Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Possible viruses?

Forum rules

Once an issue has been solved or a satisfactory conclusion has been achieved (by discussion or an administrator decision) threads will be locked to prevent them being bumped.

Do not expect that your suggestion will be implemented regardless of how good you think your idea it is. There are many factors as to why something may be dismissed. The thread will have been locked for good reason, and your thread should serve as a reminder to others that the suggestion has already been made and implemented or dismissed.
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 4 posts ] 
Possible viruses?
forgotten observerUser avatarPosts: 99Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:21 am

Post Possible viruses?

I was loading page 3 of this thread viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3772 When a message from chrome came up saying that There was a known distrubitor of malware installed on the page and that I should not view it, this is rather worrying me. Can someone else see if chrome gives them the same message and if so why?
"Nobody is ever born into this world as a soldier. "
—Rau Le Creuset, Mobile Suit Gundam Seed
Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:50 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5003Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post Re: Possible viruses?

Hi.

I was able to replicate the warning in Chromium (but not any other browser).

An image from a Russian blog used by VyckRo was seemingly hosted on the same server as that malicious site. Probably entirely innocent. It has been removed. The warning no longer appears in Chromium.

The League of Reason has no malware (according to both Google, via its webmaster tools, and my own visual inspection of the pre- and post- generated page code, server, and database).

I hope that puts your mind at ease, matey.
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:41 pm
forgotten observerUser avatarPosts: 99Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:21 am

Prolescum wrote:Hi.

An image from a Russian blog used by VyckRo was seemingly hosted on the same server as that malicious site. Probably entirely innocent. It has been removed. The warning no longer appears in Chromium.

The League of Reason has no malware (according to both Google, via its webmaster tools, and my own visual inspection of the pre- and post- generated page code, server, and database).

It does, thanks for the concern. I'm just slightly paranoid as I really like this forum but I have no real internet security and I have some personal information dotted around my computer. But knowing it was simply the source of an image is relieving, ta.
"Nobody is ever born into this world as a soldier. "
—Rau Le Creuset, Mobile Suit Gundam Seed
Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:22 pm
NemesiahPosts: 429Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 8:00 amLocation: Mexico Gender: Male

forgotten observer wrote:
Prolescum wrote:Hi.

It does, thanks for the concern. I'm just slightly paranoid as I really like this forum but I have no real internet security and I have some personal information dotted around my computer. But knowing it was simply the source of an image is relieving, ta.

In my opinion nothing beats healthy internet practices (not keeping all paswords equal, not opening files from dubios souces, avoiding certain freestuffs from the internet, etc...) when it comes to internet security, that having been said, I would strongly recomend getting yourself an internet security solution as they can save you from a world of hedaches.
Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:19 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 4 posts ] 
Return to Issues & Suggestions