Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Why Can't I get in on my main IP?

Forum rules

Once an issue has been solved or a satisfactory conclusion has been achieved (by discussion or an administrator decision) threads will be locked to prevent them being bumped.

Do not expect that your suggestion will be implemented regardless of how good you think your idea it is. There are many factors as to why something may be dismissed. The thread will have been locked for good reason, and your thread should serve as a reminder to others that the suggestion has already been made and implemented or dismissed.
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 5 posts ] 
Why Can't I get in on my main IP?
ThePuppyTurtleUser avatarPosts: 173Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:26 am Gender: Tree

Post Why Can't I get in on my main IP?

Why Does my Main IP Address give me this when I try to Come Here?
"We are performing some maintenance. We will be back shortly."
Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:36 am
kenandkidsUser avatarPosts: 1117Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:00 pm Gender: Pinecone

Post Re: Why Can't I get in on my main IP?

If you are using chrome then it is because Chrome remembers your last visit which is likely when they were doing maintenance. You need to manually type in the address a few times and then there won't be a problem. Otherwise, you are likely trying to log in during the maintenance... and well... just wait till it's done...
Teapublican commandment:
Thou shalt not educate or improve the lives of the lesser classes, the lesser races, or women.

Fiddler on:

http://obnoxi.us/
Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:44 am
Master_Ghost_KnightContributorUser avatarPosts: 2630Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:57 pmLocation: Netherlands Gender: Male

This should go into issues and sugestions.
This section is specificaly designed for colaborative work, not to help you fix your PC, or in this case browser.
"I have an irrefutable argument for the existence of...." NO, STOP! You are already wrong!
Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:48 am
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5001Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

ThePuppyTurtle wrote:Why Does my Main IP Address give me this when I try to Come Here?
"We are performing some maintenance. We will be back shortly."

It's because your browser has a cache saved from a previous visit (or the site is actually under maintenance). Just refresh the page (ctrl+R or F5). Nothing to do with your IP address.

And yes, MGK is correct about the sub-forum.
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:05 pm
Aught3ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 4290Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:36 amLocation: New Zealand Gender: Male

Force refresh is the answer, this thread is now closed.
Wanderer, there is no path, the path is made by walking.
Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:02 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 5 posts ] 
Return to Issues & Suggestions