Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

From Alabamastan

[ 6 posts ] 
From Alabamastan
LLJKSiLkPosts: 5Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:21 am Gender: Male

Post From Alabamastan

I'm from right here in the "Heart of Dixie" and perpetual 49th out of 50th on every metric of prosperity you can point out except for football where we are generally #1.

I am an Atheist, and former Christian of 30+/- years.

I am a father of three, two boys and a girl. My education level is Bachelor's Degree.

Fortunately I live in the only county that could be reasonably considered progressive, and there are a few local atheist meetups I've been a part of since my de-conversion.

I joined here after watching Aron Ra's takedown of some guy on YouTube in an Evolution discussion.

I am one of the admins of a Facebook group called "Atheist vs Theist: The Great Debate."
Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:45 am
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5001Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post Re: From Alabamastan

Welcome to LoR!
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:51 am
Dragan GlasContributorUser avatarPosts: 2954Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:55 amLocation: Ireland Gender: Male

Greetings,

Welcome to LoR, LLJKSiLk! :D

Kindest regards,

James
"The Word of God is the Creation we behold and it is in this Word, which no human invention can counterfeit or alter, that God speaketh universally to man."
The Age Of Reason
Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:25 pm
LLJKSiLkPosts: 5Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:21 am Gender: Male

Thank you both for the welcome. I look forward to contributing hopefully. I tend to lurk a bit just to get a feel for a place. I tried reading through one of the debates yesterday but had to stop around page 30ish and saw it went on for 113 pages with the guy never answering a direct question. I just got done with a similar discussion with a creationist and figured there were good examples here of how to structure a conversation for meaningful dialogue.
Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:40 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5001Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

You may want to have a browse through our proper debate forum, as there are some very good formal, well-crafted posts and rebuttals. Better than the spaghetti thread I believe you're referring to anyway...
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:40 pm
CollecemallPosts: 338Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:53 am

I knew there had to be one more like me in the state. Glad to know you exist. Welcome.
"Every man is a creature of the age in which he lives, and few are able to raise themselves above the ideas of their time."
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ~~Voltaire
Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:37 am
 [ 6 posts ] 
Return to Introduce Yourself!