Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Greetings, Salutations and Hi!

[ 7 posts ] 
Greetings, Salutations and Hi!
CasseraPosts: 2Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:53 am Gender: Female

Post Greetings, Salutations and Hi!

Hello all! I am Cass, the newest newbie I suppose. I am normally quite the lurker though I do occasionally pop up and post things. I decided to check this place out after hearing about it from both Thunderf00t and AndromedasWake videos.

Hmm, about me.. I am a college student (just got my bachelor's degree in psychology and I am hoping to start graduate school in August) and atheist in an area where the latter is fairly uncommon. So sites like this are often the only time I get to interact with others who aren't locked into one main thought makeup (conservative Christian). Thanks for the refreshing change of pace!
Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:15 am
SpaceCDTUser avatarPosts: 131Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:28 amLocation: NSW, Australia Gender: Male

Post Re: Greetings, Salutations and Hi!

Howdy Cass,

Welcome to LoR! :D
Regards,
Space Cadet Pobersky

"Your commitment to failure is truly outstanding!" - Mastermind
Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:42 am
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2684Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Cassera wrote:Hello all! I am Cass, the newest newbie I suppose. I am normally quite the lurker though I do occasionally pop up and post things. I decided to check this place out after hearing about it from both Thunderf00t and AndromedasWake videos.

Hmm, about me.. I am a college student (just got my bachelor's degree in psychology and I am hoping to start graduate school in August) and atheist in an area where the latter is fairly uncommon. So sites like this are often the only time I get to interact with others who aren't locked into one main thought makeup (conservative Christian). Thanks for the refreshing change of pace!

Welcome aboard!

It seems to me that whenever we get an atheist in here from the US, they tell us that they're more or less surrounded by Christians. I guess it's good that there are websites like these. :)

Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy your stay. Try the chat some time. We have cake there! Promise!
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215

The horse is a ferocious predator.
Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:35 am
lrkunUser avatarPosts: 3831Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:37 pmLocation: R. Gender: Tree

Cassera wrote:Hello all! I am Cass, the newest newbie I suppose. I am normally quite the lurker though I do occasionally pop up and post things. I decided to check this place out after hearing about it from both Thunderf00t and AndromedasWake videos.

Welcome to the forums. :3
Unsupport unthink.
Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:08 pm
CasseraPosts: 2Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:53 am Gender: Female

Gnug215 wrote:
Welcome aboard!

It seems to me that whenever we get an atheist in here from the US, they tell us that they're more or less surrounded by Christians. I guess it's good that there are websites like these. :)

Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy your stay. Try the chat some time. We have cake there! Promise!

Yeah, I am in an area where the sole secular group on campus has a hard time posting flyers- they are torn down in a day. I've gotten the "you're too nice to be an atheist" line more than once.

I was in your chat, and I saw no cake. I fear the cake is a lie! ^_^
Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:36 pm
MemeticemeticLeague LegendPosts: 659Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:33 amLocation: location, location. Gender: Male

Gnug215 wrote:It seems to me that whenever we get an atheist in here from the US, they tell us that they're more or less surrounded by Christians. I guess it's good that there are websites like these. :)

I hear that all the time from my fellow American atheists online as well. While it's true that there are christians everywhere, I've never had a problem finding other atheists; or at least theists who may as well be atheists for all they care about their religion. I tend to be fairly outspoken about my lack of faith, not that I bring it up or anything, because for the most part, who cares? But when it does come up I'm fairly matter of fact about it and it almost never causes even a raised eyebrow. But, specifically for Cassera, if you live in a college town, find a coffee house. Plenty o' atheists to be found there, as well as plenty o' pretentious assholes like us. Well, ok, me. I hate to categorize everyone else here that way unless they self identify as such. Except ImprobableJoe, I think he would own that identity as much as I would.
"Do not offer sympathy to the mentally ill. Tell them firmly: I am not paid to listen to this drivel. You are a terminal fool."

~William S. Burroughs
Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:18 pm
FaithlessThinkerUser avatarPosts: 618Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:41 am Gender: Cake

Cassera wrote:I was in your chat, and I saw no cake. I fear the cake is a lie! ^_^

The cake has always been a lie.

Been to the chat in hopes of a cake, but... nothing :cry:

Anyway welcome to the forums. Care for some tea, fellow earthling?
It was my honest attempt to find a more pure form of God that made me realise that there was none.”
— Master_Ghost_Knight
Previously known as anon1986sing. You can call me FT. :)
Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:53 am
 [ 7 posts ] 
Return to Introduce Yourself!