Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Who, me?

[ 13 posts ] 
Who, me?
archolmanUser avatarPosts: 5Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:15 amLocation: Near Huddersfield. Gender: Male

Post Who, me?

OK. I think I'm a molecular machine, existing in what appears to be an open universe, but I can't positively prove that I, or anything else, exists. Therefore, to make things simple, I assume that it does. Further, I assume that a cake I made is cooking in my oven, and will be ready in about half-an-hour!

I'm 60, living near Huddersfield, and have interests in gardening, computers, Environmental Science, fighting Internet fraud, and cats. Amongst other stuff.
Last edited by archolman on Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:42 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5002Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post Re: Who, me?

Wotcha.
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:50 pm
Anachronous RexLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 2008Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:07 pmLocation: Kansas City, MO Gender: Male

The cake is a lie.

There, I said it.
Our prefrontal lobes are too small. Much too small. That's a problem of the birth canal, I'm very sorry to say for those that like their birth canals... tight.
-C. Hitchens.
Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:53 pm
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2568Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

archolman wrote:OK. I think I'm a molecular machine, existing in what appears to be an open universe, but I can't positively prove that I, or anything else, exists. Therefore, to make things simple, I assume that it does. Further, I assume that a cake I made is cooking in my oven, and will be ready in about half-an-hour!

I'm 60, living near Huddersfield, and have interests in gardening, computers, Environmental Science, fighting Internet fraud, and cats.

Welcome aboard!

Good stuff, but if you don't mind, could you explain a bit more about your interest in fighting Internet fraud?
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215

The horse is a ferocious predator.
Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:21 pm
archolmanUser avatarPosts: 5Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:15 amLocation: Near Huddersfield. Gender: Male

Gnug215 wrote:
Good stuff, but if you don't mind, could you explain a bit more about your interest in fighting Internet fraud?

I'm an active member of a couple of antifraud sites, involving victim-support & exposing scammers. If you have any questions, please PM me, & I will try to help
Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:32 pm
impikuUser avatarPosts: 211Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:58 amLocation: Hell. Gender: Cake

What a cute profile picture but no one can beat Anachronous Rex in cuteness.
"Who needs Satan when you have a God like this?" -- Robert M. Price

"In the sphere of thought, absurdity and perversity remain the masters of the world, and their dominion is suspended only for brief periods." -- Arthur Schopenhauer
Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:57 pm

Thank you for the comment about my cat, but I tend to disagree regarding A. Rex.

! WARNING !

! EXTREME CUTENESS !

! DANGER of CUTENESS OVERLOAD !

See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSUfuB2MyEY.
These have more cuteness than a box of cute things in Cute Town on Cute Day during Cute Fair! :lol:
Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:39 pm
Anachronous RexLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 2008Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:07 pmLocation: Kansas City, MO Gender: Male

impiku wrote:What a cute profile picture but no one can beat Anachronous Rex in cuteness.

Our prefrontal lobes are too small. Much too small. That's a problem of the birth canal, I'm very sorry to say for those that like their birth canals... tight.
-C. Hitchens.
Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:29 pm
impikuUser avatarPosts: 211Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:58 amLocation: Hell. Gender: Cake

archolman wrote:
! WARNING !

! EXTREME CUTENESS !

! DANGER of CUTENESS OVERLOAD !

Lol. You might be the coolest 60 years young person!
"Who needs Satan when you have a God like this?" -- Robert M. Price

"In the sphere of thought, absurdity and perversity remain the masters of the world, and their dominion is suspended only for brief periods." -- Arthur Schopenhauer
Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:40 pm
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2568Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

archolman wrote:
Gnug215 wrote:

I'm an active member of a couple of antifraud sites, involving victim-support & exposing scammers. If you have any questions, please PM me, & I will try to help

Thanks, well, no help wanted. I was just wondering if you had any awesome stores of exposing fraudsters or something. :)
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215

The horse is a ferocious predator.
Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:58 pm
SquawkModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2011Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:25 pm Gender: Tree

Oooh, a local :D Bit hilly that way though.

Greetings from Barnsley
Pope Rat: "Exclusion of God, religion and virtue from public life leads ultimately to a truncated vision of man and of society and thus a reductive vision of a person and his destiny."

Squawk response: "O Rly?"
Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:39 am
AndiferousUser avatarPosts: 2727Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:00 amLocation: Laputa Gender: Time Lord

Welcome Archolman. Compliments of DepricatedZero: Cats that look like Hitler.
"As there seemed no measure between what Watt could understand, and what he could not, so there seemed none between what he deemed certain, and what he deemed doubtful."
~ Samuel Beckett, Watt
Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:33 am
ladiesman391User avatarPosts: 335Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:10 amLocation: Australia, Earth

welcome, my rotty loves cats
"Religion was a deliberate imposture devised by some cunning man for political ends." - Critias
"I shall argue that to seem to speak well of the gods to men is far easier than to speak well of men to men" - Critias
Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:06 pm
 [ 13 posts ] 
Return to Introduce Yourself!