Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Hello there

[ 10 posts ] 
Hello there
CEbbesenPosts: 224Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:46 amLocation: Seoul, South Korea. Gender: Male

Post Hello there

After joining many months ago, I figured I should make a post here

Hello!

I'm an Atheist, I run a Minecraft server popular among some members of LoR.
I also really like computers and gadgets.

Pizza isn't a vegetable US Congress!!
Nvidia, Fuck you!
- Linus Torvalds
Last edited by CEbbesen on Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:14 am
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2569Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Post Re: Hell there

Hi there strange new person, and welcome to LoR!

You should totally try out our chatroom sometime... I hear they have cake in tharr!

Also, what is this Minecraft you speak of?

And what what is this Pizza you speak of?

... and vegetables??
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215

The horse is a ferocious predator.
Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:09 am
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5003Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post Re: Hello there

Oi oi saveloy!
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:09 pm
CosmicJoghurtPodcasterUser avatarPosts: 808Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:59 pm Gender: Pinecone

Nice to meet you.
Perception of reality results in interpretation of reality which results in a deformation of reality.
Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:04 pm
DeanBlog EditorUser avatarPosts: 593Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 1:49 pmLocation: United Kingdom Gender: Pinecone

CEbbesen wrote:After joining many months ago, I figured I should make a post here

Hello!

Sorry, but ... couldn't resist bumping this topic. Just wanted to ask you something.

I was having something of a debate in the League of Reason chat-room as to whether or Finland counts as a part of the Scandinavian countries. Since you're Danish I figured you'd have some knowledge of this. But as far as I understand it:

The countries categorized as "Scandinavian" are the three Nordic kingdoms; Norway, Sweden, and Denmark, which is and "ethno-lingual" collective of countries categorized by their monarchs, shared cultures and related languages. Whereas the "Nordic" regions per se, are: Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Iceland, Greenland, & Finland. Presumably this is because of the fact that all of these countries share some semblence of Viking heritage, and were all under Viking rulers at one point or another in History.

But Iceland, Greenland, and Finland are not part of the Scandinavian group, because they have quite dissimilar cultures, and radically different languages. In Finland's case, the language is apparently originally Hungarian, and Finland is also classed as part of the Fennoscandian collective, rather than Scandinavia, so it is in no way part of Scandinavia, correct? It also has a Republic, cf. "Republic of Finland"â„¢, rather than a monarch ... any contentions, CEbbesen? :D
~~L.N

“You ask ‘Is there any Florida?’ I’m inclined to answer ‘No.’ There is no Florida, there’s only this, this England, which nauseates my soul.” – DH Lawrence

انقلابی
About Us
Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:49 pm
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2569Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Dean wrote:
CEbbesen wrote:After joining many months ago, I figured I should make a post here

Hello!

Sorry, but ... couldn't resist bumping this topic. Just wanted to ask you something.

I was having something of a debate in the League of Reason chat-room as to whether or Finland counts as a part of the Scandinavian countries. Since you're Danish I figured you'd have some knowledge of this. But as far as I understand it:

The countries categorized as "Scandinavian" are the three Nordic kingdoms; Norway, Sweden, and Denmark, which is and "ethno-lingual" collective of countries categorized by their monarchs, shared cultures and related languages. Whereas the "Nordic" regions per se, are: Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Iceland, Greenland, & Finland. Presumably this is because of the fact that all of these countries share some semblence of Viking heritage, and were all under Viking rulers at one point or another in History.

But Iceland, Greenland, and Finland are not part of the Scandinavian group, because they have quite dissimilar cultures, and radically different languages. In Finland's case, the language is apparently originally Hungarian, and Finland is also classed as part of the Fennoscandian collective, rather than Scandinavia, so it is in no way part of Scandinavia, correct? It also has a Republic, cf. "Republic of Finland"â„¢, rather than a monarch ... any contentions, CEbbesen? :D

I agree with the categories, but I honestly don't know the reasons for the categorization.
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215

The horse is a ferocious predator.
Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:50 am
CEbbesenPosts: 224Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:46 amLocation: Seoul, South Korea. Gender: Male

About Finland we don't count them in, it's just people getting the term Scandinavia wrong.

I personally don't see them as a Scandinavian country, more of the term you said Dean a Nordic country.
same goes for the rest of the countries you mentioned.
Nvidia, Fuck you!
- Linus Torvalds
Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:16 am
The Felonius PopePosts: 324Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:19 amLocation: Arizona

Nice to have you here. Pizza is a vegetable though, if you pretend hard enough. Here, thought you might enjoy this: Image
Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:21 am
Anachronous RexLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 2008Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:07 pmLocation: Kansas City, MO Gender: Male

CEbbesen wrote:About Finland we don't count them in, it's just people getting the term Scandinavia wrong.

I personally don't see them as a Scandinavian country, more of the term you said Dean a Nordic country.

Aww... you should let them in. And Estonia too, whynot?
Our prefrontal lobes are too small. Much too small. That's a problem of the birth canal, I'm very sorry to say for those that like their birth canals... tight.
-C. Hitchens.
Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:28 am

Anachronous Rex wrote:
CEbbesen wrote:About Finland we don't count them in, it's just people getting the term Scandinavia wrong.

Aww... you should let them in. And Estonia too, whynot?

Maybe if they ask really nice. Folklore says that our flag fell from the sky in Estonia, so we won a battle over there. but that's about the only connection they have with Scandinavia.
Nvidia, Fuck you!
- Linus Torvalds
Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:43 am
 [ 10 posts ] 
Return to Introduce Yourself!