Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

YouTube account name doesn't exist?

Forum rules

Once an issue has been solved or a satisfactory conclusion has been achieved (by discussion or an administrator decision) threads will be locked to prevent them being bumped.

Do not expect that your suggestion will be implemented regardless of how good you think your idea it is. There are many factors as to why something may be dismissed. The thread will have been locked for good reason, and your thread should serve as a reminder to others that the suggestion has already been made and implemented or dismissed.
 [ 3 posts ] 
YouTube account name doesn't exist?
*SD*User avatarPosts: 120Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:00 amLocation: Wales, UK Gender: Male

Post YouTube account name doesn't exist?

Not that this is important, but I was just updating my user profile here and tapped in my YouTube channel, it says it doesn't exist. I don't care about it, but thought it's something maybe the board admins might want to check into.
Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:58 pm
VivreUser avatarPosts: 351Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:05 pmLocation: dungeon of despair Gender: Female

Post Re: YouTube account name doesn't exist?

I have the same issue and had tried it short after I joint.
It was a bit shocking to see as I fear that this is just another sign on the way on which g00gle is eliminating the old yt-channels.

I wonder how LoR backchecks the validity of a channel but I still get the user-api-data with yt-name or channel-ID allright.

If anyone likes to check out his channel, use any of the following links (change name/ID):
- http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/users/NAME
- http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/users/YOUR22LetterLongID
and save the offered file as NAME.xml
Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:17 am
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 4985Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post Re: YouTube account name doesn't exist?

I'm looking into this. Will update as and when :)
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:49 pm
 [ 3 posts ] 
Return to Issues & Suggestions