Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Greetings from the mind that pales in comparison.

[ 12 posts ] 
Greetings from the mind that pales in comparison.
CabboUser avatarPosts: 9Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:53 pmLocation: Northern Ireland Gender: Male

Post Greetings from the mind that pales in comparison.

Hello, people who keep track of the newbz.

My name is Cabbo, and I try to be reasonable, logical, and nice. I fail hard at this, so don't expect much. I also lie a lot, like in that last sentence.

I'm fond of music, film, and critical thinking. I've decided to study music so that I may compose for film, at some point in the future. It's going well.

I'm here because of ZOMGitsCriss's youtube links. The fact that I watched, liked, and followed up on those videos should give you an indication of my opinions, which I enjoy backing up.

I do not believe in God, or Gods, or a creator, or Xenu or whatever. I'm atheist. I'm also skeptical of the medicinal benefit of homeopathy, the claims that some people can talk to the dead... I could make a longer list but I think you get the picture.

Although we definitely all die in 2012. For surez.

And I'm a nineteen year old male, who isn't normally this frivolous.
Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:02 pm
SquawkModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2011Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:25 pm Gender: Tree

Post Re: Greetings from the mind that pales in comparison.

Nuffink wrong with a bit of frivolity. Welcome to the place.
Pope Rat: "Exclusion of God, religion and virtue from public life leads ultimately to a truncated vision of man and of society and thus a reductive vision of a person and his destiny."

Squawk response: "O Rly?"
Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:14 am
Duvelthehobbit666User avatarPosts: 1137Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:39 pmLocation: On a pale blue dot Gender: Male

Don't mention homeopathy around me unless you want a long rant about why it doesn't work.
:lol:

But welcome to LoR

"Beer, the cause of - and solution to - all of lifes problems" Homer Simpson

I have a blog now
Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:47 pm
BrainBlowUser avatarPosts: 370Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:16 pmLocation: Norway Gender: Male

Welcome!
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:48 pm
lrkunUser avatarPosts: 3831Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:37 pmLocation: R. Gender: Tree

Cabbo wrote:Hello, people who keep track of the newbz.

My name is Cabbo, and I try to be reasonable, logical, and nice. I fail hard at this, so don't expect much. I also lie a lot, like in that last sentence.

I'm fond of music, film, and critical thinking. I've decided to study music so that I may compose for film, at some point in the future. It's going well.

I'm here because of ZOMGitsCriss's youtube links. The fact that I watched, liked, and followed up on those videos should give you an indication of my opinions, which I enjoy backing up.

I do not believe in God, or Gods, or a creator, or Xenu or whatever. I'm atheist. I'm also skeptical of the medicinal benefit of homeopathy, the claims that some people can talk to the dead... I could make a longer list but I think you get the picture.

Although we definitely all die in 2012. For surez.

And I'm a nineteen year old male, who isn't normally this frivolous.

Welcome. :D
Unsupport unthink.
Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:50 pm
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2684Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Welcome aboard, Cabbo!

Try the chatroom sometime. There's cake in there.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay! :)
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215

The horse is a ferocious predator.
Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:22 pm
sgrunterundtUser avatarPosts: 254Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:23 amLocation: Niels Bohr Institute, Copenhagen Gender: Tree

Gnug215 wrote:Try the chatroom sometime. There's cake in there.

And if you believe that then you need to brush up on your memes.
Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:00 pm
CabboUser avatarPosts: 9Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:53 pmLocation: Northern Ireland Gender: Male

But the cake is not a lie, I've seen it.

It looked delicious.
Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:52 am
televatorUser avatarPosts: 1252Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:02 amLocation: In hell, rocking out with Satan! Gender: Cake

sgrunterundt wrote:
Gnug215 wrote:Try the chatroom sometime. There's cake in there.

And if you believe that then you need to brush up on your memes.

Nah, if the does believe it, he'll be up to speed once he finds out... lol

Hello, new guy!
a·the·ism: The absence of belief in god(s)

There are no additional, claims, laws, commandments, rules, doctrines, presuppositions, stand alone ideologies, dogmas, and/or faith based beliefs required by or inevitably derived from atheism.
Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:07 am
AndiferousUser avatarPosts: 2727Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:00 amLocation: Laputa Gender: Time Lord

Welcome there, Cabbo. Mine is another pale mind on the spectrum! I look forward to seeing you about.
"As there seemed no measure between what Watt could understand, and what he could not, so there seemed none between what he deemed certain, and what he deemed doubtful."
~ Samuel Beckett, Watt
Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:06 am
FaithlessThinkerUser avatarPosts: 618Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:41 am Gender: Cake

Cabbo wrote:Although we definitely all die in 2012. For surez.

I will laugh at you in reply to your first post after Dec 21, 2012.

And, welcome!
It was my honest attempt to find a more pure form of God that made me realise that there was none.”
— Master_Ghost_Knight
Previously known as anon1986sing. You can call me FT. :)
Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:43 pm
LaurensSocial EditorUser avatarPosts: 2995Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:24 pmLocation: Norwich UK Gender: Male

Cabbo wrote:Although we definitely all die in 2012. For surez.

:facepalm: That's completely ignorant and irrational of you to think so.... *

Everyone knows the Mayan prophecy actually says we will all become super enlightened spiritual beings with glowing chakras, speaking to each other telepathically. Get your facts straight kid :lol:

Welcome to the board! :mrgreen:

* I know you're only joking btw, don't worry, so am I
Like the League of Reason on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

Shameless Self-Promotion
Listen to my music on Soundcloud
Like my music page on Facebook
Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:08 am
 [ 12 posts ] 
Return to Introduce Yourself!