Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

I DARE Waza-Minooo44 TO ANSWER MY SIMPLE QUESTION!!!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 10 posts ] 
I DARE Waza-Minooo44 TO ANSWER MY SIMPLE QUESTION!!!
6ixMonsterPosts: 6Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:23 pm Gender: Male

Post I DARE Waza-Minooo44 TO ANSWER MY SIMPLE QUESTION!!!

Why should I disprove the existance of anything? If something's not real then it is not disprovable.

I could say that I control your thoughts but you couldn't disprove it because I coud actually be making you think that your own when there mine. It's un-disprovable but you'd probably deny it.
Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:05 pm
OnkelCannabiaUser avatarPosts: 156Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:46 pmLocation: Germany

Post Re: I DARE Waza-Minooo44 TO ANSWER MY SIMPLE QUESTION!!!

6ixMonster wrote:Why should I disprove the existance of anything? If something's not real then it is not disprovable.

I could say that I control your thoughts but you couldn't disprove it because I coud actually be making you think that your own when there mine. It's un-disprovable but you'd probably deny it.

I think his post was just a drive-by
Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:26 pm
nasher168League LegendUser avatarPosts: 2518Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:34 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

He will never respond. If he does he will merely spout his "DISBELIEVE=DENY" bullshit.
A great Charity
Apologies for my absence of late.
Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:17 pm
MRaverzPosts: 1838Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:00 am Gender: Pinecone

OnkelCannabia wrote:
6ixMonster wrote:Why should I disprove the existance of anything? If something's not real then it is not disprovable.

Life is hard in the ghetto.
Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:07 pm
Waza-Minooo44Posts: 75Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:31 am Gender: Male

6ixMonster wrote: Why should I disprove the existance of anything?

your definition says god :

http://www.onelook.com/?w=atheist&ls=c

Atheist
â–¸ noun: someone who DENIES THE EXISTENCE OF GOD

either you answer the question or you are proving to me you are following conjecture belief.

6ixMonster wrote:If something's not real then it is not disprovable.

why do you mean by "not real" ???

6ixMonster wrote:I could say that I control your thoughts but you couldn't disprove it because I coud actually be making you think that your own when there mine. It's un-disprovable but you'd probably deny it.

let me remind you the rules of my questions . In order to answer this question of mine you have to follow these rules:

Rule number 1) Don't go OFF TOPICS ( for ex: fairy tales, Unicorn , Pokemon, etc..... )

Rule number 2) don't plagiarize Creationist argument .

Rule number 3) if you want to prove your positions don't try to refute my own argument .try to bring one argument that refutes the existence of god. We need balance here. Refuting my own argument and then you don't bring your own argument is waste of time for both sides.

Rule number 4) no scripture ( for example : Quran , bible .. etc) will be used in this argument .

Now you are violating the question of mine . You are violating Rule no 1 which says"Don't go off topics ( for ex: fairy tales, Unicorn , Pokemon, etc..... )" instead of proving your position you went OFF TOPICS . Your ID says :

http://www.onelook.com/?w=atheist&ls=c

atheism
/aythi-izm/
"¢ noun the belief that GOD DOES NOT EXIST.

so i'm asking does your ID says "control your thoughts" ??? non of us make clear claim that "control your thoughts" doesn't exists or it exists. Whereas , both of us make clear claim that god exists or doesn't exists and all what i asked for is to prove your position that's all. I already prove my position by giving argument that prove the existence of god . So it's your job to prove God doesn't exists .

[
[ Quran 21:18 ]
Nay, We hurl the Truth against falsehood, and IT KNOCKS OUT ITS BRAIN, and behold, falsehood doth perish! Ah! woe be to you for the (false) things ye ascribe (to Us).
Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:00 am
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5009Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

MRaverz wrote:
OnkelCannabia wrote:

Life is hard in the ghetto.

if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:19 am
nemesissUser avatarPosts: 1259Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:29 pm

waza, i have to repeat my argument (which you didn't answer, mere run away and do other stuff) again.

the problem lies in this sentence itself;

Quick definitions (atheist)

â–¸ noun: someone who denies the existence of god

this implies that A god exist (not explaining which god or gods) [1].
The problem is that ... there is no evidence for a god.
if there was proof for a god, then it could be desproven.
hence why no one can disproof a non-existant entity.

the only so-called evidence people bring, which they think proofs their god is scriptures, be it the quran, the bible or perhaps a weird roll of TP with strange ink patterns [4].
Other things we do see happen alot is that people make wrong assumptions, based on their limited knowledge... such as the internet-hype; The PINECONE [2].

and by just stating these facts; Rule #1, #2 and #4 have already been breached.

As for the arguments-proposal;
YOUR position is that a god does exist
the position of most people here is that your god doesn't exist, with an error margin 10^ -1,000,000.

so its basically your word against ours.
sure, you are welcome to invite other people , such as friends, family, pets, teachers to join in assist in defending your position. we certainly won't deny them from joining.. unless they start behaving like idiots, who soul purpose is to just insult people and post complete non-sense for the sake of their own pleasure ( better known as trolling).

So in short;

What evidence is their for a god*, that cannot be explained via naturalistic explenation?

*we assume it will be evidence of the god of the muslims, but if you got evidence for other gods, suchs as those of the greeks or the chinese or those tribalmen living in the amazone... we don't mind, were not that picky.

additionally, i would use the definition of the oxford dictionary

Pronunciation:/ˈeɪθɪɪst/noun
a person who does not believe in the existence of God or gods
link: http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/view/ ... _gb0977070
Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:55 am
NelsonUser avatarPosts: 183Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:52 pmLocation: British Columbia Gender: Male

Can we not start another pointless thread like this? I have a very simple answer. Here it is:

You do not understand English well enough to have a discussion in this forum. I am not trying to be insulting, but language was clearly a barrier in that last 21-page shit storm of a thread. What is your native language? Maybe we have some speakers here that can explain why NO ONE agrees with your definition of atheism, specifically, what the word deny implies.
I have approximate answers, and possible beliefs, and different degrees of certainty about different things, but I’m not absolutely sure of anything, and there are many things I don’t know anything about. - Richard Feynman -
Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:25 pm
nemesissUser avatarPosts: 1259Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:29 pm

Nelson wrote:Can we not start another pointless thread like this? I have a very simple answer. Here it is:

You do not understand English well enough to have a discussion in this forum. I am not trying to be insulting, but language was clearly a barrier in that last 21-page shit storm of a thread. What is your native language? Maybe we have some speakers here that can explain why NO ONE agrees with your definition of atheism, specifically, what the word deny implies.

personally, i don't think language has to be such a problem.
certainly when applying the following: Keep It Simple and Stupid , KISS.
this is a simple guideline, that you should keep your post as simple as possible and that any person who has little understanding of the subject (aka stupid) can understand it. off course there are certain terms which the other person are not familiar with and can't be more simplified then it already is, such as the term "puncuated iquilibrium" in evolution comversations. then its up to the person reading it to grab the dictionary (or google / wiki search it) and the research what it means.

unfortunately, when it comes to certain people... they don't do their part.
hence why there have been some very stupid debates here, which is more a squable between a teacher and a student who thinks he understands it better then the teacher.

back on topic.
indeed Nelson does have a strong argument.
If a person, like Waza, has little understanding of the language being used. in most cases it turns more into a lecture, then a discussion.
not just his but the recent debate testify it. Phi tran tried to argue against evolution, but had so little understanding of it that Aron-ra mostly was explaining what was lacking in his understanding that there was hardly any real debate going on.
perhaps the best way to solve most of the problem is indeed by learning abit more english.

you certainly can increase your experience here, by communicating in english with the other users here.
though a discussion like you tried to force, where you misread most what is said, copying answers from somewhere else which you clearly didn't understand yourself, quote-mining the other users, going way off-topic with certain things... it didn't make you very popular, and thats gonna help you much. for you its best to refrain from entering those discussion and stay on the sideline.

i certainly found it interesting to see you try to worm out of certain arguments, though thats my personal opinion.
it was an interesting learning process, like the so-called debate between don exodus2 and nephilimfree.
Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:54 pm
SchrodingersFinchLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 275Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:25 pmLocation: Finland Gender: Male

Let's not wait until another 21 pages.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt."
- Richard P. Feynman
Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:16 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 10 posts ] 
Return to Atheism & Theism