Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Its The Pope

[ 12 posts ] 
Its The Pope
The Felonius PopePosts: 324Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:19 amLocation: Arizona

Post Its The Pope

Hey guys. I guess I'll introduce myself. I live in Arizona and dream of moving somewhere cold, am an amateur photographer, and continue to skateboard even though I suck at it. I collect coins and am a huge fan of Minecraft and Star Wars. I lost my faith when I was 15 and thought this site might be a cool place to find like minded people. I'm glad to say I have. By the way, anyone else like the movie Dr. Strangelove?
Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:55 am
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2565Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Post Re: Its The Pope

The Felonius Pope wrote:Hey guys. I guess I'll introduce myself. I live in Arizona and dream of moving somewhere cold, am an amateur photographer, and continue to skateboard even though I suck at it. I collect coins and am a huge fan of Minecraft and Star Wars. I lost my faith when I was 15 and thought this site might be a cool place to find like minded people. I'm glad to say I have. By the way, anyone else like the movie Dr. Strangelove?

Welcome aboard!

I don't think you'll find any like minded people here...

... I mean, I don't know anyone here who skateboards AND collects coins. Such a combination is rare! And throw in the other details into the mix, and you'd have a hard time finding anyone else in the world who was like that!

Ahem, but seriously... I kinda collect coins. "Normal" ones that I put in a box and go down to the bank with once a year.
I'm also a Minecraft fan, and in case you hadn't noticed, there's a thread about Minecraft on these boards, and some people from here play on a server.
EDIT: I just checked that Minecraft thread (haven't for some days now), and realized you've already found it. Sorry! :)

I used to skateboard, but as opposed to you, I sucked so much that I quit long ago. I also used to love Star Wars, but the new movies have really diminished my love for the saga.

I liked the movie Dr. Strangelove, but I am not a huge fan as I know many others (here also) are.

Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy your stay here. Try the chatroom sometime, there's cake! :)
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215

The horse is a ferocious predator.
Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:14 am
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5002Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Wotcha.

I like Dr Strangelove, but have no real interest in coins. I like the way people used to cut them up:

"Two chickens and a punnet of strawberries? That'll be six slivers of bronze or a whole tin effigy of Boudicca, please squire*".

*not verbatim
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:52 am

Hmmm. I can't say I agree with you on the coins part,Prolescum, but Dr. Strangelove is pretty awesome.
Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:31 pm
televatorUser avatarPosts: 1252Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:02 amLocation: In hell, rocking out with Satan! Gender: Cake

The Felonius Pope wrote:I live in Arizona and dream of moving somewhere cold....By the way, anyone else like the movie Dr. Strangelove?

I do too and hell yeah!

Welcome! :D
a·the·ism: The absence of belief in god(s)

There are no additional, claims, laws, commandments, rules, doctrines, presuppositions, stand alone ideologies, dogmas, and/or faith based beliefs required by or inevitably derived from atheism.
Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:02 pm

You're from Arizona too, Televator? What city? :)
Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:25 pm
Anachronous RexLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 2008Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:07 pmLocation: Kansas City, MO Gender: Male

The Felonius Pope wrote:Hey guys. I guess I'll introduce myself. I live in Arizona and dream of moving somewhere cold

Don't do it man. Don't do it.

The snow seems fun at first, but it gets tiresome right quick (this usually happens around the first time you have to dig out your car at 4 in the morning in order to get to work on time and its -10 degrees outside.) Just hop over to Santa Fe, its lovely there.
Our prefrontal lobes are too small. Much too small. That's a problem of the birth canal, I'm very sorry to say for those that like their birth canals... tight.
-C. Hitchens.
Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:31 pm

I do love New Mexico, but -15 degrees just seems to be a good temperature for me. By the way, check out this picture (athiest zia sun symbol?).[Image
Last edited by The Felonius Pope on Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:39 pm
televatorUser avatarPosts: 1252Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:02 amLocation: In hell, rocking out with Satan! Gender: Cake

The Felonius Pope wrote:You're from Arizona too, Televator? What city? :)

I'm in Phoenix, how about you?

Now I don't know about -15 degrees but I would like a place that doesn't go anywhere near 110+ degrees like AZ. You open up a door out here in the summer and it feels like you're stepping into furnace.
a·the·ism: The absence of belief in god(s)

There are no additional, claims, laws, commandments, rules, doctrines, presuppositions, stand alone ideologies, dogmas, and/or faith based beliefs required by or inevitably derived from atheism.
Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:32 pm

I used to live in Mesa but I have been living in Maricopa for the past 9 years. I hate it down here...there's nothing to do!
Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:55 pm
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3347Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

The Felonius Pope wrote:Image

I really like this.

And Santa Fe has been around -15F this winter. It has been a cold winter for most of New Mexico. However, summer will come and it will be just as hot as most of Arizona.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:25 pm
YIM WWW

It would seem as though there are a lot of people from the southwest on this site... cool. :mrgreen: I would much rather

be in NM right now then AZ. I actually have a couple of acres of land in Los Lunas, but not enough money to do anything

with them.
Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:16 am
 [ 12 posts ] 
Return to Introduce Yourself!