Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Hello there

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 6 posts ] 
Hello there
Author Message
HelicobacterUser avatarPosts: 19Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:23 amLocation: Your stomach Gender: Time Lord

Post Hello there

Hey everyone

My name is Dave. I have been a long-time fan of the whole youtube atheist crowd, and I was recently permabanned on ChristianForums (they smack you down hard for flaming people that say HIV doesn't cause AIDS) so I need a new forum to frequent. So I figured here would be the place to be. I like biology, long walks on the beach, autumn, hot chocolate, and indie music.

so yeah

what's up?
Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:58 am
lrkunUser avatarPosts: 3831Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:37 pmLocation: R. Gender: Tree

Post Re: Hello there

Helicobacter wrote:Hey everyone

My name is Dave. I have been a long-time fan of the whole youtube atheist crowd, and I was recently permabanned on ChristianForums (they smack you down hard for flaming people that say HIV doesn't cause AIDS) so I need a new forum to frequent. So I figured here would be the place to be. I like biology, long walks on the beach, autumn, hot chocolate, and indie music.

so yeah

what's up?


Dave, welcome to the forums. :)
Unsupport unthink.
Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:17 am
FaithlessThinkerUser avatarPosts: 618Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:41 am Gender: Cake

Post Re: Hello there

What did you do on ChristianForums?

Besides the thing that you already mentioned - flaming people that say HIV doesn't cause AIDS.

And hey, welcome. Have some tea.
It was my honest attempt to find a more pure form of God that made me realise that there was none.”
— Master_Ghost_Knight
Previously known as anon1986sing. You can call me FT. :)
Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:29 am
WWW
HelicobacterUser avatarPosts: 19Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:23 amLocation: Your stomach Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: Hello there

anon1986sing wrote:What did you do on ChristianForums?

Besides the thing that you already mentioned - flaming people that say HIV doesn't cause AIDS.

And hey, welcome. Have some tea.


I basically just cruised around their "Society" forums, and posted in Creation/Evolution mostly. I got banned for being too aggressive apparently. I would attempt to dispel myths in the Health board, but I apparently have a short fuse for anti-vaxers and anti-medicine people. Like Creationists, they simply won't listen to reason.
Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:18 pm
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2684Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Post Re: Hello there

Helicobacter wrote:Hey everyone

My name is Dave. I have been a long-time fan of the whole youtube atheist crowd, and I was recently permabanned on ChristianForums (they smack you down hard for flaming people that say HIV doesn't cause AIDS) so I need a new forum to frequent. So I figured here would be the place to be. I like biology, long walks on the beach, autumn, hot chocolate, and indie music.

so yeah

what's up?


Welcome, Helico :)

It is perhaps a bit ironic that we only just banned an AIDS denialist from these boards. Granted, it's only a week-long temp ban, and granted, he was a 9/11 Truther, Anti-Vaxxer, a colloidal silver supporter, and a semi-believer in homeopathy; and granted, he was repeatedly ignoring direct orders from the mods to create new separate threads for all those subjects, AND then he insulted people, so...

But yeah, apart from that it's almost totally the same as what happened with you, right?

:)

Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy your stay here, and try the chat. We have cake here. Cereally!
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215


The horse is a ferocious predator.
Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:47 pm
FaithlessThinkerUser avatarPosts: 618Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:41 am Gender: Cake

Post Re: Hello there

Gnug215 wrote:It is perhaps a bit ironic that we only just banned an AIDS denialist from these boards. Granted, it's only a week-long temp ban, and granted, he was a 9/11 Truther, Anti-Vaxxer, a colloidal silver supporter, and a semi-believer in homeopathy; and granted, he was repeatedly ignoring direct orders from the mods to create new separate threads for all those subjects, AND then he insulted people, so...
They ban people for driving sense into them. We ban people for rejecting sense and being morons.

I'm sure a mod would agree.
It was my honest attempt to find a more pure form of God that made me realise that there was none.”
— Master_Ghost_Knight
Previously known as anon1986sing. You can call me FT. :)
Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:42 am
WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 6 posts ] 
Return to Introduce Yourself!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests
cron