Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

New Look

Forum rules

Once an issue has been solved or a satisfactory conclusion has been achieved (by discussion or an administrator decision) threads will be locked to prevent them being bumped.

Do not expect that your suggestion will be implemented regardless of how good you think your idea it is. There are many factors as to why something may be dismissed. The thread will have been locked for good reason, and your thread should serve as a reminder to others that the suggestion has already been made and implemented or dismissed.
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 7 posts ] 
New Look
buzzausaUser avatarPosts: 179Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:30 amLocation: Texas

Post New Look

I didn't know where to comment on the new look of the site so here it goes:
Love the Brain-bulb but the background color melted my eyes when I logged in.....

Nah...it took me by surprise..I wasn't expecting it...but it's growing on me.....are you guys trying to mind-control us? :shock:
**Under Construction**

Be patient..we're working for you
Thu May 14, 2009 5:49 am
FingerUser avatarPosts: 354Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:13 amLocation: California

Post Re: New Look

I like the blue look. But the hyperlink colors are really hard to notice. See? Did you even notice the link in that last sentence?

I would suggest having the default text color off white, then the links full white. Full white text on a background this dark is hard on the eyes.
Artist for Red Oasis
Thu May 14, 2009 6:13 am
CosmicSporkLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 929Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:36 pmLocation: UK Gender: Cake

I will be tweaking the colours etc over the next week or so to try and get it as non-eye melting as possible, I only had a limited number of people to test it with and everyone has different monitors and settings so it was bound to be an issue for some.

@Finger: I do agree with you, and I will be making changes to the colours as I have said above and will try to come up with something suitable. At the moment the link colours are inherited from a main link class but it might be necessary to make one just for post body links.

Thanks for the feedback :)
“Nothing is as frustrating as arguing with someone who knows what he's talking about.” - Sam Ewing
Thu May 14, 2009 7:46 am
MachineSp1ritUser avatarPosts: 180Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:52 pmLocation: Georgia

I like it too but... it's too bright, i mean, there often are huge posts on the forum and you have to do a lot of reading, so could u select some color that would not hurt eyes that much?
Thu May 14, 2009 1:39 pm
CosmicSporkLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 929Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:36 pmLocation: UK Gender: Cake

I've already toned down the white text in posts, it's actually no brighter than on the previous theme... unless you are referring to background colours or something?
“Nothing is as frustrating as arguing with someone who knows what he's talking about.” - Sam Ewing
Thu May 14, 2009 1:46 pm
MachineSp1ritUser avatarPosts: 180Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:52 pmLocation: Georgia

yeah i meant background colors. i'm on different comp right now and it looks pretty good.. forget it.
Thu May 14, 2009 5:30 pm
SleazyUser avatarPosts: 22Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:56 pmLocation: New York City

The colors hurt my eyes. Dark background with light foreground colors are usually a bad idea.
Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:52 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 7 posts ] 
Return to Issues & Suggestions