Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

G+

[ 18 posts ] 
G+
kenandkidsUser avatarPosts: 1117Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:00 pm Gender: Pinecone

Post G+

Who is on G+? I am, so look for kenandkids at gmail dot com. Kenneth Dunlap is the real name. I really like the site. For the moment it is like a streamlined FB for adults and professionals. It's also very nice to have personal interactions with some favourite scientists and bloggers, people like PZ Myers and Phil Plait.
Teapublican commandment:
Thou shalt not educate or improve the lives of the lesser classes, the lesser races, or women.

Fiddler on:

http://obnoxi.us/
Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:34 am
televatorUser avatarPosts: 1252Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:02 amLocation: In hell, rocking out with Satan! Gender: Cake

Post Re: G+

You've been circled. My screen name here is part of my gmail account name already. So you'll know when you see it. I'm not a big social networking guy, but I've used google for a long time for all sorts of things already. Resistance if futile.
a·the·ism: The absence of belief in god(s)

There are no additional, claims, laws, commandments, rules, doctrines, presuppositions, stand alone ideologies, dogmas, and/or faith based beliefs required by or inevitably derived from atheism.
Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:44 am
kenandkidsUser avatarPosts: 1117Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:00 pm Gender: Pinecone

televator wrote:You've been circled. My screen name here is part of my gmail account name already. So you'll know when you see it. I'm not a big social networking guy, but I've used google for a long time for all sorts of things already. Resistance if futile.

I didn't see it. Can you message me so that /i can put you in an appropriate circle please?
Teapublican commandment:
Thou shalt not educate or improve the lives of the lesser classes, the lesser races, or women.

Fiddler on:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:32 am
Thomas DoubtingUser avatarPosts: 443Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:02 pmLocation: 6th Circle of Hell Gender: Tree

is there anybody who could send me an invite? i've been waiting forever..
ORLY? Not buying that, try again.
Want to convert me? Give me your best shot!
Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:28 am
CaseUser avatarPosts: 1080Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:40 pm Gender: Cake

Thomas Doubting wrote:is there anybody who could send me an invite? i've been waiting forever..

Well, obviously you're unpopular.
I am determined that my children shall be brought up in their father's religion, if they can find out what it is.
Charles Lamb (1775 - 1834)

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:17 pm
Thomas DoubtingUser avatarPosts: 443Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:02 pmLocation: 6th Circle of Hell Gender: Tree

i don't know anybody who is using it, and wasn't asking people to invite me, i just "registered" on the page
And yes i am unpopular, not that i would care to be popular or base my popularity on some stupid chat thingy with so many being around, which is also a reason why i normally ignore them and run away when somebody invites me, i saw the topic here and thought i would ask, sorry if that wasted so much of your precious time, i know you popular folks are way too busy for unworthy mortals like me :lol:
Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:52 pm

Thomas Doubting wrote:is there anybody who could send me an invite? i've been waiting forever..

If I had your email address I could...
Teapublican commandment:

Fiddler on:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:24 pm

kenandkids wrote:

If I had your email address I could...

Prolescum took care of it (if it was supposed to be anonymously let me know to edit it)
But thank you very much!! :)
Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:52 pm
nasher168League LegendUser avatarPosts: 2518Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:34 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

Ooh, someone invite me as well. :D I know a few people on it, but I've not been fussed much. Might as well see what it's all about. :)

EDIT: cheers, Prolescum
A great Charity
Apologies for my absence of late.
Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:45 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 4994Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Aye.
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:23 pm
SquawkModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2011Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:25 pm Gender: Tree

I have vague recollections of signing up, not used it since. Might take another peak.
Pope Rat: "Exclusion of God, religion and virtue from public life leads ultimately to a truncated vision of man and of society and thus a reductive vision of a person and his destiny."

Squawk response: "O Rly?"
Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:46 pm
televatorUser avatarPosts: 1252Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:02 amLocation: In hell, rocking out with Satan! Gender: Cake

Are you all PMing emails to each other now?
a·the·ism: The absence of belief in god(s)

There are no additional, claims, laws, commandments, rules, doctrines, presuppositions, stand alone ideologies, dogmas, and/or faith based beliefs required by or inevitably derived from atheism.
Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:53 am
Your Funny UncleUser avatarPosts: 556Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 11:38 amLocation: UK Gender: Male

“I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse.” - Isaac Asimov
Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:09 am
CaseUser avatarPosts: 1080Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:40 pm Gender: Cake

Squawk wrote:I have vague recollections of signing up, not used it since. Might take another peak.

A peak:

A peek:
I am determined that my children shall be brought up in their father's religion, if they can find out what it is.
Charles Lamb (1775 - 1834)

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:03 am
SquawkModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2011Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:25 pm Gender: Tree

Pope Rat: "Exclusion of God, religion and virtue from public life leads ultimately to a truncated vision of man and of society and thus a reductive vision of a person and his destiny."

Squawk response: "O Rly?"
Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:08 pm
AJKernsPosts: 1Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 3:17 amLocation: Ky Gender: Female

I'm on G+, though I don't get on it much.
Angela J Kerns
Mon May 28, 2012 2:01 am
CEbbesenPosts: 224Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:46 amLocation: Seoul, South Korea. Gender: Male

I often forget that Goole Plus exist.

http://www.gplus.to/cebbesen
Nvidia, Fuck you!
- Linus Torvalds
Wed May 30, 2012 8:01 am
LallapalalableUser avatarPosts: 1205Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:35 pmLocation: That place between childhood and adulthood Gender: Male

After catching myself researching credit scores and Fico history, I've determined that I'm getting too boring for Facebook. It might take some getting used to, but I'll give social networking without song lyrics or ambiguous passive aggressive jabs from scorned lovers a chance. ericdbode@gmail.com, profile pic is a black puppy (because it's bad enough I have to use my real name, as making a google account feels that serious). And don't be shy! I've been medicated properly in the past year and now I'm just unbearable enough that it won't cause any long term repercussions.
"I'm not stupid, I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." Watterson
Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:32 am
 [ 18 posts ] 
Return to Networking