Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Ark Encounter Opens

[ 27 posts ] 
Ark Encounter Opens
hackenslashLime TordUser avatarPosts: 2199Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:43 pm Gender: Cake

Post Ark Encounter Opens

Arse-gravy in Genesis' new 'world-c;ass themed attraction opened today. There was some terrible crowd trouble, as can be seen here at the ticket office at 2.30pm:

Which prompted this discussion:

And these incredible scenes from the car park:

So I had a little fun:

To be fair, there was at least a decent crowd... at the freethinkers' protest!

Couldn't have worked out much better, all in all.

Photos courtesy of David Silverman.
Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:32 am
itsdemtitansBloggerUser avatarPosts: 694Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:36 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: Ark Encounter Opens

This ark encounter nonsense doesn't sadden me more than pisses me off, and for a simple reason:

They use the gas provided by geology, and the metals and minerals provided by modern geology, to build their monument to human ignorance. These materials were gotten by geologic models which predicted where to find them and located them, something not possible in their flood geology. They then spit in the face of the hardworking geologists who got them their materials.

Makes me sick.
"If evidence could shake the Protestant Faith, then there would be no Protestant Faith" ~Donovan Lafferty
Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:47 am
CollecemallPosts: 320Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:53 am

Unreal. You would think this sort of thinking were rare. Unfortunately I run into it every day. Living in the south sucks for that. I'm surrounded by fools who think this fable is true and that Adam and Eve were real. There is literally nothing that will convince them that none of it can be true. I've invited a few of them here but shockingly they don't actually want to confront their beliefs. Much easier to ask stupid questions they don't actually want answers to.
"Every man is a creature of the age in which he lives, and few are able to raise themselves above the ideas of their time."
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ~~Voltaire
Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:32 am
thenexttodiePosts: 577Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:59 pm Gender: Male

itsdemtitans wrote:This ark encounter nonsense doesn't sadden me more than pisses me off, and for a simple reason:

They use the gas provided by geology, and the metals and minerals provided by modern geology, to build their monument to human ignorance. These materials were gotten by geologic models which predicted where to find them and located them, something not possible in their flood geology. They then spit in the face of the hardworking geologists who got them their materials.

Makes me sick.

There is a geologic model which is useful in predicting mineral deposits? What is this model called?
Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:53 pm
LaurensSocial EditorUser avatarPosts: 2934Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:24 pmLocation: Norwich UK Gender: Male

I like how they built it like Noah did, with power tools, heavy lifting vehicles, and modern materials.
Like the League of Reason on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

Shameless Self-Promotion
Listen to my music on Soundcloud
Like my music page on Facebook
Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:07 pm
itsdemtitansBloggerUser avatarPosts: 694Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:36 pm Gender: Male

thenexttodie wrote:There is a geologic model which is useful in predicting mineral deposits? What is this model called?

I'm not too familair with mineral models as oil models. But it's the same principal. There are several different models used actually, depending on the situration, in the oil industry. One is called the Time-Temperature Index. By using data from a basin to determine temperature, and determining the age of said rocks, they can determine where oil should be found, and do so with a high success rate. Likewise, they can successfully predict where hydrocarbons were exposed to too much/little time (or heat).
"If evidence could shake the Protestant Faith, then there would be no Protestant Faith" ~Donovan Lafferty
Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:32 pm

It seems Bill Nye can't get enough of promoting for Ken Ham. http://www.wlwt.com/news/bill-nye-visit ... d/40422898
"Every man is a creature of the age in which he lives, and few are able to raise themselves above the ideas of their time."
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ~~Voltaire
Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:02 pm
Dragan GlasContributorUser avatarPosts: 2772Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:55 amLocation: Ireland Gender: Male

Greetings,

Jerry Coyne's comment on it includes a link to a take-down article on Noah's alleged journey.

Kindest regards,
"The Word of God is the Creation we behold and it is in this Word, which no human invention can counterfeit or alter, that God speaketh universally to man."
The Age Of Reason
Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:51 am
Steelmage99Posts: 124Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 9:43 am Gender: Male

I found this commentary to be very good.

Blunder that theists make all the time;

Pretending to know what other people think.
Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:42 am
hackenslashLime TordUser avatarPosts: 2199Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:43 pm Gender: Cake

That's fairly comprehensive, although his delivery was a bit off-putting. He's a bit like the illegitimate love-child of William Shatner and David Starkey.

One thing he did miss, when dealing with the oil lamps, was the massive build-up of methane, which would cause problems even with electric lighting.
Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:51 pm

itsdemtitans wrote:
thenexttodie wrote:There is a geologic model which is useful in predicting mineral deposits? What is this model called?

itsdemtitans wrote:I'm not too familair with mineral models as oil models.

Same here.
Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:57 pm

Aronra just posted this excellent video detailing a few of his arguments with people at the protest, and then he actually toured the thing and pointed out to his guide how wrong so much stuff was.

Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:45 pm
Duvelthehobbit666User avatarPosts: 1136Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:39 pmLocation: On a pale blue dot Gender: Male

itsdemtitans wrote:Aronra just posted this excellent video detailing a few of his arguments with people at the protest, and then he actually toured the thing and pointed out to his guide how wrong so much stuff was.

I saw that. A lot of interesting things said.

"Beer, the cause of - and solution to - all of lifes problems" Homer Simpson

I have a blog now
Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:00 pm
Nesslig20User avatarPosts: 208Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:44 pm Gender: Male

My favorite moment on that video was Aron telling Eric that apes don't have tails and that he should learn taxonomy.
"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science."
Charles Darwin
Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:39 pm

Nesslig20 wrote:My favorite moment on that video was Aron telling Eric that apes don't have tails and that he should learn taxonomy.

Personally I liked when he was pointing out the fact that their dinosaurs need feathers. I feel sorry for their guide. He seemed like a likeable guy, just mislead.
Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:43 pm
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3145Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:07 pm
YIM WWW

I've seen a ton of these "debates/exhibits" which address the typical reasons why the flood is impossible but I've never seen an apologetic concerning why plants are segregated by location as well. It seems the focus is always on animals which do have some locomotion but with plants this isn't possible. Yet we don't see similar vegetation in similar climates around the world. Is there anywhere someone can lead me to address this simple yet damning point?
Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:16 am

I'm going to leave this gem right here for your enjoyment. Ken Ham continues to provide irony for the masses.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... g-science/
Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:14 am

Collecemall wrote:I've seen a ton of these "debates/exhibits" which address the typical reasons why the flood is impossible but I've never seen an apologetic concerning why plants are segregated by location as well. It seems the focus is always on animals which do have some locomotion but with plants this isn't possible. Yet we don't see similar vegetation in similar climates around the world. Is there anywhere someone can lead me to address this simple yet damning point?

We do see similar vegetation in similar climates around the world.

Don't let the fact that you might not be able to find "corn on the cob" or maple syrup in Amsterdam confuse you.
Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:41 pm

thenexttodie wrote:
Collecemall wrote:I've seen a ton of these "debates/exhibits" which address the typical reasons why the flood is impossible but I've never seen an apologetic concerning why plants are segregated by location as well. It seems the focus is always on animals which do have some locomotion but with plants this isn't possible. Yet we don't see similar vegetation in similar climates around the world. Is there anywhere someone can lead me to address this simple yet damning point?

We do see similar vegetation in similar climates around the world.

Don't let the fact that you might not be able to find "corn on the cob" or maple syrup in Amsterdam confuse you.

Be gone troll.
Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:45 am
Next
 [ 27 posts ] 
Return to Creationism/ID