are the type that lead to such things.

Fortunately, we still have time to prevent this. Knowledge is our arsenal. That is why some of our opponents use the dirty tricks and actually DO want to drive us from the internet. And if our voice goes, imagine what else will follow it.

You want to know why I joined their community? Before I heard about it, I would have reacted to this topic the same way you are. Then one day I was coming across a guy who was frustrated with some people who were complaining about furries, and rightfully so. Some of their claims were from so far up their asses it wasn't even funny! THere was even this one guy who was blaiming furries for every problem in his life, as well as every little problem in existance. I was thinking to myself "Holy SHIT!!! There actually ARE people this stupid!" And it was at that instant I realized that I was a furry. And that's why I'm dong what I'm doing, not fur the fursuiting, not for the fetishes, but for combatting stupidity.

Which is not to say I consider anyone here stupid. If I thought you were stupid, I would have never brought this to your attention.

And once again, I feel I must thank everyone here for keeping this civilized. Some of you may have disagreed with me, but at least you've used logic and reason to back your arguments up. Usually this would have broken down by now.
Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:23 am
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 4985Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post Re: The SHOCKING truth about furries!!!!!

Well for starters, I'm disappointed that you feel no remorse for comparing your trivial, personal battle with whomever (is it 4chan? ED? Teenagers in general?) to those actually persecuted by the Nazis.


Louis TH wrote:You people don't understand. This is not primairly about enjoying what I enjoy. Not everyone will like everything, that would never be possible. Don't enjoy it, don't do it, it's as simple as that.


You say you are a furry, you say you are oppressed. This is primarily about what you enjoy.

What this is about is two things, breaking stereotypes, end exposing people who go way to far.


Well you've moaned about being oppressed and compared yourself to those who suffered and died because of who they were and you've exposed no one at all. Who is it that receives your ire?

I'm sorry, don't take this the wrong way, but being insulted on the internet because you like dressing up like animals is not in any way appropriately comparable with the plight of the Communists, Jews, Gypsies, unionists, homosexuals or any other similar grouping from pre-war Germany and I'm insulted that you make the connection so frivolously. It's already made me less likely to trust what you're saying.

What I'm trying to say is that United we stand, divided we fall. I'm not trying to create an army, I'm trying to arm you with knowledge, to inoculate you against the storm ahead.


What makes you think we're united? I've joined no cause, all you've told me is that you're a furry and some people take the piss out of you for it, and I see no storm on the horizon. Where is it?

And as for the Nazi comparison, there are those out there who are actually trying to establish "The Fourth Reich". They're actually crazy enough to believe they can do this!


And if they are trying to establish a fourth reich, what with all the gays, jews, gypsies, unionists, slavics, mulattos around the place, why should I worry about someone who dresses up as an animal occasionally?

Being lampooned is not oppression.

But for the meantime, they're trying to poison the minds of the public with lies, paranoia, and fear about my community. Sadly, more and more people are jumping on the anti-furry bandwagon, and too few are asking the critical questions like "is this bandwagon sturdy?" and "where will this bandwagon take us?"


I think you're exaggerating the problem. The public doesn't care that you dress up as an animal. The public at large probably has no idea that you and your sub-culture exist at all.

How can the public's mind be poisoned about something they've never heard of? I think you're being a little paroquial; no one outside of your group or their group cares (or knows at all) because it's irrelevant to them.

Because I have a hunch that if they knew the truth, less people would be willing to support it. Let's not forget what TheAmazingAthiest said: "If you have to lie to support your agenda, you have to wonder if it's an agenda worth persuing". And as I said beofre, they've used at least every cowardly tactic in the youtube arena and beyond. Ask yourself if they're so right, then why do they have to cheat?


What exactly is it they're doing? Slandering you? For fuck's sake, grow some balls. Instead of coming here and screaming about how your small group of people are being treated like the Jews and gays were in Nazi Germany, do as Borro says above; stop being so bloody immature and win the argument. And you probably wonder why people don't have any respect for you...

I'm not suggesting you're fair game, but really, why should I defend your desire to draw anthropomorphised animals regularly?
In fact, what is it you want defended precisely?
What is it you want me to do to that end? Make a video? Write a blog? Vandalise ED?

The drawings are, for the most part, free speech, are they not? What I really want is to properly inform others, cutting off ignorance in their tracks.


That doesn't answer my question. No one is stopping you from dressing up like an animal, nor drawing one and publishing it, so I have to wonder... What purpose did you have for starting this thread? A rallying cry, obviously, but to do what? Or is it just stretching the drama to new frontiers?

I'll hear you out, (well if you type, I'll read; don't much care for videos), but I'm a little confused as to why I should give a toss about what I currently see as a non-issue.
At least you gave me the benefit of the doubt, which does not happen nearly enough.


Fine, but you've still not given me any reason to take up your nebulous cause, nor in fact, any reason to take you or furries seriously. I think Borro's cartoon has described this conversation quite accurately; you've blown it out of proportion, compared yourself to others inappropriately, attempted to appeal to this board by using atheist examples of comparison and insulted my intelligence repeatedly. That said, I'm not always right in my conclusions, so feel free to correct me wherever suitable.

I don't know what that means.

PCS is an abbreviation for Posterboy for Creationsist Stupidity, the codename for VenomFangX, created by Thunderf00t. As for incessim666, DPRJones made two videos about him. Now imagine what would happen if you combined those two together.


Yes, well I haven't time to watch videos regularly but never mind; I'll presume it's relevant somehow.

I never said I was defending the whiners. I admit, there are a lot of whiney fanbases out there these days. However, I would never go to the lengths that some of these people go to to "fix" them. And keep in mind, many of these medelers actually DO want to pass laws against us. And yes, those are legimate problems, which is why we need SOLUTIONS, not scapegoats. (Not that I'm accusing you of doing such a thing). But keep in mind that there are furries who are pilots, engineers, doctors, soldiers, sailors, lawyers, teachers, writers, artists, scientists, security guards, and so on. For that reason, we might just have a few solutions of our own.


What exactly are you threatening to do here? How would 4chan or whoever it is you're complaining about get legislation against you through? I presume you live in a western democracy, yes?

Indeed, even in your list there are things I, at most, will say "well, that's a bit of a shame; grow up and deal with it maturely, win the battle they are presenting you with, but it's not my battle". For instance, the "savagely below the belts" list item: so what? Respond more intelligently or more maturely, or generally win over public opinion in some manner or another, but asking me to fight your battles with/for you by appealing to the holocaust? No thank you.

Before you call me on Godwin's law, consider this. A lot of the arguments against us are strangely similar to the arguments against Gay Marriage and Interracial Marrage. Arguments such as "It's just a sick fetish not a lifestyle" and "They're just animals." Granted, it's not as bad as any discrimination in the past. However, these patterns of thinking are the type that lead to such things.


You cannot control bigotry, this is true but you can WIN THE ARGUMENT against them. However, I don't think it's my place nor my battle.

Fortunately, we still have time to prevent this. Knowledge is our arsenal. That is why some of our opponents use the dirty tricks and actually DO want to drive us from the internet. And if our voice goes, imagine what else will follow it.


You still have time to prevent whatever it is, I have come to the conclusion that your problems neither concern me nor the general public at large, although that is just my position. As Borro said there are many proper causes to fight, many real battles to win and protecting your ahem 'right' to dress up as an animal is near the bottom of concerns.

You want to know why I joined their community? Before I heard about it, I would have reacted to this topic the same way you are. Then one day I was coming across a guy who was frustrated with some people who were complaining about furries, and rightfully so. Some of their claims were from so far up their asses it wasn't even funny! THere was even this one guy who was blaiming furries for every problem in his life, as well as every little problem in existance. I was thinking to myself "Holy SHIT!!! There actually ARE people this stupid!" And it was at that instant I realized that I was a furry. And that's why I'm dong what I'm doing, not fur the fursuiting, not for the fetishes, but for combatting stupidity.

Which is not to say I consider anyone here stupid. If I thought you were stupid, I would have never brought this to your attention.

And once again, I feel I must thank everyone here for keeping this civilized. Some of you may have disagreed with me, but at least you've used logic and reason to back your arguments up. Usually this would have broken down by now.


Well like I've said, I'm not convinced by your (pretty weak) arguments, and am left none the wiser as to why you think being insulted on the internet is comparable with the oppression of the Jews in Nazi Germany. You've made no real case, except to say that it's annoying that you get insulted by teenagers.

Do you even have an argument that doesn't involve comparing yourself to an earlier group of oppressed people?
Let's make this simpler, this is how I see this:

How are you oppressed?

by people saying your drawings are shit or your costumes are ludicrous, that because you are lame you should leave the internet.

What are the reasons for these people oppressing you?

by the sound of it, lulz. You keep returning and making a bigger drama, they will mock harder. Classic teenage psychology.

What have you done to counter their jibes?

Moaned and blown your situation out of all proportions. I mean, seriously, comparing yourselves to those under the Nazis is a fucking disgrace. This is not productive at all, and makes you look equally as petty as those who mock you.

Why should we care?

We shouldn't; given all the info of your posts, you're not an oppressed minority, you're being mocked. Yes, it's a form of bullying, but it's really not as serious as you are attempting to suggest. You don't help yourself by bitching about it to others and exaggerating your position. There is a classic remedy to bullying; ignore it.

To be honest mate, you are the one perpetuating the stereotypes you say are erroneous and you don't seem to see it. I don't think I can help you at all. Feel free to continue trying to convince me otherwise, though. Up your game a bit...
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:09 pm
borrofburiModeratorPosts: 3508Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:27 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: The SHOCKING truth about furries!!!!!

Louis TH wrote:You people don't understand.

This is eerily similar to the "furry" in the image I posted.


Louis TH wrote:The drawings are, for the most part, free speech, are they not?

Yes.... so is the government trying to pass laws to prevent drawings of anthropomorphic animals?


Louis TH wrote:
But sometimes I do feel a little bit like this (warning: image from /b/, it's not sexual, or disturbing, but the text is a bit crass, and the general message lacks maturity and subtlety): http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/674/furries.png

You're right It IS crass, and totally lacking in maturity and and subtlety! He's just trying to create some understanding, maybe could have been worded a little better, and he gets the shit judged out of him! What an ass!!!

Yes, except that the ass has some valuable points about hypocrisy and the like.


Louis TH wrote:And keep in mind, many of these medelers actually DO want to pass laws against us.

Well, when they actually get legislation out for vote, let me know and I'll vote against it. If it's severe enough I'll even campaign against it, at least, as much as I do for any other issue.


Louis TH wrote:
Indeed, even in your list there are things I, at most, will say "well, that's a bit of a shame; grow up and deal with it maturely, win the battle they are presenting you with, but it's not my battle". For instance, the "savagely below the belts" list item: so what? Respond more intelligently or more maturely, or generally win over public opinion in some manner or another, but asking me to fight your battles with/for you by appealing to the holocaust? No thank you.

Before you call me on Godwin's law, consider this. A lot of the arguments against us are strangely similar to the arguments against Gay Marriage and Interracial Marrage. Arguments such as "It's just a sick fetish not a lifestyle" and "They're just animals." Granted, it's not as bad as any discrimination in the past. However, these patterns of thinking are the type that lead to such things.

Ok, so when they pass a bill banning furries from marrying, let me know.


Louis TH wrote:And if our voice goes, imagine what else will follow it.

I'm imagining, and the only thing I'm coming up with is scientologists and animal abusers... Besides, I think it unlikely that they'll somehow force you off the internet anyway. You keep implying there's some major impending crisis of rounding up furries and throwing them into furry concentration camps, but I don't see it coming...


Louis TH wrote:You want to know why I joined their community? Before I heard about it, I would have reacted to this topic the same way you are. Then one day I was coming across a guy who was frustrated with some people who were complaining about furries, and rightfully so. Some of their claims were from so far up their asses it wasn't even funny! THere was even this one guy who was blaiming furries for every problem in his life, as well as every little problem in existance. I was thinking to myself "Holy SHIT!!! There actually ARE people this stupid!" And it was at that instant I realized that I was a furry. And that's why I'm dong what I'm doing, not fur the fursuiting, not for the fetishes, but for combatting stupidity.

Cool, story... so what? And again, awfully reminiscent of the image I linked.
Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:12 pm
Louis THPosts: 13Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:32 am Gender: Male

Post Re: The SHOCKING truth about furries!!!!!

Perhaps the comparison to Nazi Germany is a bit far. Perhaps they are more like the "Church" of $cientology. Or better yet, maybe I should compare the furry haters to PETA. But then again, why do a lot of these furry haters hang out with anti-semite groups. I've seen it. But what I'm trying to say is how low these people can go.
Go to 5:54 To see what I'm talking about.

And look at this moron. You really trust someone like him? (Not the person who made this video, but the person who made it.)
[Youtube]LwM0WfSeMbs&feature=related[/Youtube]
[Youtube]m5dved4_lQ4&feature=related[/Youtube]
[Youtube]tN0ohj3L9lw&feature=related[/Youtube]

And keep in mind, people sharing my interests have been stalked, doxed, DMCAed, hacked, prank called, physically assaulted, and even kicked out of their home. I'm actually quite lucky compared to others.

And if this doesn't convince you, I don't know what will.

And by the way, did I ever say I wore a fursuit? You people really need to research this topic more. The university of California did.

And you want to know what the worst thing I've ever saw them do? You know that scene from Schindler's list where the stormtrooper shoots that little old lady in the head? What they did was photoshopped that picture where the stormtrooper was made to look like a troll, and the little old lady was made to look like Krystal Fox. You do not mock Schindler's List. What kind of sick motherfucker do you have to be to get a boner out of that?

What I'm saying is that if you don't like us, don't join us. And no, we are not being presently oppressed. But a lot of the people who hate us are throwing their lives away over something no one is forcing them to do, even entering the realm of the unlawful. And the scary part is that this movement is not made of rationally minded people. Like TJ said, this is just another hydra of the anti-freedom movement. Have a look for yourself.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriotic_Nigras
Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:44 pm
borrofburiModeratorPosts: 3508Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:27 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: The SHOCKING truth about furries!!!!!

Louis TH wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPguszxGgws

Hmm, I think this was addressed in the image I linked... On the fair side, you are indeed not saying "you must have seen the CSI episode" like the furry in the comic did... On the critical side, you are saying that I should care, but not why I should care, and at that point it's merely an assertion, one that it is NOT convincing.


Louis TH wrote:[Youtube]LwM0WfSeMbs&feature=related[/Youtube]
[Youtube]m5dved4_lQ4&feature=related[/Youtube]
[Youtube]tN0ohj3L9lw&feature=related[/Youtube]

I was going to fix these for you, but honestly I think 4 embedded videos in a single post is excessive (please, don't do that... at that point perhaps it is wises to add descriptions of the videos and add links instead of embedding them).


Louis TH wrote:And keep in mind, people sharing my interests have been stalked, doxed, DMCAed, hacked, prank called, physically assaulted, and even kicked out of their home. I'm actually quite lucky compared to others.

Then pursue the legally available options; physical assault, I believe, is a felony. Moreover, this is anecdotal; and more to the point: you still have yet to show that I should devote my (unfortunately) limited time to fighting this cause, as opposed to, say, starving children, or malaria, or gay marriage, or the glass ceiling, or catholic child rapists.


Louis TH wrote:And by the way, did I ever say I wore a fursuit? You people really need to research this topic more. The university of California did.

I do not see how this is relevant. Did UoC say you wore a fursuit? Or did they research more than we did? You're being met with apathy, not hostility, and certainly not allegations of fursuit wearing (well, maybe prolescum did, I didn't read his entire post). Not that I give a damn if you wear a fursuit or not. I mean, it's a little weird, but shit there's a ton of weird stuff out there and I don't care much about most of it either.


Louis TH wrote:And you want to know what the worst thing I've ever saw them do? You know that scene from Schindler's list where the stormtrooper shoots that little old lady in the head? What they did was photoshopped that picture where the stormtrooper was made to look like a troll, and the little old lady was made to look like Krystal Fox. You do not mock Schindler's List. What kind of sick motherfucker do you have to be to get a boner out of that?

Maybe they didn't get a boner, maybe they got a chuckle. Moreover, why should I care?


Louis TH wrote:What I'm saying is that if you don't like us, don't join us. And no, we are not being presently oppressed. But a lot of the people who hate us are throwing their lives away over something no one is forcing them to do, even entering the realm of the unlawful. And the scary part is that this movement is not made of rationally minded people. Like TJ said, this is just another hydra of the anti-freedom movement. Have a look for yourself.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriotic_Nigras

Sounds like the people who hate you are losing big time then, and that some of them should be prosecuted.

And *what* anti freedom movement? There's a movement to end freedom now? Who the fuck is in this "movement"? I see a lot of separated groups attempting to infringe or remove freedoms for the people they don't like (e.g. those who oppose homosexuality, those who hate women, those who hate blacks, those who hate liberals, those who hate conservatives), but I don't see some movement to end freedom (except maybe by the supremely powerful).
Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:03 pm
Louis THPosts: 13Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:32 am Gender: Male

Post Re: The SHOCKING truth about furries!!!!!

Hmm, I think this was addressed in the image I linked... On the fair side, you are indeed not saying "you must have seen the CSI episode" like the furry in the comic did... On the critical side, you are saying that I should care, but not why I should care, and at that point it's merely an assertion, one that it is NOT convincing.

That's not the part I'm trying to point out. I was attempting to direct your attention to the part that talks about those who go way too far, and I mean WAY TOO FAR.

I was going to fix these for you, but honestly I think 4 embedded videos in a single post is excessive (please, don't do that... at that point perhaps it is wises to add descriptions of the videos and add links instead of embedding them).

Those last three are actually the same video divided into three segements.
But how can you judge videos you won't even look at?

Then pursue the legally available options; physical assault, I believe, is a felony. Moreover, this is anecdotal; and more to the point: you still have yet to show that I should devote my (unfortunately) limited time to fighting this cause, as opposed to, say, starving children, or malaria, or gay marriage, or the glass ceiling, or catholic child rapists.

We have addressed those problems too, but I'll explain more in a bit.

Did UoC say you wore a fursuit? Or did they research more than we did?

I suppose not.

You're being met with apathy, not hostility, and certainly not allegations of fursuit wearing (well, maybe prolescum did, I didn't read his entire post).

I suppose so, but try reading the entire post. yes, we all make mistakes.

Maybe they didn't get a boner, maybe they got a chuckle. Moreover, why should I care?

Chuckle, boner, whatever. Just goes to show how mentally unstable they are, and how little trust they deserve.

Sounds like the people who hate you are losing big time then, and that some of them should be prosecuted.

It looks like we're establishing some common ground here. But they're still out there.

And *what* anti freedom movement? There's a movement to end freedom now? Who the fuck is in this "movement"? I see a lot of separated groups attempting to infringe or remove freedoms for the people they don't like (e.g. those who oppose homosexuality, those who hate women, those who hate blacks, those who hate liberals, those who hate conservatives), but I don't see some movement to end freedom (except maybe by the supremely powerful).

I was attempting to quote The Amazing Athiest when he was asked what he thought about the anti-gaming movement. Basically what he, and I, are saying is that there a whole lot of different assholes out there, but the shit's all the same.

You may think that they're waining and that their ideology is shrinking, but they could be lying dormant. I've been told that there is an anti-furry administrator running around on taking down all the anthro art, despite there being an entire anthro art section. And a lot of people I know there were wrongfully banned or limited.

And to answer your question about why this is so important, we have been subjected to the same tactics used by Incessim666, VenomFangX, Onision, as well as more. Any advances you make in fighting back against these tactics will benefit us as much as it does you. One part cannot make progress without benefiting the other. WHat the League of Reason hopes the accomplish will help us, and any progress we make will help you.

And yes, there are other problems in the world, but don you think we're doing our part as well? The conventions held all over the world ave very lucerative, which generate revenue for the cities where they are held as well as raise funds for cheritable causes. Not to mention that fursuits cost money, which would create jobs for those making them. FInally, the Furaffinity staff has a partnership program with something called "Folding at Home". It a program that donates processing cycles to Stanford University in order to run the protien folding simulations for cancer research.
http://wiki.furaffinity.net/index.php?title=FAH

Any other questions.
Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:18 am
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 4985Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post Re: The SHOCKING truth about furries!!!!!

Louis TH wrote:Those last three are actually the same video divided into three segements.
But how can you judge videos you won't even look at?


It might be helpful if you articulated your arguments with words on a discussion forum. Not trying to be rude, but I come here mainly to read and comment. It's also quicker to get your point across than having us sit through a series of videos.

You're being met with apathy, not hostility, and certainly not allegations of fursuit wearing (well, maybe prolescum did, I didn't read his entire post).

I suppose so, but try reading the entire post. yes, we all make mistakes.


Lol, I don't think I made any allegations, but I may have used a generality to make my point.

Maybe they didn't get a boner, maybe they got a chuckle. Moreover, why should I care?

Chuckle, boner, whatever. Just goes to show how mentally unstable they are, and how little trust they deserve.


This is part of the problem, actually. The way you've expressed your issues is like a teen with a punctured ego.

Examples:

You people really need to research this topic more.


And you want to know what the worst thing I've ever saw them do? You know that scene from Schindler's list where the stormtrooper shoots that little old lady in the head? What they did was photoshopped that picture where the stormtrooper was made to look like a troll, and the little old lady was made to look like Krystal Fox. You do not mock Schindler's List. What kind of sick motherfucker do you have to be to get a boner out of that?


What I'm saying is that if you don't like us, don't join us


It's almost impossible to take seriously what seems to amount to bitching.

And I don't mean to belittle those that have been negatively affected by association with your group, but if I were to give some constructive criticism, it would be to stop talking about it as if we know what you're referring to and should already know why you're troubled, as if we're already part of the drama.

And *what* anti freedom movement? There's a movement to end freedom now? Who the fuck is in this "movement"? I see a lot of separated groups attempting to infringe or remove freedoms for the people they don't like (e.g. those who oppose homosexuality, those who hate women, those who hate blacks, those who hate liberals, those who hate conservatives), but I don't see some movement to end freedom (except maybe by the supremely powerful).

I was attempting to quote The Amazing Athiest when he was asked what he thought about the anti-gaming movement. Basically what he, and I, are saying is that there a whole lot of different assholes out there, but the shit's all the same.

You may think that they're waining and that their ideology is shrinking, but they could be lying dormant. I've been told that there is an anti-furry administrator running around on taking down all the anthro art, despite there being an entire anthro art section. And a lot of people I know there were wrongfully banned or limited.


I've asked you a few times now, who are 'they'? This is another example of your assuming we already know what you're on about. Anti gaming movement? Where the Alexander Graham Bell did that come from? There's an anti-furry admin where? Why is he taking it down? Why is he anti-furry? How are we to know they were banned wrongly? What the deuce?

And to answer your question about why this is so important, we have been subjected to the same tactics used by Incessim666, VenomFangX, Onision, as well as more. Any advances you make in fighting back against these tactics will benefit us as much as it does you.


The EFF has a pretty good walkthrough on how to proceed after being DMCA'd, it's comprehensive.

One part cannot make progress without benefiting the other. WHat the League of Reason hopes the accomplish will help us, and any progress we make will help you.


One part of what? As far as I'm aware, and it's been re-stated recently in so many words that the 'league of reason' is just a name. There is no 'league', a group of people who, collectively, mount campaigns against so and so for doing such and such. There are just individuals who post on a public board whose one attribute in common is that they are individuals. Of course, some would argue otherwise, but that's what makes it both funny and worthwhile.

And yes, there are other problems in the world, but don you think we're doing our part as well? The conventions held all over the world ave very lucerative, which generate revenue for the cities where they are held as well as raise funds for cheritable causes. Not to mention that fursuits cost money, which would create jobs for those making them. FInally, the Furaffinity staff has a partnership program with something called "Folding at Home". It a program that donates processing cycles to Stanford University in order to run the protien folding simulations for cancer research.
http://wiki.furaffinity.net/index.php?title=FAH

Any other questions.


Yes, why should I care about furrydom or whatever when I equally don't care about trekkies
What is it you want me to do for you
Who are these nefarious 'they'
How much of your time is spent being a crusader for furry-kind
What kind of argument is that last paragraph supposed to be? What are you trying to convince us of, your validity as a sub-group or that there are a bunch of angry guys who hate you and want you gone?
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:15 am
LallapalalableUser avatarPosts: 1205Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:35 pmLocation: That place between childhood and adulthood Gender: Male

Post Re: The SHOCKING truth about furries!!!!!

Louis TH wrote:But then again, why do a lot of these furry haters hang out with anti-semite groups.

That seems to be judging a group based on a few examples. People could have many reasons, based in many ideologies, to hate furries, and to say what you just said is a bit hypocritical.

for the record, Im indifferent towards furries, so dont take it as hate.
"I'm not stupid, I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." Watterson
Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:33 pm
WWW
ImprobableJoeLime TordUser avatarPosts: 6195Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:24 pm

Post Re: The SHOCKING truth about furries!!!!!

I just don't get the Holocaust comparisons. Furries are a bunch of weirdos. People make fun of weirdos. Why should we really care?

Hell, why should the FURRIES care? As has been mentioned before, unless there's some move towards government action involved, or actual physical violence, there's not really anything that can or even should be done. You're free to be into whatever crazy shit you like, and everyone else is free to make fun of you, and then you can call them a bunch of creeps... and that's the Circle of Life! :D

Freedom is messy that way. You're free to do what you like, but you aren't free from mockery. Get over it.
Come visit my blog! There will be punch and pie!
Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:46 pm
Louis THPosts: 13Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:32 am Gender: Male

Post Re: The SHOCKING truth about furries!!!!!

This will be long-winded again, but for a shorter answer, skip to the second to last paragraph.

It might be helpful if you articulated your arguments with words on a discussion forum. Not trying to be rude, but I come here mainly to read and comment. It's also quicker to get your point across than having us sit through a series of videos.

Basically it was a commentary video of someone who wants to legalize furry-hunting season.
This is part of the problem, actually. The way you've expressed your issues is like a teen with a punctured ego.
It's almost impossible to take seriously what seems to amount to bitching.

Now who's making generalizations?

And I don't mean to belittle those that have been negatively affected by association with your group, but if I were to give some constructive criticism, it would be to stop talking about it as if we know what you're referring to and should already know why you're troubled, as if we're already part of the drama.

What else am I supposed to say? I already told you that there are those out there who are trying to hack accounts, impersonate others, intimidate others, use racial and homophobic slurs, file false DMCA's, create libelous accusations, spread computer viruses, expose personal information, blackmail people, physically assault others, break up families, trivialize the holocaust, trivialize 9/11, create all sorts of lies and stereotypes, glamorize murder, and prey upon public preconceptions and ignorance. That answer your question?

Suppose you were a star wars fan. Suppose I were to make multiple accounts to follow you around. Suppose I were to DMCA all your videos just for fun. Then you countered, giving me your private information as well as anyone else I wish to share it with. And then I constantly prank call you driving up your phone bill. And then I tracked you down and punched you in the gut so hard you pee your own blood? All that simply because you're a fan of Star Wars. And the rest of the time, I'm protesting Star Wars conventions and accusing the members of having sex in wookie costumes. How would that make you feel? And don't laugh because that acutally happened to some people.


I've asked you a few times now, who are 'they'?

THEY are the ones trying to destroy us.
THEY are the ones creating youtube communities that violate community guidelines (isn't that ironic?)
THEY are the ones who try to prove they're not opporeesing us by oppressing us.
THEY are the ones who are trying to play God with the internet.
But who are THEY exactly? It's too many to pin down to say specifically. Because THEY are just people who take it way too far because they have no lives.

But I can point to one example, but it's ANOTHER youtube video. This time it's one I created.

That's right, his BEST ARGUMENT is to censor others.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the real enemy is false flagging, flase DMCAs, and general censorship, along with hiding behind "freedom of speech" without realizing that without freedom comes responisbility. And the reason why I'm asking for your help is to prevent them from vandalizing the internet with their filth.

This is another example of your assuming we already know what you're on about. Anti gaming movement? Where the Alexander Graham Bell did that come from? There's an anti-furry admin where? Why is he taking it down? Why is he anti-furry? How are we to know they were banned wrongly? What the deuce?

.....................................................Are you reading my statements out of context now??? Are you even paying attention? The point that I was trying to make is that there are always uptight people out there who want to control and regulate EVERYTING, and if we don't watch out, these punks will be the next generation of such. That's why I, along with TJ said that it's all the anti-freedom movement. As for the DeviantArt thing, I can prove it but it's another YT video.

One part of what? As far as I'm aware, and it's been re-stated recently in so many words that the 'league of reason' is just a name. There is no 'league', a group of people who, collectively, mount campaigns against so and so for doing such and such. There are just individuals who post on a public board whose one attribute in common is that they are individuals. Of course, some would argue otherwise, but that's what makes it both funny and worthwhile.

How can the League of Reason claim to fight censorship and help those who are being silenced when it comes to things like science and technology, but simply look the other way when it comes to anything else? I find that extremely hipocritical. I thought more of you.

Yes, why should I care about furrydom or whatever when I equally don't care about trekkies

Because they're more understood than us, but if they had the same problems. But I'm not doing this for SPECIAL treatment, I'm doing this ofr FAIR treatment. Because you don't HAVE to be part of a minority group to be wrongfully silenced. If this happened to trekkies too, why not help them out? I'm not saying that you have to beinterested in EVERY fanbase, but that's no reason to oppress them either. And even LESS of a reason to stand by and let it happen.

What is it you want me to do for you

You can subscribe to my channel, you can help dilute troll voting, and most importantly you can understand that no one is free when others are oppressed. I've told you time after time again that these people who hate us are going WAY too far, are doing it just for their own ammusement, and that you never know when you might be next.

Who are these nefarious 'they'
Who else? The scum of the internet who waste their lives as moronic thrill seekers.

How much of your time is spent being a crusader for furry-kind

As much as I need to.

What kind of argument is that last paragraph supposed to be? What are you trying to convince us of, your validity as a sub-group or that there are a bunch of angry guys who hate you and want you gone?

There ARE a bunch of angry guys who DO want me gone. Don't get me wrong, every now and then someone pokes a little fun at fanbases now and then. Heck, some fanbases do it to themselves. But that's no excuse for these haters out there who cross the line every way they can. Doing things for ammusement is not a get out of jail free card, especially if they don't think we deserve even the most basic of human rights.

In a nutshell, people who share my interests are being systematically silenced by basement dwellers who think they own the internet and that they're above the law. And because of it it's really difficult for me to enjoy myself right now. There, that's all this is about. I cannot make it any simpler than that.

That seems to be judging a group based on a few examples. People could have many reasons, based in many ideologies, to hate furries, and to say what you just said is a bit hypocritical.

for the record, Im indifferent towards furries, so dont take it as hate.
Louis TH wrote:But then again, why do a lot of these furry haters hang out with anti-semite groups.

That seems to be judging a group based on a few examples. People could have many reasons, based in many ideologies, to hate furries, and to say what you just said is a bit hypocritical.

for the record, Im indifferent towards furries, so dont take it as hate.

There are some people who I know who are not comfortable with my interests that I get along with fine. The reason for that is because they don't constantly give me shit for it. And for the last time, I'm not saying it's anywhere nearly as bad as the holocaust, I'm saying there were some people who WISH it were that bad. THeer's a saying that goes like this, those who don't understand the arguments of their opponent do not truly understand their own. Good natured humor is one thing, fucking with people's lives is something else. Besides, when was the last time someone was kicked out of their home because they were a sci-fi fan?
Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:59 pm
ImprobableJoeLime TordUser avatarPosts: 6195Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:24 pm

Post Re: The SHOCKING truth about furries!!!!!

This is all crybaby nonsense...

Lots of people make fun of the fat guy at ComicCon in the Batman costume, but you don't see him joining random websites to whine about it! And really, I think more people care about the Fatman dude than about all of the furries put together.

Here's what I see: Louis TH joins a website and immediately makes a giant spectacle of his furry predilections and supposed bias against it. No one is particularly interested, so he takes a couple of hyperbole pills and compares his plight to the Holocaust. Now no one is taking the furry part seriously but plenty of folks take exception to the nonsensical comparison and ask for evidence. Louis TH pops two more hyperbole pills and gets his weekly paranoia injection, and starts rambling about some mysterious "they" who cannot be named OR pointed to as an example, who are nevertheless trying to silence him or end his fur-covered hobby. Then someone (usually me! :twisted: ) shows up and makes fun of the whole messy business, not giving a shit if he wants to jerk off on a stuffed animal or dress like Saturn and hang himself by his ankles from a tree. Then I get to be counted as one of that evil "they" cabal who is persecuting him for his beliefs or some bullshit.

Dude, go fur yourself! :lol:
Come visit my blog! There will be punch and pie!
Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:20 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 4985Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post Re: The SHOCKING truth about furries!!!!!

Louis TH wrote:This will be long-winded again, but for a shorter answer, skip to the second to last paragraph.

It might be helpful if you articulated your arguments with words on a discussion forum. Not trying to be rude, but I come here mainly to read and comment. It's also quicker to get your point across than having us sit through a series of videos.

Basically it was a commentary video of someone who wants to legalize furry-hunting season.
This is part of the problem, actually. The way you've expressed your issues is like a teen with a punctured ego.
It's almost impossible to take seriously what seems to amount to bitching.

Now who's making generalizations?


Er, I didn't attack you for making generalisations, why the defensive question? I was referring to your language in this thread.

And I don't mean to belittle those that have been negatively affected by association with your group, but if I were to give some constructive criticism, it would be to stop talking about it as if we know what you're referring to and should already know why you're troubled, as if we're already part of the drama.

What else am I supposed to say? I already told you that there are those out there who are trying to hack accounts, impersonate others, intimidate others, use racial and homophobic slurs, file false DMCA's, create libelous accusations, spread computer viruses, expose personal information, blackmail people, physically assault others, break up families, trivialize the holocaust, trivialize 9/11, create all sorts of lies and stereotypes, glamorize murder, and prey upon public preconceptions and ignorance. That answer your question?


No, I could say the same about anyone on the internet. Give me something real, like some evidence. A video where someone makes the above claims also without evidence means nothing.

Suppose you were a star wars fan. Suppose I were to make multiple accounts to follow you around. Suppose I were to DMCA all your videos just for fun. Then you countered, giving me your private information as well as anyone else I wish to share it with. And then I constantly prank call you driving up your phone bill. And then I tracked you down and punched you in the gut so hard you pee your own blood? All that simply because you're a fan of Star Wars. And the rest of the time, I'm protesting Star Wars conventions and accusing the members of having sex in wookie costumes. How would that make you feel? And don't laugh because that acutally happened to some people.


Then you take it to the proprietors.


I've asked you a few times now, who are 'they'?

THEY are the ones trying to destroy us.
THEY are the ones creating youtube communities that violate community guidelines (isn't that ironic?)
THEY are the ones who try to prove they're not opporeesing us by oppressing us.
THEY are the ones who are trying to play God with the internet.
But who are THEY exactly? It's too many to pin down to say specifically. Because THEY are just people who take it way too far because they have no lives.


What is wrong with you? Details, chap, details are needed.

But I can point to one example, but it's ANOTHER youtube video. This time it's one I created.

That's right, his BEST ARGUMENT is to censor others.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the real enemy is false flagging, flase DMCAs, and general censorship, along with hiding behind "freedom of speech" without realizing that without freedom comes responisbility. And the reason why I'm asking for your help is to prevent them from vandalizing the internet with their filth.


And yet all you've done is throw allegations at a bunch of people you won't identify despite repeatedly being asked for it. You want to be taken seriously? Take it seriously.

This is another example of your assuming we already know what you're on about. Anti gaming movement? Where the Alexander Graham Bell did that come from? There's an anti-furry admin where? Why is he taking it down? Why is he anti-furry? How are we to know they were banned wrongly? What the deuce?

.....................................................Are you reading my statements out of context now??? Are you even paying attention? The point that I was trying to make is that there are always uptight people out there who want to control and regulate EVERYTING, and if we don't watch out, these punks will be the next generation of such. That's why I, along with TJ said that it's all the anti-freedom movement. As for the DeviantArt thing, I can prove it but it's another YT video.


So it's deviantart you're talking about is it? Finally... Who the hell is TJ? THIS is what I was talking about. I suppose you won't get it this time either.

One part of what? As far as I'm aware, and it's been re-stated recently in so many words that the 'league of reason' is just a name. There is no 'league', a group of people who, collectively, mount campaigns against so and so for doing such and such. There are just individuals who post on a public board whose one attribute in common is that they are individuals. Of course, some would argue otherwise, but that's what makes it both funny and worthwhile.

How can the League of Reason claim to fight censorship and help those who are being silenced when it comes to things like science and technology, but simply look the other way when it comes to anything else? I find that extremely hipocritical. I thought more of you.


Read that again. Go on. This time I've highlighted the important part that you've missed.

Yes, why should I care about furrydom or whatever when I equally don't care about trekkies

Because they're more understood than us, but if they had the same problems. But I'm not doing this for SPECIAL treatment, I'm doing this ofr FAIR treatment. Because you don't HAVE to be part of a minority group to be wrongfully silenced. If this happened to trekkies too, why not help them out? I'm not saying that you have to beinterested in EVERY fanbase, but that's no reason to oppress them either. And even LESS of a reason to stand by and let it happen.


You still haven't convinced me that I should have anything to do with this nor that you're being silenced.

What is it you want me to do for you

You can subscribe to my channel, you can help dilute troll voting, and most importantly you can understand that no one is free when others are oppressed. I've told you time after time again that these people who hate us are going WAY too far, are doing it just for their own ammusement, and that you never know when you might be next.


I would never watch your channel so there's no reason to subscribe, especially if this thread is any indication of the level of sophistication of your videos.

Who are these nefarious 'they'
Who else? The scum of the internet who waste their lives as moronic thrill seekers.


And the scum of the internet are...?

How much of your time is spent being a crusader for furry-kind

As much as I need to.


Hmm.

What kind of argument is that last paragraph supposed to be? What are you trying to convince us of, your validity as a sub-group or that there are a bunch of angry guys who hate you and want you gone?

There ARE a bunch of angry guys who DO want me gone. Don't get me wrong, every now and then someone pokes a little fun at fanbases now and then. Heck, some fanbases do it to themselves. But that's no excuse for these haters out there who cross the line every way they can. Doing things for ammusement is not a get out of jail free card, especially if they don't think we deserve even the most basic of human rights.


Which human rights are they saying you don't deserve? Bear in mind I have a copy of the declaration in my sitting room.

In a nutshell, people who share my interests are being systematically silenced by basement dwellers who think they own the internet and that they're above the law. And because of it it's really difficult for me to enjoy myself right now. There, that's all this is about. I cannot make it any simpler than that.


Yes you can, you can point me to examples of having false DMCAs, tell me who in particular has a gripe with you, with examples, and stop blowing it out of proportion. Also, no more anecdotes, thank you.
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:23 pm
Louis THPosts: 13Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:32 am Gender: Male

Post Re: The SHOCKING truth about furries!!!!!

You want a specific example? I'll give you a specific example.
http://forums.leagueofreason.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5288
And this joker is just one example of what many others just like him are coordinating to do. And the reason why I call him a joker is because he likes to watch the world burn.

That answer your questions?
Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:12 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 4985Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post Re: The SHOCKING truth about furries!!!!!

Louis TH wrote:You want a specific example? I'll give you a specific example.
http://forums.leagueofreason.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5288
And this joker is just one example of what many others just like him are coordinating to do. And the reason why I call him a joker is because he likes to watch the world burn.

That answer your questions?


Not in the slightest. You've failed to support your claim of 'an army' of people, failed to show that it's anything other than someone taking the piss out of you because you're a drama queen and ignored many of my requests for actual data. Why in Spike Milligan's name should I trust a single word you say when you can't even be straight with me and keep avoiding offering any substantial data despite repeated requests? It's abundant according to you...

I think the answer to that is clear at this point.

That video was the most peurile I've seen in years. It's a collection of insults aimed towards someone who supposedly is a number of people (although I noticed the caption saying you couldn't even confirm they were the same person) and is, according to you, responsible for a bunch of stuff you don't support with any evidence. Or even any real detail. It's only an example of pettiness as far as I can see.

To be honest, I've given you ample opportunity to convince me that you're not wasting my time and you've resoundly failed.

I wish you the best of luck trying to rally anyone to your cause with this drivel.
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:00 pm
LallapalalableUser avatarPosts: 1205Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:35 pmLocation: That place between childhood and adulthood Gender: Male

Post Re: The SHOCKING truth about furries!!!!!

Louis TH wrote:
What is it you want me to do for you

You can subscribe to my channel, you can help dilute troll voting, and most importantly you can understand that no one is free when others are oppressed. I've told you time after time again that these people who hate us are going WAY too far, are doing it just for their own ammusement, and that you never know when you might be next.

There is another thread, in the General Discussion board, about someone who wants to garner support in a personal campaign of theirs against a Thai travel forum because they censor information on global warming. Yes, censorship hits a chord with most of the people here, but the site itselft does not pose a reasonable threat to free speech as much as the poster makes it out to be. The same applied with this, in that yes, its a shame this is happening, but we are not part of the community and therefore we feel our time is better spent in different ways (imagine going to the mayors office in another town because your neighbor was tearing down your fence. They would tell you to go to your own mayor and stop wasting their time). Im more than sure you can find support within your own group(s) and pull a successful counter campaign if you just try.

You want us to put our energy and time into combatting something that does not directly concern us? We have our own problems with censorship that require our time, attention and energy.
"I'm not stupid, I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." Watterson
Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:51 am
WWW
Next
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 2
 [ 40 posts ] 
Return to Networking

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests