Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Living

Forum rules

Once an issue has been solved or a satisfactory conclusion has been achieved (by discussion or an administrator decision) threads will be locked to prevent them being bumped.

Do not expect that your suggestion will be implemented regardless of how good you think your idea it is. There are many factors as to why something may be dismissed. The thread will have been locked for good reason, and your thread should serve as a reminder to others that the suggestion has already been made and implemented or dismissed.
 [ 8 posts ] 
Living
NemesiahPosts: 429Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 8:00 amLocation: Mexico Gender: Male

Post Living

I was thinking about starting a veganism thread but I cant think of where to put it, should ther be a "fine living and health" place

If not, where do you propose (keep it clean) I post my veganism thread?

Thanks in advance
Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:09 am
nasher168League LegendUser avatarPosts: 2518Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:34 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

Post Re: Living

General discussion, I would guess... Wherever, really. If the people posting in the thread overwhelmingly say it's in the wrong place, then I'm sure I or another mod can simply move it.
A great Charity
Apologies for my absence of late.
Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:21 am

I will post it there then; thanks

I would however like to propose adding a "Fine living and health" forum to discuss things from how to make your own socks and upholster a star shaped cushion to cooking a mean avocado wrap and excercising.

A healthy mind in a healthy body, right?
Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:33 am
Aught3ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 4290Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:36 amLocation: New Zealand Gender: Male

If it's an ethical vegan thread it should probably go in philosophy, otherwise general discussion is fine.
Wanderer, there is no path, the path is made by walking.
Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:39 am
borrofburiModeratorPosts: 3527Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:27 pm Gender: Male

I agree with this idea. I made a post on the science of happiness, and put it in the science and mathematics forum, but it makes more sense under a "good living" sort of forum.
Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:38 am
LallapalalableUser avatarPosts: 1205Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:35 pmLocation: That place between childhood and adulthood Gender: Male

Maybe a Lifestyles forum?
"I'm not stupid, I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." Watterson
Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:58 am
AndromedasWakeLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 598Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:38 pmLocation: Captain's Chair, League HQ Gender: Cake

Maybe a forum about Health?

Would that belong under Reason? Or rather, would the purpose be to discuss these topics with respect to reason and rational arguments?
ImageImage
(( "We are 'star-stuff'. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan | Music! | Twitter - [ AndromedasWake | SiriusStargazer ] ))
Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:29 pm

AndromedasWake wrote:Maybe a forum about Health?

Would that belong under Reason? Or rather, would the purpose be to discuss these topics with respect to reason and rational arguments?

I believe It would belong under Reason; I don't think we will turn it into Martha Stewart Living (still It could have topics like those) but from a reason perspective is vegetarianism ok? What are good strategies for saving up? Are Hammocks good or bad for your health? Are crunches good for your back? this of course triying to discus with reasonable people how they would go about som things and even some tutorials (cook this.. fix that...) In living and helath travel also makes sense Thunderf00t has some videos on the Great American Outback I belive.

The tutorials and travel seem to make it more an Everything else forum...

Either way It would be fine I guess

I think the Idea is to give it a perspective of "Reasonable people think this about living" not so much a "my kitten just turned 13 yesterday" (although who in the internets doesn't love dunecat and his spice monopoly?)
Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:12 pm
 [ 8 posts ] 
Return to Issues & Suggestions