Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Question about edited posts MKII

Forum rules

Once an issue has been solved or a satisfactory conclusion has been achieved (by discussion or an administrator decision) threads will be locked to prevent them being bumped.

Do not expect that your suggestion will be implemented regardless of how good you think your idea it is. There are many factors as to why something may be dismissed. The thread will have been locked for good reason, and your thread should serve as a reminder to others that the suggestion has already been made and implemented or dismissed.
 [ 2 posts ] 
Question about edited posts MKII
JustBusiness17User avatarPosts: 1484Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:29 amLocation: Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, The Universe, Etc etc... Gender: Male

Post Question about edited posts MKII

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6019

:| I see thread locking is now a regular practice. In this case it was done a little prematurely.

Editing after someone has replied is only one of the criteria for an editing note. There is also a short timer that gives people enough time to make some final edits. It's set/disabled at the discretion of the administrator. If I'm not mistaken, the counter on LoR was/is set at either 5 or 10 minutes.
ttyl
Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:21 pm
CosmicSporkLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 929Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:36 pmLocation: UK Gender: Cake

Post Re: Question about edited posts MKII

Yeah I didn't lock the last one normally I'd leave it for a week or two.

Can't find the setting in the admin area at first glance but yes there is a short period of time after posting where the edit message won't come up.
“Nothing is as frustrating as arguing with someone who knows what he's talking about.” - Sam Ewing
Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:58 pm
 [ 2 posts ] 
Return to Issues & Suggestions