Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Can we just ban Elshamah already?

Forum rules

Once an issue has been solved or a satisfactory conclusion has been achieved (by discussion or an administrator decision) threads will be locked to prevent them being bumped.

Do not expect that your suggestion will be implemented regardless of how good you think your idea it is. There are many factors as to why something may be dismissed. The thread will have been locked for good reason, and your thread should serve as a reminder to others that the suggestion has already been made and implemented or dismissed.
 [ 7 posts ] 
Can we just ban Elshamah already?
itsdemtitansBloggerUser avatarPosts: 706Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:36 pm Gender: Male

Post Can we just ban Elshamah already?

Please?? He does nothing but spam, does not engage in discussion, and when it's pointed out his Irreducibly complexity arguments are flawed he just ignores it, waits a week, and comes back with a rehashed version acting like it's still valid.

It's annoying and no one learns anything. Is there even a reason to let it continue?
Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:45 pm
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3317Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Post Re: Can we just ban Elshamah already?

he_who_is_nobody wrote:I do not know about getting rid of him, but in the meantime, you could always just ignore him. I am sure [if] he stops getting attraction, he will crawl back under the bridge he came from.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:26 pm
YIM WWW
SpecialFrogUser avatarPosts: 827Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:13 pmLocation: Great White North Gender: Tree

Particularly since virtually all of his links are to his own site.
"Life is nothing but an electron looking for a place to rest" -- Albert Szent-Gyrgyi
Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:26 pm
Collecemall

I'm rarely in favor of a ban. I am however torn in this case because he is in effect advertising for his own forum. Which is not only likely against the rules(it should be if it's not) it's extremely rude. I'm an old school gamer and this is one of the few offenses I don't tolerate in that arena and don't think anyone should here. I find it particularly sad that he has quoted the same copy pasta multiple times. I don't know if he just doesn't realize it or doesn't care but it's a pretty solid indicator that he isn't involved in a discussion. You can do like I did with Bonehead V. and put him on your foes list so that you don't have to offend your eyes with more nonsense.
"Every man is a creature of the age in which he lives, and few are able to raise themselves above the ideas of their time."
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ~~Voltaire
Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:29 pm
itsdemtitansBloggerUser avatarPosts: 706Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:36 pm Gender: Male

Collecemall wrote:I'm rarely in favor of a ban. I am however torn in this case because he is in effect advertising for his own forum. Which is not only likely against the rules(it should be if it's not) it's extremely rude. I'm an old school gamer and this is one of the few offenses I don't tolerate in that arena and don't think anyone should here. I find it particularly sad that he has quoted the same copy pasta multiple times. I don't know if he just doesn't realize it or doesn't care but it's a pretty solid indicator that he isn't involved in a discussion. You can do like I did with Bonehead V. and put him on your foes list so that you don't have to offend your eyes with more nonsense.

I've put Bonehead.cantlearn on my foes list as well. Not that it matters, he seems to have left at this point

My issue with Elshamah is mainly the fact he keeps spamming the same plagiarized crap over and over. As Hackenslash pointed out to me when I first registered here he has Bot like tendencies.

It also makes me sad that his spam is basically 90% of the activity here now.
Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:02 am
Dragan GlasContributorUser avatar
Posts: 2954Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:55 amLocation: Ireland Gender: Male

Greetings,

What I find irritating is that it's not his own words - or thoughts - just plagiarised work where "I think..." is actually another person's words.

I'm not sure how the rules apply here - perhaps posters who do this sort of thing should be made to write out their own explanations for things or use the QUOTE function to indicate when they're quoting others' work.

If they don't use the QUOTE function in this instance, they should be warned and subsequently suspended for ever longer periods until they do or leave of their own accord.

Kindest regards,

James
"The Word of God is the Creation we behold and it is in this Word, which no human invention can counterfeit or alter, that God speaketh universally to man."
The Age Of Reason
Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:05 am
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5001Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Allah didn't give Elshawarma a long term memory, so he uses his "virtual" library as a substitute. He's restricted to one thread because he rarely responds in person, but he does respond. It is up to you chaps to get him out of his carapace of gibberish, if you can be arsed, and if you're not happy with the amount of discussion going on, make some more; only Elkebab has restrictions on creating threads :D
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:24 am
 [ 7 posts ] 
Return to Issues & Suggestions