Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Hello all!

[ 7 posts ] 
Hello all!
PalomaPosts: 4Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:27 am Gender: Female

Post Hello all!

I've heard a lot about this site while browsing other sites, so I figured I'd give it a whirl. I'm 21, just graduated from undergrad and will be attending graduate school in the fall to study bioarchaeology and forensic anthropology. While biological anthropology is my career path, I'm interested in essentially all the sciences, with physics and engineering ranking pretty highly. I consider myself a disciple of the teachings of Jesus Christ with no particular affiliation to a Christian denomination, and I'm willing to discuss it with anyone if they are interested. However, I feel that debates about faith always end up going in circles, so I tend to avoid them. I tend to lurk and read more than post, since I feel it's wise to listen more than you speak.
With all that said, I'm excited to see what new insights I can glean from you all.
"On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."
Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:49 am
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 4985Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post Re: Hello all!

Hi Paloma, and welcome.

I hope you'll feel you're able to exchange views on whichever topic you see fit to join (lurking is also fine, of course); a variety of perspectives is a valuable asset to a discussion board.

:D
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:18 pm
InfernoContributorUser avatarPosts: 2298Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:36 pmLocation: Vienna, Austria Gender: Cake

Welcome, Paloma.

Most of what we talk about here isn't about religion anyway. If you ever feel you wish to talk about anything whatsoever, just open up a thread.
"Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed." ― Friedrich Nietzsche

"I shall achieve my objectives through the power... of Science!" --LessWrong
Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:49 pm
Dragan GlasContributorUser avatarPosts: 2767Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:55 amLocation: Ireland Gender: Male

Greetings,

Welcome to Lor, Paloma! :D

Kindest regards,

James
"The Word of God is the Creation we behold and it is in this Word, which no human invention can counterfeit or alter, that God speaketh universally to man."
The Age Of Reason
Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:49 pm
VivreUser avatarPosts: 351Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:05 pmLocation: dungeon of despair Gender: Female

Hello Paloma,

well~come on board :-)

greets ~ Vivre
Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:47 pm
FrengerBloggerUser avatarPosts: 831Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:50 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

Failing anything witty coming to mind, hello!

I hope you enjoy your time here whether it be discussing or lurking.
Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:42 am
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3138Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

From one archaeologist to another, welcome to the forum. :)
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:34 pm
YIM WWW
 [ 7 posts ] 
Return to Introduce Yourself!