Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

First Post

[ 11 posts ] 
First Post
bluejatheistPosts: 525Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:28 pm Gender: Male

Post First Post

Not much to say, I live in the United States, have an interest in ornithology and counter-apologetics and hope to make my way on here and learn new ideas especially in the debate area. I've made sure to read the rules and hopefully wont be a nuisance.
Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:49 pm
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2568Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Post Re: First Post

bluejatheist wrote:Not much to say, I live in the United States, have an interest in ornithology and counter-apologetics and hope to make my way on here and learn new ideas especially in the debate area. I've made sure to read the rules and hopefully wont be a nuisance.

Welcome aboard!

I see you've already tried the chatroom. Won't nag you to join that one then. :)
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215

The horse is a ferocious predator.
Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:51 pm
Duvelthehobbit666User avatarPosts: 1136Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:39 pmLocation: On a pale blue dot Gender: Male

Did Gnug give you cake in the chatroom?

"Beer, the cause of - and solution to - all of lifes problems" Homer Simpson

I have a blog now
Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:04 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5002Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

If he didn't, we'll take it up with management for you.

Welcome :D
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:13 pm
CosmicJoghurtPodcasterUser avatarPosts: 808Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:59 pm Gender: Pinecone

Welcome. There's a repetitive creationist debate every few days. Have fun!

:|
Perception of reality results in interpretation of reality which results in a deformation of reality.
Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:22 pm
LaurensSocial EditorUser avatarPosts: 2952Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:24 pmLocation: Norwich UK Gender: Male

Welcome :)

Orniphology sounds cool, are you interested in any particular species of bird? (I figured perhaps Blue Jays, but wasn't sure :P)

Laurens
Like the League of Reason on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

Shameless Self-Promotion
Listen to my music on Soundcloud
Like my music page on Facebook
Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:48 pm

I have most interest in passerines(Sparrows, jays, tits, finches and such) and parrots, can't really be too bothered with most of the popular raptors/birds of prey
Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:10 am
LaurensSocial EditorUser avatarPosts: 2952Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:24 pmLocation: Norwich UK Gender: Male

bluejatheist wrote:I have most interest in passerines(Sparrows, jays, tits, finches and such) and parrots, can't really be too bothered with most of the popular raptors/birds of prey

Cool :)

Is that a hobby or something you study or do for a living?
Like the League of Reason on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

Shameless Self-Promotion
Listen to my music on Soundcloud
Like my music page on Facebook
Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:55 pm
LallapalalableUser avatarPosts: 1205Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:35 pmLocation: That place between childhood and adulthood Gender: Male

My parents bred parrots when I was younger, always loved the amazons and macaws. Welcome home, son.
"I'm not stupid, I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." Watterson
Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:10 am
IsotelusBloggerUser avatarPosts: 317Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:59 am Gender: Tree

bluejatheist wrote:I have most interest in passerines(Sparrows, jays, tits, finches and such) and parrots, can't really be too bothered with most of the popular raptors/birds of prey

Woo, another bird-lover! I was going to study it in school but chose Palaeontology instead. My main interests are waterfowl and woodpeckers for non-passerines, and magpies and members of Drepanidae for passerines. I have a tattoo of an 'Akohekohe :D

Do you like bird photography?
Punnet square summer camp: Be there or be square!
Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:42 am

Laurens wrote:

Cool :)

Is that a hobby or something you study or do for a living?

For the time being I only study birds lightly and out of school, academically I'm at a point where I have yet to head down a particular path though my considerations range from film production or digital design, to pursuing a graduate education in biology and focusing on ornithology, and even to culinary or military depending on how things go and what options are available. Right now it's a matter of making a means to further education before setting a direction. In the meantime I just make a hobby of feeding and watching birds and taking note of their behavior. I can't own any birds at this time but my backyard is frequented by dozens of pigeons, finches and blue jays so I have plenty to observe.

Lallapalalable wrote:My parents bred parrots when I was younger, always loved the amazons and macaws. Welcome home, son.

I enjoy all the varieties of parrots from budgerigars to the kakapo. If my situation favored it I would likely spend the time I don't use for study or work to volunteer time at the nearest parrot sanctuary.

Isotelus wrote:

Woo, another bird-lover! I was going to study it in school but chose Palaeontology instead. My main interests are waterfowl and woodpeckers for non-passerines, and magpies and members of Drepanidae for passerines. I have a tattoo of an 'Akohekohe :D

Do you like bird photography?

I don't go birding or take many pictures of birds but I generally spend time looking at bird photography, such as on deviantart or in birding books.
Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:42 am
 [ 11 posts ] 
Return to Introduce Yourself!