Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

YouTube Account Name

Forum rules

Once an issue has been solved or a satisfactory conclusion has been achieved (by discussion or an administrator decision) threads will be locked to prevent them being bumped.

Do not expect that your suggestion will be implemented regardless of how good you think your idea it is. There are many factors as to why something may be dismissed. The thread will have been locked for good reason, and your thread should serve as a reminder to others that the suggestion has already been made and implemented or dismissed.
 [ 9 posts ] 
YouTube Account Name
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3123Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Post YouTube Account Name

I was trying to change my profile settings, but when I tried, I get this message:

League of Reason wrote:The YouTube account name you entered does not exist, is suspended or closed.

My YouTube account is not closed or suspended.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:57 am
YIM WWW
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 4985Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post Re: YouTube Account Name

I believe this is due to a slight API change by YouTube. I'll look into it this evening and try to fix it.
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:05 am
VivreUser avatarPosts: 351Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:05 pmLocation: dungeon of despair Gender: Female

Hi,
maybe merge these two topics YouTube account name doesn't exist? ;)
Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:39 am
Foxcanine1User avatarPosts: 17Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:40 pm Gender: Male

I'm getting the same message when I try to update my profile. Any fixes yet?
Fear is the greatest enemy of liberty, and as such, is the greatest enemy to reason.
Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:02 am
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 4985Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

I'm looking at it now. Will report back later.

ETA:

I've taken access to the option offline for the time being. I need to spend a little time getting to know the YouTube API before I fix it. Prompt me again end of next week for an update.
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Last edited by Prolescum on Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to add
Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:47 pm

Okay, sounds good.
Fear is the greatest enemy of liberty, and as such, is the greatest enemy to reason.
Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:19 am

Figured it out. I'm no longer having the quote problem.
Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:32 pm
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3123Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Prolescum wrote:I've taken access to the option offline for the time being. I need to spend a little time getting to know the YouTube API before I fix it. Prompt me again end of next week for an update.

I guess this is a long time overdue. I tried to do something with my profile a few days ago and it would not let me make an update because of my YouTube account.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:34 pm
YIM WWW

I'll get back to you later today, old chum.

Edit:

I've removed your YT account. Can you edit the profile now?

Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:00 am
 [ 9 posts ] 
Return to Issues & Suggestions