Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Search results

Forum rules

Once an issue has been solved or a satisfactory conclusion has been achieved (by discussion or an administrator decision) threads will be locked to prevent them being bumped.

Do not expect that your suggestion will be implemented regardless of how good you think your idea it is. There are many factors as to why something may be dismissed. The thread will have been locked for good reason, and your thread should serve as a reminder to others that the suggestion has already been made and implemented or dismissed.
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 6 posts ] 
Search results
Dragan GlasContributorUser avatarPosts: 2956Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:55 amLocation: Ireland Gender: Male

Post Search results

Greetings,

I was searching for a post of mine regarding vivisection/animal testing, however I can't seem to find it.

I've tried "vivisection" and "IAVS" (the anti-vivisection organisation in Ireland) both of which I mentioned in the post - but no results are returned.

Any suggestions as to why not?

Kindest regards,

James
"The Word of God is the Creation we behold and it is in this Word, which no human invention can counterfeit or alter, that God speaketh universally to man."
The Age Of Reason
Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:03 am
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5002Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post Re: Search results

The search here has never been useful or accurate. Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about it. No swapsies.

You could try using Google like item item site:theleagueofreason.co.uk
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:51 am
VivreUser avatarPosts: 351Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:05 pmLocation: dungeon of despair Gender: Female

Hi James,

I tried to find it too, but the trick via g00g + hp didn't work out in the end.
The onboard search was better just using animal + author.

Among the results this topic/posting seems most likely: viewtopic.php?p=141010#p141010
It doesn't contain a direct link to IAVS, but the last link leads to an irishexaminer article which refers to 'The Irish Anti-Vivisection Society'.

Maybe you thought to have mentioned it, remembring it being an important part of the whole subject. (?) Well - I've experienced similar with myself ;-)

And a tip just in case: your postings are often long and the search only regards the first 300 characters if you don't choose different. You wouldn't have found that link even knowing it.

sorry I couldn't find any of the other words ~ greets
Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:16 pm
Dragan GlasContributorUser avatarPosts: 2956Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:55 amLocation: Ireland Gender: Male

Greetings,

Thanks, Prolescum.

In future, I'll just have to be less specific!

Is what Vivre said about the 300 character limit correct?

Vivre, that's the one for which I was looking! :D

Maybe you thought to have mentioned it, remembring it being an important part of the whole subject. (?) Well - I've experienced similar with myself ;-)

Yes, that's what happened - I remembered that the IAVS was mentioned and thought I'd said it rather than it being in a linked article.

I should have remembered the computer-modelling one and used that instead.

Thank you, again! ;)

Kindest regards,

James
"The Word of God is the Creation we behold and it is in this Word, which no human invention can counterfeit or alter, that God speaketh universally to man."
The Age Of Reason
Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:56 pm
VivreUser avatarPosts: 351Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:05 pmLocation: dungeon of despair Gender: Female

Dragan Glas wrote:Vivre, that's the one for which I was looking! :D

Glad it turned out right :-)

Well, and the 300 character setting you can find bottom right on the search field (if you use the advanced search). I didn't give it a test-row to check if it works but it somehow returns different text-areas when used ;-)

cheers
Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:18 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5002Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

It seems that Vivre answered the remaining question, so thread closed :)
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:47 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 6 posts ] 
Return to Issues & Suggestions