Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Hello!

[ 9 posts ] 
Hello!
AkamiaUser avatarPosts: 65Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:41 pmLocation: Alaska Gender: Time Lord

Post Hello!

Hello! I'm Akamia. I sort of found this place linked in someone's YouTube channel, who commented on one of TheMessianicManic's videos, or "TMM" as he appears these days. I decided to browse this place a bit, and found many of you – very likely most of you – are far smarter than I am, whether or not I disagree with any of you on one subject or another.

So I've decided to sign up, observe, perhaps attempt to contribute in some manner to discussions that take place here. I tend to be a lurker at most in just about any social network or forum website I join, and I don't expect this place to be much of an exception; however, there have been events taking place as of late that I do wish to discuss, and I've yet to determine which space to put such discussions. I don't really know my way around just yet.

For what it's worth, I hope to enjoy my time here. :)
The very thing that gives us humans our advanced cognitive abilities can also be our greatest weakness.
Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:55 pm
WarKChat ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 1167Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:59 am Gender: Tree

Post Re: Hello!

Hello and welcome :)

Most of people around here are lurkers.

As for where to post, you can post anywhere you feel like it. No one will shout at you for posting in the wrong sub forum. Except for Gnug maybe but he can be bribed with a bucket of ice cream.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:51 pm
tuxboxLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 1172Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:05 amLocation: Vero Beach Gender: Tree

Hello and welcome to LoR. :)
"Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man." ~ Thomas Paine
Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:00 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 4994Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Welcome!
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:24 pm
Dragan GlasContributorUser avatarPosts: 2799Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:55 amLocation: Ireland Gender: Male

Greetings,

Welcome to LoR, Akamia! :D

Kindest regards,

James
"The Word of God is the Creation we behold and it is in this Word, which no human invention can counterfeit or alter, that God speaketh universally to man."
The Age Of Reason
Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:31 pm
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2520Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Akamia wrote:Hello! I'm Akamia. I sort of found this place linked in someone's YouTube channel, who commented on one of TheMessianicManic's videos, or "TMM" as he appears these days. I decided to browse this place a bit, and found many of you – very likely most of you – are far smarter than I am, whether or not I disagree with any of you on one subject or another.

So I've decided to sign up, observe, perhaps attempt to contribute in some manner to discussions that take place here. I tend to be a lurker at most in just about any social network or forum website I join, and I don't expect this place to be much of an exception; however, there have been events taking place as of late that I do wish to discuss, and I've yet to determine which space to put such discussions. I don't really know my way around just yet.

For what it's worth, I hope to enjoy my time here. :)

Hi, and welcome!

It's always nice to meet someone who doesn't from the outset think they're smarter than everyone else. Humility is an admirable trait. Humidity is not.

At any rate, I'll be one of those people who is dumberer than you.

Enjoy your stay!
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215

The horse is a ferocious predator.
Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:21 pm
AkamiaUser avatarPosts: 65Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:41 pmLocation: Alaska Gender: Time Lord

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! :)
The very thing that gives us humans our advanced cognitive abilities can also be our greatest weakness.
Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:52 pm
CollecemallPosts: 324Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:53 am

Greetings and welcome!
"Every man is a creature of the age in which he lives, and few are able to raise themselves above the ideas of their time."
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ~~Voltaire
Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:55 am
Duvelthehobbit666User avatarPosts: 1136Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:39 pmLocation: On a pale blue dot Gender: Male

Ahoihoi

"Beer, the cause of - and solution to - all of lifes problems" Homer Simpson

I have a blog now
Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:24 pm
 [ 9 posts ] 
Return to Introduce Yourself!