Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Hello all.

[ 10 posts ] 
Hello all.
BlackPoison94Posts: 1Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:13 pm Gender: Tree

Post Hello all.

I'm not very good at introducing myself so please bear with me :) I'm 16, British Asian, a Hindu and I live in the south-east of England. Probably going to be one of the youngest members here..

My interests mainly are reading and researching to be honest. Particularly ancient civilisations, world related issues (er..very specific haha), religion, science..I hope to be a physicist when I'm older (hopefully delving into the aspects of quantum mechanics)...and many more.

I have no absolute idea how I found this site..but I'm glad I have.

Hiya.
Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:24 pm
MRaverzPosts: 1838Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:00 am Gender: Pinecone

Post Re: Hello all.

Welcome to the boards!

Are you culturally Hindu or a practising and believing Hindu?
Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:19 pm
lrkunUser avatarPosts: 3831Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:37 pmLocation: R. Gender: Tree

BlackPoison94 wrote:I'm not very good at introducing myself so please bear with me :) I'm 16, British Asian, a Hindu and I live in the south-east of England. Probably going to be one of the youngest members here..

My interests mainly are reading and researching to be honest. Particularly ancient civilisations, world related issues (er..very specific haha), religion, science..I hope to be a physicist when I'm older (hopefully delving into the aspects of quantum mechanics)...and many more.

Hiya.

Welcome to the forums. :)
Unsupport unthink.
Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:33 pm
RigelKentaurusAUser avatarPosts: 372Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:24 am Gender: Male

Quantum mechanics is fun, just remember... it has nothing to do with spirituality and human consciousness.
Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:06 pm
Duvelthehobbit666User avatarPosts: 1137Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:39 pmLocation: On a pale blue dot Gender: Male

RigelKentaurusA wrote:Quantum mechanics is fun, just remember... it has nothing to do with spirituality and human consciousness.

Unless you count the electrochemical reactions which make your brain tick.

"Beer, the cause of - and solution to - all of lifes problems" Homer Simpson

I have a blog now
Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:09 pm
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2684Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

BlackPoison94 wrote:I'm not very good at introducing myself so please bear with me :) I'm 16, British Asian, a Hindu and I live in the south-east of England. Probably going to be one of the youngest members here..

Hiya.

Welcome aboard!

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here. Check out the chatroom someday. We have cake and, uh, quantums in there.

Yep!
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215

The horse is a ferocious predator.
Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:01 am
FaithlessThinkerUser avatarPosts: 618Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:41 am Gender: Cake

Gnug215 wrote:We have came and, uh, quantums in there.

You made me look at my keyboard and check how close the M key and the K key are.

And BlackPoison, care for some poison-laced tea? :twisted:
It was my honest attempt to find a more pure form of God that made me realise that there was none.”
— Master_Ghost_Knight
Previously known as anon1986sing. You can call me FT. :)
Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:13 pm
SquawkModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2011Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:25 pm Gender: Tree

Hehe, same, I changed the k for him :D

Welcome to the boards
Pope Rat: "Exclusion of God, religion and virtue from public life leads ultimately to a truncated vision of man and of society and thus a reductive vision of a person and his destiny."

Squawk response: "O Rly?"
Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:35 pm
Duvelthehobbit666User avatarPosts: 1137Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:39 pmLocation: On a pale blue dot Gender: Male

Gnug215 wrote:Welcome aboard!

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here. Check out the chatroom someday. We have cake and, uh, quantums in there.

Yep!

Gnug215 still hasn't realized the cake is a lie, or he is just messing with you. But here, have some cookies

"Beer, the cause of - and solution to - all of lifes problems" Homer Simpson

I have a blog now
Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:57 pm
FaithlessThinkerUser avatarPosts: 618Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:41 am Gender: Cake

Duvelthehobbit666 wrote:But here, have some cookies
Those cookies gave me some serious side effects. Avoid them at all costs! Tea is fine. Even if it's poison-laced.

I can't help but notice this thread didn't get a reply from the OP.
It was my honest attempt to find a more pure form of God that made me realise that there was none.”
— Master_Ghost_Knight
Previously known as anon1986sing. You can call me FT. :)
Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:59 pm
 [ 10 posts ] 
Return to Introduce Yourself!