Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

question about edited posts

Forum rules

Once an issue has been solved or a satisfactory conclusion has been achieved (by discussion or an administrator decision) threads will be locked to prevent them being bumped.

Do not expect that your suggestion will be implemented regardless of how good you think your idea it is. There are many factors as to why something may be dismissed. The thread will have been locked for good reason, and your thread should serve as a reminder to others that the suggestion has already been made and implemented or dismissed.
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 3 posts ] 
question about edited posts
LallapalalableUser avatarPosts: 1205Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:35 pmLocation: That place between childhood and adulthood Gender: Male

Post question about edited posts

I noticed that sometimes when I edit a post, there appears a small font message under my signiature that says "edited by Lalls, edited X times total" But sometimes that message does not appear. Ive been observing this time and again, and I think I know whats what; that the "edited..." message appears usually after other people have posted after mine, and doesnt when they havent. Is that the criteria? Just curious.
"I'm not stupid, I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." Watterson
Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:36 pm
lrkunUser avatarPosts: 3831Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:37 pmLocation: R. Gender: Tree

Post Re: question about edited posts

Lallapalalable wrote:I noticed that sometimes when I edit a post, there appears a small font message under my signiature that says "edited by Lalls, edited X times total" But sometimes that message does not appear. Ive been observing this time and again, and I think I know whats what; that the "edited..." message appears usually after other people have posted after mine, and doesnt when they havent. Is that the criteria? Just curious.

It is the only criteria. Even if you post something, as long as no one subsequently post after you, it can still be edited and no mini letters will show. It can be considered as a form of reference in a case where one posts one thing, another person replies, and then the former edits the original. If the later replies does not fit the former, it can be presumed, albeit desputable, that the former intentionally wish to cause ambiguity and misinformation. Hehe.
Unsupport unthink.
Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:08 pm
Aught3ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 4290Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:36 amLocation: New Zealand Gender: Male

Post Re: question about edited posts

Lallapalalable wrote:that the "edited..." message appears usually after other people have posted after mine, and doesnt when they havent. Is that the criteria? Just curious.
Correct, that is the criteria.
Wanderer, there is no path, the path is made by walking.
Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:12 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 3 posts ] 
Return to Issues & Suggestions