Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Oh yeah! A Hello

[ 14 posts ] 
Oh yeah! A Hello
KittenKoderPosts: 65Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:25 pm Gender: Cake

Post Oh yeah! A Hello

I tend to forget to say hi. I'm an ex-Mormon, raised by a strict religious mother and pretty much forced to memorize a lot of religious doctrine. Father was working a lot to maintain the family (he was a closet bisexual as well). One day I just said no more church and he was the only family member that supported me, well, he was also fed up with it all as well so really we just both supported each other.

I am a philosopher, but not a schooled one, I just enjoy seeing and analyzing how people believe in things. A dinosaur computer programmer by trade, who actually preferred working in the service industry. However I was pruned as a child to be an evangelist, so yeah, I have a knack for speaking but have very poor writing skills. I love almost all music, as long as it's different enough for me to notice from most mainstream music. I also hate following social constructs, it's an exercise in futility.

The drawback with being an orator trained by religious freaks is I can make a lie believable, which sucks when you know it's a lie and have no choice. Would have been nice to instead break the shackles of religious ideologies while giving such a speech and just explain to the crowd how it's all a lie, but meh, regrets are pointless.

Anyhow, my scientific understanding is technologies, and how they work, but have lost track of the latest advances. In other words, I can tell you how the latest CPUs work but have no idea which is which anymore. I also have a fascination with ancient Egyptian culture, mostly their myths and legendary figures but a few factual ones have caught my attention as well, like Imhotep (the only reason I don't like The Mummy).

Long bios, I'm good with those too. :oops:
Gone
Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:57 pm
australopithecusAdministratorUser avatarPosts: 4287Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: Oh yeah! A Hello

Welcome, enjoy the view.
Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:02 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5002Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

I'm just a prole. The upside to that is that hope lies with me.

Hello.

Cake and orange squash is available in the chat room, I think.
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:04 pm

Prolescum wrote:I'm just a prole. The upside to that is that hope lies with me.

Hello.

Cake and orange squash is available in the chat room, I think.

Thanks, but I prefer IRC chat to other chats, the client program does not interfere with other activities. Yeah, I'm one of those geeks. A million things open and running all the time.
Gone
Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:18 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5002Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

It's #lor on OFTC :D
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:34 pm
SquawkModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2011Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:25 pm Gender: Tree

Couldn't agree more re IRC, irc.oftc.net, #lor (same thing as the chat link above, just doesn't use the mibbit web client).

Welcome to the boards
Pope Rat: "Exclusion of God, religion and virtue from public life leads ultimately to a truncated vision of man and of society and thus a reductive vision of a person and his destiny."

Squawk response: "O Rly?"
Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:32 am

Sweet, it's on IRC. Heheh.
Gone
Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:24 am
televatorUser avatarPosts: 1252Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:02 amLocation: In hell, rocking out with Satan! Gender: Cake

Welcome to the madhouse. Please don't feed the creatures...unless it's cake.
a·the·ism: The absence of belief in god(s)

There are no additional, claims, laws, commandments, rules, doctrines, presuppositions, stand alone ideologies, dogmas, and/or faith based beliefs required by or inevitably derived from atheism.
Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:42 am
DepricatedZeroChat ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 1333Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 11:43 amLocation: Cincinnati, OH Gender: Pinecone

Welcome aboard! Stop by chat, we have fun. And some of us talk code from time to time, or OS, or whatever the hell else is bothering us. Haha.

Good to see another geek. :ugeek:
Why does my life have to be so small
And death is forever
And does forever have a life to call its own?
Don't give me an answer cause you only know
As much as I know
Unless you've been there once
And I hardly think so

Green Day - One of My Lies
Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:15 am
The Felonius PopePosts: 324Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:19 amLocation: Arizona

Hi there! I too have had to deal with Mormon family members.
Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:59 am

Thank you all. I am enjoying intelligent debates, been all too long since I have had or even read them. The IRC channel is awesome as well.
Gone
Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:43 pm
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2568Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

KittenKoder wrote:Thank you all. I am enjoying intelligent debates, been all too long since I have had or even read them. The IRC channel is awesome as well.

But of course it is. What with all the cake... and Wark in there!

Welcome aboard! :)
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215

The horse is a ferocious predator.
Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:40 pm
CEbbesenPosts: 224Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:46 amLocation: Seoul, South Korea. Gender: Male

Hello and Welcome to the League of Reason :)
Nvidia, Fuck you!
- Linus Torvalds
Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:44 am
NothPodcasterUser avatarPosts: 335Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:25 pmLocation: the Nether-regions Gender: Male

Chat to the cake.

The welcome is a lie.
Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:37 pm
 [ 14 posts ] 
Return to Introduce Yourself!