Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

The "show-more" button

Forum rules

Once an issue has been solved or a satisfactory conclusion has been achieved (by discussion or an administrator decision) threads will be locked to prevent them being bumped.

Do not expect that your suggestion will be implemented regardless of how good you think your idea it is. There are many factors as to why something may be dismissed. The thread will have been locked for good reason, and your thread should serve as a reminder to others that the suggestion has already been made and implemented or dismissed.
 [ 6 posts ] 
The "show-more" button
InfernoContributorUser avatarPosts: 2298Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:36 pmLocation: Vienna, Austria Gender: Cake

Post The "show-more" button

I've had this problem with a few of the ShowMore buttons now, but never consistently throughout nor consistently in a thread.
Basically what happens is I click on the ShowMore tag, but I'm taken to the top of the topic. (Scrollbar is in the middle, then I click, scrollbar is on the top so I see the thread title, messages, my account, etc. etc.)

I can, of course, see them if I click on the "quote" button, but that's an annoying way to see posts. Suggestions?
"Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed." ― Friedrich Nietzsche

"I shall achieve my objectives through the power... of Science!" --LessWrong
Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:56 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 4994Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post Re: The "show-more" button

Can you post your browser type, which add-ons you use (adblock, noscript, note taking etc - any that may affect the content) and which OS (including version)?

I'll see if I can replicate the error. If anyone else has experienced this issue, please post giving the same details.
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:43 am
InfernoContributorUser avatarPosts: 2298Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:36 pmLocation: Vienna, Austria Gender: Cake

Windows 7 Premium x64, Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
Google Chrome 25.0.1364.172 m
Flash Control 3.0.16, Lazarus Form Recovery 3.0.5, Plugins 0.8.0, plus a few deactivated ones

Come to think of it, it started roughly around the time I installed TuneUp 2013, which cleaned out a lot of stuff. (There's one button that says "Browsercleanup" or somesuch... I just went with it.)
"Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed." ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:20 am
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 4994Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Sweet. Will get on it when I return home.

Can't remember the last time I booted into Windows. If I come back angry, don't take it personally :lol:

I'll look into whatever TuneUp is too.
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:16 pm

Prolescum wrote:Sweet. Will get on it when I return home.

Can't remember the last time I booted into Windows. If I come back angry, don't take it personally :lol:

I'll look into whatever TuneUp is too.

What do you use, ubuntu? Linux? You rebel!

TuneUp is a program that makes your computer faster. Basically I'm constantly broke, so I installed it. It fixes your registry, cleans out old programs, deletes unnecessary stuff, deactivates start-up programs... That kinda thing. And hey, it really does work.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:48 pm

I use Debian, Ubuntu, and elementaryOS (same shit for the most part). Have used Linux pretty exclusively for at least a decade now...

I have a copy of XP on my crappy old Debian machine and 7 on my laptop (I use elementary as my day-to-day OS), Ubuntu on my Lilliputer. Last time I used one (Win7) was to try out Star Trek Online. Nice game, but it's no Dungeon Keeper II.

...and here's me thinking it was well known. I even created an LoR gnome-shell theme some time back. :'(

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=9877

Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:11 pm
 [ 6 posts ] 
Return to Issues & Suggestions