where else can you find us?

The League of Reason still has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Creationist Inquiry

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 5 of 5
 [ 82 posts ] 
Creationist Inquiry
Author Message
Master_Ghost_KnightContributorUser avatarPosts: 2630Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:57 pmLocation: Netherlands Gender: Male

Post Re: Creationist Inquiry

abelcainsbrother wrote:LOL! This is ridiculous! Only biologists accept evolution and all of the evidence of fossils and death and extinction is not looked at from an evolution perspective.And just hide behind all the made up evidence used to explain how life evolves without evidence that demonstrates life evolves.

Seth, you keep telling this, but this ain't true. People have shown you evidence. You were to obtuse to try and understand what it meant.
We tried to engage and make you understand it. And all you did was to put out a circus act who's sole purpose was to avoid to answer any question and to avoid making any commitments that would force you to think. You are ignorant, you are willing ignorant, and worst than that you shown that you are capable of going trough great lengths and jump trough all the hoops so that you remain ignorant.
You can claim that you don't understand it. However you can not claim that there is no evidence, because evidence has been presented to you.

abelcainsbrother wrote:I have evidence a former world perished in this earth

No you don't. What evidence is that?
What is a a "former" world? What would it make a world "former"? What would you mean by a world perished?
And what data points can you point to that shows that the particular world you are referring to meats those requirements?

abelcainsbrother wrote:and you do not have evidence that demonstrates life evolves.

Even you accept that dog's evolved from wolfs, tough you don't call it that. All that you don't agree is to the extent to which life is capable of changing and how related every other species is to one another.
There is no evidence for this you say?
Oh, I don't know, except for almost everything from genetics, comparative morphology and physiology, to the fossil record.

abelcainsbrother wrote:One theory is backup by evidence and the other is based on belief.How can you deny this?

Yes, evolution is backed up by evidence, the "gap fluff" is not. We agree on that.

abelcainsbrother wrote:Is it because you have a bias against the bible being right to the point that no evidence will change your mind?

Here is a thing that you might have not considered. It doesn't matter what we think about the bible. If you have a doubt about a scientific claim being right or wrong, here is where you don't get evidence from. A fucking book! Some people would claim that books are magical, but they don't come from magic. They don't magically know all the answers. Books come about because people write them, the ideas expressed in them are the ideas that the authors imprinted in to them. Consulting a book is equivalent of consulting other human beings taught in the past by means of ink committed to paper.



Its not authoritative just because it is in paper. When you are consulting the bible you are not doing anything else than to consult someone else in the past about what do they think about the subject. You are not doing anything else than to reiterate the same mistakes that other people already claim is a mistake.

Specially the bible, when you say that you get your knowledge from the bible instead of believing in scientists, what you are saying is. "Hey I think that this tale from a goat herder who knew nothing about the world, who was probably demented, whose words have been distorted by scribes who didn't even speak the same language, knows more than scientist today".

Stop telling me that there are other people that think the same way you do. I already know that there are people that think like you do, namely you. And I am unconvinced by that. Further more, I have already heard all those people and what they had to say, I had followed the path that they have traced and came-up with the conclusion that it is wrong. I'm way ahead of you in that regard.

Do you want to convince me? Show me something in the real world I can look at!


abelcainsbrother wrote:I can tell you this,I would accept evolution if there was real evidence life evolves,but there is'nt.

Well, there is evidence. Do you want to take a look at them? Are you willing to follow along with me for a while to look at them? After all you can always go back to where you come from if you find out that I was wrong.
"I have an irrefutable argument for the existence of...." NO, STOP! You are already wrong!
Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:46 pm
Grumpy SantaPosts: 230Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:27 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: Creationist Inquiry

abelcainsbrother wrote:
Yes,all life perished when the former world perished,we are talking,all life suddenly dying and quickly because of a flood of the heavens and earth which blocked out sunlight causing all life to die,we get this from what the bible describes in many places and the evidence in the earth confirms it.There were at least 3 extinction events before the former would perished until God created this world on the earth in Genesis 1.



I'm hoping you realize this never happened but sadly have to assume you aren't. Even with the major extinction events there's no point in the geological column where life disappears completely then restarts at some advanced level. It's simply not there at all, anywhere. You're making nothing more than an assertion with no evidence to support. Unless... maybe you simply forgot to post the evidence? That would be nice... could you please post the evidence of times when life simply went away (these "gaps" of which you speak) and restarted later?

abelcainsbrother wrote:LOL! This is ridiculous! Only biologists accept evolution and all of the evidence of fossils and death and extinction is not looked at from an evolution perspective.And just hide behind all the made up evidence used to explain how life evolves without evidence that demonstrates life evolves.

I have evidence a former world perished in this earth and you do not have evidence that demonstrates life evolves.One theory is backup by evidence and the other is based on belief.How can you deny this? Is it because you have a bias against the bible being right to the point that no evidence will change your mind?I can tell you this,I would accept evolution if there was real evidence life evolves,but there is'nt.


Oh snap! You DO have evidence?! Man, this is going to be great. I'm going to settle in right here and wait for this evidence. It should be exciting, world changing stuff. Hey, who wouldn't want to be in on world changing data? OK... I'm ready.

Show me the data.
J. R. R. Tolkien was a Middle Earth Creationist.
Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:17 pm
Previous
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 5 of 5
 [ 82 posts ] 
Return to Creationism/ID

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests