Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

York, United Kingdom

[ 12 posts ] 
York, United Kingdom
DioptrePosts: 1Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:13 pm Gender: Male

Post York, United Kingdom

I'm putting together a list of people in York who might be interested in a regular skeptic event.
Contact me here or as Dioptre on twitter if you'd like to be on the list.
Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:16 pm
Your Funny UncleUser avatarPosts: 556Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 11:38 amLocation: UK Gender: Male

Post Re: York, United Kingdom

I'm up for it, but then you knew that... Anyone else in the York area?
“I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse.” - Isaac Asimov
Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:06 pm
SquawkModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2011Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:25 pm Gender: Tree

Maybe

I'm not exactly close, Barnsley, but I went to Uni in York. I can get there in about 45 mins + parking.
Pope Rat: "Exclusion of God, religion and virtue from public life leads ultimately to a truncated vision of man and of society and thus a reductive vision of a person and his destiny."

Squawk response: "O Rly?"
Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:16 pm
MRaverzPosts: 1838Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:00 am Gender: Pinecone

I'm interested, but then again I suggested you make this thread. :P
Last edited by MRaverz on Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:25 pm
nasher168League LegendUser avatarPosts: 2518Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:34 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

York is accessible to me but I certainly couldn't go on a regular basis. Maybe a one-off on a weekend sometime.
A great Charity
Apologies for my absence of late.
Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:57 pm
Your Funny UncleUser avatarPosts: 556Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 11:38 amLocation: UK Gender: Male

Not trying to do us out of attendees, but did you know that both Sheffield and Leeds have a regular Skeptics in the Pub, Squawk? I go to the Leeds one most months. Sheffield is a bit tougher as it's in the evening and there aren't many late trains back. Obviously living in York I'm keen to get this one off the ground, too!
“I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse.” - Isaac Asimov
Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:00 am
SquawkModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2011Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:25 pm Gender: Tree

The Sheffield one I was aware of, Peter Harrison of Dawkins Forum blog fame is a member, but for whatever reason I haven't pootled along yet.
Pope Rat: "Exclusion of God, religion and virtue from public life leads ultimately to a truncated vision of man and of society and thus a reductive vision of a person and his destiny."

Squawk response: "O Rly?"
Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:46 am

I've heard word of York Humanists and York Brights, I don't have contact information just yet but I should have it soon.
Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:58 pm

Brights... Sorry but I just can't stand that term. It seems so arrogant.
Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:11 am

Your Funny Uncle wrote:Brights... Sorry but I just can't stand that term. It seems so arrogant.

I completely agree, but I figured I'd let people know in case there are any 'Brights' here. :P
Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:59 am
australopithecusAdministratorUser avatar
Posts: 4241Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Bloody Northerners with t'Viking towns.
Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:39 pm

australopithecus wrote:Bloody Northerners with t'Viking towns.

Hey! York was founded by the Romans! It was known as Eboracum before it was ever Jorvik.
Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:45 am
 [ 12 posts ] 
Return to Networking