Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

The stupidest thing a creatonist has ever said to you

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 59 of 64
 [ 1268 posts ] 
The stupidest thing a creatonist has ever said to you
Author Message
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2684Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Post Re: The stupidest thing a creatonist has ever said to you

Master_Ghost_Knight wrote:
tuxbox wrote:This

At the begging I tough he was making fun of that comment, then I realize it was is own.


Heh, same here, took me a while to realize.
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215


The horse is a ferocious predator.
Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:12 pm
tuxboxLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 1172Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:05 amLocation: Vero Beach Gender: Tree

Post Re: The stupidest thing a creatonist has ever said to you

Frenger wrote:"How can you be freethinkers, when scepticism controls all of your decisions?"

LULZ


That is the part I found most humorous as well.
"Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man." ~ Thomas Paine
Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:47 am
InfernoContributorUser avatarPosts: 2298Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:36 pmLocation: Vienna, Austria Gender: Cake

Post Re: The stupidest thing a creatonist has ever said to you

Taken from raptureready.com
Are they setting this up or are they unintentionally funny?

It takes less faith to believe that Almighty God created the earth in six day than to believe that some cosmic explosion is responsible for the life and beauty all around us. The creation story is not in conflict with science. It is in conflict with any worldview in which God is absent. Look at a newborn baby and try to imagine a "big bang" as the foundation of that incredible new life; it's not a likely possibility. Then imagine a loving creator, and you have a very likely, intelligent scenario.


Give me a woman and I'll show you that a Big Bang is responsible for new life!
"Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed." ― Friedrich Nietzsche

"I shall achieve my objectives through the power... of Science!" --LessWrong
Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:30 am
FrengerBloggerUser avatarPosts: 831Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:50 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

Post Re: The stupidest thing a creatonist has ever said to you

Inferno wrote:Give me a woman and I'll show you that a Big Bang is responsible for new life!


Image
Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:34 am
WWW
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2684Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Post Re: The stupidest thing a creatonist has ever said to you

Inferno wrote:
Give me a woman and I'll show you that a Big Bang is responsible for new life!



Why, Inferno!!



;)
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215


The horse is a ferocious predator.
Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:27 pm
lordlandraidUser avatarPosts: 84Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:07 amLocation: United States Gender: Male

Post Re: The stupidest thing a creatonist has ever said to you

I've been frequenting a video on youtube for a while, arguing with idiots, getting pissed, blah blah blah, but then I ran into this guy. He has posted some of the most ridiculous shit and this is one of those gems.
toshtao1 wrote:To bad guns have a wider spread of firer and can take out more people in a shorter amount of time. Not only that but a 5 year old could take out an entire military base in their sleep. Yep, overpowered. I mean, how in the world does a gun even work? A little hunk of metal the size of a newborn baby shooting out a peanut at the speed of sound? It doesn't make any sense? It's almost like magic.

I'm gonna go back over my previous arguments with him and find a couple more. He's a goldmine. I know he isn't talking about creation, but this is still hilarious.

Edit: Here's another one.
toshtao1 wrote:Why are you so attached to children? You sound like a soccer mom. Someone who grows too attached to their kids will know what pain is when they lose them. It is this type of pain which makes you stronger. Mind, Body, and Spirit. Your Body grows more powerful the more pain you feel.

Killing children in itself is not evil. They will simply be reincarnated. Only those who have suffered pain can ever gain entry into heaven. That is our purpose in this world: To suffer.

So EVIL!
You know, they tell me that if you serve Jesus Christ, you'll do strange things like you won't beat your wife anymore. They say if you become a Christian you won't get drunk and come home and slap your children around.
- David Benoit
Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:18 am
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3491Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Post Re: The stupidest thing a creatonist has ever said to you

A comment left on one of my videos.

bheadh wrote:"There aren't enough fossils to prove any missing link" says it all. One thing to remember: science has ulterior motives to their discoveries, i.e. Peer Reveiw Journals, accolades from other scientists, and most importantly $MONEY$ "Piltdown Man" was taught as scientific fact for decades. It shows how gulible the public is & how easily they are hoodwinked by these scientific charlatans.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:04 pm
YIM WWW
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3491Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Post Re: The stupidest thing a creatonist has ever said to you

TrueEmpiricism wrote:
He who is nobody wrote


Please cite a source where biologists say that DNA is a 1:1 ratio to the English alphabet. I think I already know what quote you are going to mine for this.




Its not one source its just about every single website or scientist.Its as simple as googling it.


I will give a few references:


1)https://www.orchidcellmark.com/dnatestresources/dna101.html scroll down to (nucleotides)


2)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Introduction_to_genetics (speaks on how they act as letters of a page exactly what I have been telling everybody here


3)http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_four-letter_DNA_alphabet_and_what_are_the_special_rules_by_which_the_alphabet_peices_bond_together
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:36 am
YIM WWW
DutchLiam84User avatarPosts: 382Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:27 pmLocation: Eurasian Plate Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: The stupidest thing a creatonist has ever said to you

Saw this on a Kanbei video here:

Microslipp 3 months ago
Good video, but you cant make sense to the senseless.
People are brainwashed in school.
And a 5minute video can't undo the 18years of brainwashing.
Just raise ur kids, and school them yourself after they come home from school, teach them how to think rationally.

Kanbei85 . 3 months ago
Unfortunately you're correct.
Reply · in reply to Microslipp


The irony almost killed me!
Nom...I bewieeeeeve....nom nom nom...I have faith in Eviwution
You can find me in Montreal, in a bitching arcade! I'm proud of my gun, and I pood in space!
Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:58 pm
WWW
nemesissUser avatarPosts: 1259Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:29 pm

Post Re: The stupidest thing a creatonist has ever said to you

Saw this link say "1 facts that destroys the theory of evolution" and i couldn't resist clicking on it to read the amount of fail.

http://lastresistance.com/2967/evolutio ... operation/


There is a Mr. Bob commenting alot on the article.
wouldn't surprise me if it's Bob Enyart
Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:52 pm
VisakiUser avatarPosts: 812Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:26 pmLocation: Helsinki, Finland Gender: Male

Post Re: The stupidest thing a creatonist has ever said to you

nemesiss wrote:There is a Mr. Bob commenting alot on the article.
wouldn't surprise me if it's Bob Enyart

It would surprise me, since Mr Bob is clearly an evolution advocate.

"What creationists cannot seem to understand is that even if evolution was somehow proved false (highly unlikely) that would STILL not make ID true!"
- Mr Bob

The other side seems to going through most of the standard creationist crap. I wonder if they have a section of "arguments to use in the internet" in the "Creationism for dummies" book.
Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:33 am
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3491Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Post Re: The stupidest thing a creatonist has ever said to you

From the comment section of one of my videos:

John connor wrote:Planet Earth is not capable of creating something intelligent like Humans that has no purpose in the universe. If you believe in evolution that means you can do whatever you want Earth and there is no God. God will judge all murders, Pornstars, drug dealers, Thiefs, unbelievers and pedophiles....Did you know pornstars believe in that Satanic lie Evolution and they are having sex like wild animals. God will judge them secretly after this life spiritually just like Sodom & Gomorrah.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:43 pm
YIM WWW
Dave B.Posts: 119Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:13 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: The stupidest thing a creatonist has ever said to you

Despite the fact that there is positive evidence for God... and no evidence to demonstrate that there is no God


http://evolutionfairytale.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=5490&page=12#entry93263
Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:44 pm
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3491Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Post Re: The stupidest thing a creatonist has ever said to you

This was not said to me directly (it was addressed to DutchLiam84), but in a mass post, where I was one of the people responded too. Basically, I thought it was hilarious and more people need to see it.

gilbo12345 wrote:
DutchLiam84 wrote:While being a scientist, like I am, means you should be skeptical of everything.
I am. My only grievance with Creation is the incest that is implied by Adam and Eve.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:56 am
YIM WWW
DDdreamerUser avatarPosts: 6Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 12:43 pm

Post Re: The stupidest thing a creatonist has ever said to you

I have a friend whom I THINK is a creationist (Not of t he young earth variety though) and he basically did this when we had a discussion on Noah's ark:

Me: I'd say the story of Noah and his ark is most likely made up because things X, Y and Z in it break physical laws A, B and C. There's also the fact that D couldn't have happened because of E.

Him: Well, it's a miracle then. It happened and the reason you say it break physics and stuff is because God used miracles during the flood.

Me: B-but...an ark made out of gopher wood, big enough to hold two animals of every species on Earth would collapse in on itself. It's just impossible for there to be one.

Him: Miracles.

Repeat ad infinitum

I really do love the guy, but sometimes he just baffles me...

D3
Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:47 pm
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3491Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Post Re: The stupidest thing a creatonist has ever said to you

A comment left in one of my videos:

TheEaglestar1 wrote:
jebus6kryst wrote:If one were to say the sun rotates around the earth and I was to say, “I can correct what (s)he said,” would that be arrogant? The same holds true for this. I am on the side with the evidence and facts. Thus, I am able to correct your misunderstandings and falsehoods. There is nothing to discuss, there is only an opportunity for me to correct your errors.
Now, please follow the link in the description box to the thread I started for this video at the League of Reason.


Motion is relative in this universe.If you stand still,to you you are still,but you are actually rotating around the sun with the earth.Likewise you are rotating as the earth spins on its axis.Relative to the sun,the earth rotates around the sun,but relative to the earth,the sun actually rotates around the earth.
Science by nature is broadminded and open to differing hypotheses.Hypothese remain so until a null hypothesis is overturned by observed data of a statistically significant sample size.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:28 pm
YIM WWW
herebedragonsUser avatarPosts: 31Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:16 am

Post Re: The stupidest thing a creatonist has ever said to you

gilbo12345 wrote:The only thing Creationism assumes is God. That is it.


gilbo12345 wrote:Nope.. Assuming God covers all these since God by definition has the power to do all these things. Additionally when one assumes God we do so assuming who God is, so its still part of the one assumption.

So

Creationism = 1 assumption

Evolution / Naturalism = Hundreds of assumptions

Occam's Razor favours Creationism


WOW ... :roll: As if ...
Ignorance is a most formidable opponent rivaled only by arrogance; but when the two join forces, one is all but invincible.

Nothing is easier than to persuade people who want to be persuaded and already believe. - Petrarca
Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:01 pm
DutchLiam84User avatarPosts: 382Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:27 pmLocation: Eurasian Plate Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: The stupidest thing a creatonist has ever said to you

lifepsyop wrote:Why would someone try to submit a paper questioning Common Descent to an Evolution journal?

That's like suggesting someone submit a paper proposing Common Descent to a YEC journal.

Can you say...
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
moron?
YEEEEEEAAAAAAA!!!

No funny punchline needed.
Nom...I bewieeeeeve....nom nom nom...I have faith in Eviwution
You can find me in Montreal, in a bitching arcade! I'm proud of my gun, and I pood in space!
Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:54 pm
WWW
RumraketUser avatarPosts: 1260Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:49 am Gender: Male

Post Re: The stupidest thing a creatonist has ever said to you

DutchLiam84 wrote:
lifepsyop wrote:Why would someone try to submit a paper questioning Common Descent to an Evolution journal?

That's like suggesting someone submit a paper proposing Common Descent to a YEC journal.

Can you say...
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
moron?
YEEEEEEAAAAAAA!!!

No funny punchline needed.

The irony is that such papers, questioning the monophyly of all life, have in fact been submitted and passed peer review in "evolution journals". Douglas Theobald cites them already in the abstract in his test of common descent paper - which means they're referenced in the very thread where lifepsyop asks that utterly inane question.
"Nullius in verba" - Take nobody's word for it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullius_in_verba
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:31 pm
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3491Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Post Re: The stupidest thing a creatonist has ever said to you

From the comment section of one of my videos:

TOUHOU CLASSIC REIMU wrote:everyone be live in Evolution is faggot like the animals
humans gets more than years with any Evolution
archaeopteryx is bird not lizard just like hoatzin in this days
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:35 pm
YIM WWW
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 59 of 64
 [ 1268 posts ] 
Return to Creationism/ID

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests